Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 07:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: KOTOR + UniWS
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010, 08:46 

Hey I know this is a weird request but that's why I'm posting it here in the hopes someone can at least redirect me to a thread that deals with it. I am trying to run kotor 1 and 2 on my 1366x768 screen and I can't get the uniws patch to work. Up till now I was running them on vista and my computer was stretching them to fit the whole screen and I got used to it that way not knowing it was being stretched. The problem is that I just upgraded to windows 7 professional and now the card won't stretch them anymore and as I mentioned I can't get uniws to work. With no other choice can someone tell me how I can reactivate that stretching because to me at least that's better than the black bars on the side. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: KOTOR + UniWS
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2010, 18:18 

I have the same problem. Files are at the right place, but I still have interface in wrong resolution... Do anyone have an idea??????

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2011, 09:53 

Did you buy KOTOR on steam? If you did you have to use a nocd cracked exe instead of the steam exe

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2011, 23:07 

No, I got mine as part of the Star Wars Best of PC pack. Also I just found out the problem with the stretching that I was having is that my graphics card is Intel and apparently the Intel graphics program has a bug that when it installs it automatically picks one of the three scaling options (center image, stretch, maintain aspect ratio) and sets as the scaling option and you can't change it. apparently Intel has yet to fix this. Why, I don't know.