Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Jul 2024, 13:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2008, 02:25 

Also the game has 30fps cap and..........a Vsync option in the video menu!!!:shock:

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2008, 02:50 
Insiders
Insiders

Eh, no big surprise. From what i heard of it, it seems that R* doesn't give a rats' ass about this game. The lack of copy protection is a good testament to that.

But it's cheap, it's old, and somehow it made its was to PC. And it looks fun for a few minutes.. I may jsut end up downloading it jsut to see what teh fuss is about. But being infected with console-itis there's no WAY i'd buy it..

I just hope (and expect) they'll treat GTA IV better.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2008, 03:07 

From what i heard of it, it seems that R* doesn't give a rats' ass about this game.

I think its true what you've heard.

The game is buggy and badly optimized. People reporting freezes during loading screens, missing textures, the game doesn't support gamepads (my buddy tried to manually configure his pad, and then he coulnt leave the control menu.) Also your character cant "Side step", so if you hit left or right, he will be running in circles. Mouse behaves very sluggish: if you slowly move your mouse, its movement wont be registered by the game.
Very crappy port.

Also there is a duplicate of a "Shaders" folder in "..Bully Scholarship EditionShaderBinaries", called "Copy of Shaders" lol

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2008, 15:36 

Eh, no big surprise. From what i heard of it, it seems that R* doesn't give a rats' ass about this game. The lack of copy protection is a good testament to that.

But it's cheap, it's old, and somehow it made its was to PC. And it looks fun for a few minutes.. I may jsut end up downloading it jsut to see what teh fuss is about. But being infected with console-itis there's no WAY i'd buy it..

I just hope (and expect) they'll treat GTA IV better.

You hear correctly and then some. Here's a few examples of some of the threads I've been in stuck with this mess:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1358363

You'll see more links in the opening post of that thread.

Steam users, non steam users, myraids of configs software and hardware wise...it just doesn't matter: Rockstar did an embarassingly wretched job here.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2008, 12:31 
Editors
Editors

So this "controversial" game eventually made it to the PC ! And it's vert-. Thanks for the info :)

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2008, 17:36 

No supprise, it is the same on the PS2, and the previous GTA games are the same as well.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2008, 22:09 

Pathetic. They better lift their game for GTAIV... been waiting for that one for ages. AND I'm willing to pay for it.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2008, 17:43 

GTA4 was made for 16:9, with a narrower view for 4:3 output. At least it is on the consoles, but I would be shocked if the PC version is any different. Of course wider aspect ratio support is still up in the air.