Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 11 Jul 2024, 00:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Jets 'N' Guns
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2005, 21:19 

I just got this shooter and it only defaults to 640 x 480, I tried looking in every file in the folder its installed to, and can't find where to forced the res. to something higher, (1680 x 1050 would be nice :) ). Anyone else have this game? Its not well known but a real nice shooter.

Post subject: Jets 'N' Guns
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2005, 00:44 
Founder
Founder

I haven't heard of it. Is there a demo folks can grab. One thing to check is for hidden files or folders. Some games have been known to hide config files.

Also, the registry is a good place to look. You can usually start with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE. From there look for the game publisher, and then open that folder. There should be a folder for the game itself. There might be a key in that folder, or another folder marked something like "Video"

Post subject: Re: Jets 'N' Guns
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2006, 22:38 

I just got this shooter and it only defaults to 640 x 480, I tried looking in every file in the folder its installed to, and can't find where to forced the res. to something higher, (1680 x 1050 would be nice :) ). Anyone else have this game? Its not well known but a real nice shooter.

There also is upgraded GOLD edition
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jets%27N%27Guns#JnG_Gold (wikipedia)
- http://jng.rakeingrass.com/ (homepage)

... it features a display resolution of 800x600 as compared to 640x480 in the original version. In text configuration file "Game.ini" you can also adjust variables Width and Height to set any resolution you want.

But in fact, it's just theoretical advantage. I have tried to change resolution this way to 1680 x 1050, and game is not playable that way - there are a lot of graphics bugs and also game objects does weird (more than usual :-) ) things

Maybe some patch will fix it in near future .. it depends on developement team RakeInGrass of course, so try contact them on their forum, if you would like to have entire level on one big wide screen :-D

http://forum.rakeingrass.com/