Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Oct 2024, 20:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2007, 06:28 

This game is NOT working at 2560x1600...

The fov centre of focus is stuck way in the bottom right hand corner and everything is tilted and very distorted.

1920x1200 and 1280x800 and 2048x1536 all work as they should.

I can run 2560x1600 on all my other games properly as well.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2007, 09:01 
Editors
Editors

This came up before .... I don't think it was ever fixed.
I tried getting it wo work in TripleHead ... it worked but just not at the higher resolutions ... :(

Sorry mate ...

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2007, 17:14 

i fired off an email to vivendi support.. we'll see what they say

i should email starbreeze as well

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2007, 01:29 

finally I had to go through STARBREEZE themselves to get a proper response:

"Hello,

The game is simply listing all resolutions given to it from Windows. We had a limit of 2048x2048 in the engine at that time. Since there were no mainstream 2560x1600 devices available, it was not tested, nor did we think about this limitation. The bug is really that the game should be removing resolutions above 2048x2048 from the available choices.

We'd rather fix the limitation of course, but we haven't been asked to make any corrections to Riddick. We're not allowed to make patches on our own since it is not our property and it has to go through vivendi Q/A and so on.

Sorry I can't be of much help."

Think it would be possible to get Sierra/Vivendi to issue a patch?

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2007, 07:31 
Insiders
Insiders

finally I had to go through STARBREEZE themselves to get a proper response:

"Hello,

The game is simply listing all resolutions given to it from Windows. We had a limit of 2048x2048 in the engine at that time. Since there were no mainstream 2560x1600 devices available, it was not tested, nor did we think about this limitation. The bug is really that the game should be removing resolutions above 2048x2048 from the available choices.

We'd rather fix the limitation of course, but we haven't been asked to make any corrections to Riddick. We're not allowed to make patches on our own since it is not our property and it has to go through vivendi Q/A and so on.

Sorry I can't be of much help."

To be honest ? No... I've emailed twice to Vivendi and since the limitation is hard coded it is alot of work to get it fixed.. I've tried to patch the game but with the same results.. I don't think there will be patch for this game that should fix it..

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2007, 22:54 

Nope. Most publishers only pay developers to support a game for so long; I'm mean it would be nice if publishers/developers would support their games for newer hardware, but realistically speaking you can't expect them to support a game forever. Believe it or not Riddick is almost 3 years old now.

Beyond that, I think one can safely assume that the market size of people with 2560x1600 displays that can also run the game reasonably well at that resolution is tiny. The cost/benefit just doesn't work out.

It still sucks, there are plenty of 3-5 year old games that I wish were still supported myself, but I can't really blame the developers. I guess some of that comes from being a programmer and knowing what it's like to have to support old products.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2007, 21:08 

Boy, this was a shockingly great game. I just replayed it, and it's as good a title of its type ever made.