Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 15 Jul 2024, 20:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2007, 01:24 

Hi!

I tried the res-patch and got it to work. But it felt more like stretched 640x480 than 1680x1050 that I hoped for. Tried to change back to my old res of 1280xsomething but I was stuck at 1680x1050. Tried the patch again and then changed it to 1280x1024 but I was still in widescreen mode. Then I noticed that other games where stuck in 1680x1050. Games like NFS:Most Wanted and CS. These games were not set to widescreen and 1680x1050 before the patch. Tried changing the scaling on my lcd but nothing helped. This is really annoying...It all worked fine before I used the patcher from Squ1zzy. It feels like the patcher has done something more than patched a file in a Vegas directory but that shouldn´t be the case, right? I must be missing something? Tell me it is an easy solution to this problem! I want to go back to where I was in control of the res of my games.

Hp f2105
8800GTX
2GB DDR
Amd 4000+

/ hafz

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2007, 02:08 

Hmm crazy. Squ1zzys Patch works great and with no problems with me.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2007, 02:20 

Yes.. I guess it does.. Im not blaming his patcher but maybe it sounded like I did.

I think it has something to do with my monitor scaling. I installed my new 8800GTX today and after that I tried the res-patcher. Perhaps the solution lies within my new drivers and their settings....

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2007, 09:35 
Insiders
Insiders

What the Patcher does is changing a HEX value in the file itself, so it can't be the patcher, that's for sure.. The Patchers makes a backup before apply'ing the patch.. So rename the file.bak back to file.exe and it's set to default again..

"Then I noticed that other games where stuck in 1680x1050. Games like NFS:Most Wanted and CS."

If that's true you will HAVE to tell me how you've done it :P

That's the solution to everyone with a widescreen monitor.. Patcher that makes every game run in a selected mode would be GREAT, but yet unbelievable :(

There's something else wrong mate, trust me.. Reinstall drivers should do the trick.. Use the drivercleaner first..

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2007, 16:38 

Yes Squ1zzy I know! There is something else going on here..
My first thought was that your nice patcher had something to do with it. Then I guessed it might be the new 8800gtx I installed and its drivers. I have searched forums about that and I found that there is trouble with the drivers and the flat panel scaling. I guess the drivers I have is set to always scale the picture to fullscreen. I would rather have it set to let my HP F2105 do the scaling or at least the fill to aspect ratio. The problem now is that the menu in the nvidia control panel refuses to let me change these settings. There should be a choose scaling option and I know where but it doesnt show up. Anyone else with this problem or someone that know a fix for it?