Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 11:52

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: San Andreas HELP!
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2006, 18:16 

I posted this on another thread....but I can't get the help I need. Here's as follows:

I bought GTA: SA second edition. It's made for 16:9 monitors; mine is 16:10. Apparently there is a camera hack, which I downloaded. Now, I'm not sure how to get it to work on my game, or even if it WILL work on my game....is the second edition (the one that nixes the "hot coffee") keeping me from hacking into it? Mikeh sent me a link for the hack and says that it works on ALL versions of GTA: SA.

If that is the case, can somebody help me figure out how to get it to work (possibly step by step?) I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2006, 19:33 
Editors
Editors

I have 16:10 resolutions straight out the box :shock:

Doubt they woulda changed that with the non-modable one? ....

Theres a widescreen "on" "off" option ingame too , maybe that would help

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2006, 21:03 

First start the camera hack EXE, then start the game.

Load into a level (or resume a save game) and enable the camera mod (press * by default) and you should see a message at the top of the screen saying it's been enabled.

Then you use both bracket keys to increase/decrease FOV, the ; and ' keys to stretch the image back out (to fix the aspect ratio) and once you're happy with the settings, save them (I think you press Ctrl-s, but I'm not sure - check the readme).

As for GTA:SA's out of box support for widescreen monitors, it simply takes the 4:3 image and chopps off the top and bottom to make it 16:10, rather than increasing the FOV. That's what the camera hack is used to correct.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2006, 22:48 

Well, I tried all this stuff, and then when I go to start a game, I get an error report and then the game stops! :x I appreciate ur guys' help with everything. Any ideas what I can do now?

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2006, 23:10 

Are you running Kaspersky AV or Internet Security?

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2006, 03:33 

Well, I tried all this stuff, and then when I go to start a game, I get an error report and then the game stops! :x I appreciate ur guys' help with everything. Any ideas what I can do now?

I believe that the censored version of the game, which I have, was altered to prevent modding, although there are ways around that and some mods still work as is.

You might want to search and/or ask more questions here:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showforum=121

In particular, check out this thread ...

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?s=2645ca5d5bfe9d44fc702c7a95a1703a&showtopic=217614

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2006, 06:48 

No, no internet security.....man this is getting to be so complex that I just might return the damn thing.....

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2008, 01:47 

I have the first edition. The camhack will display enabled when the * is pressed but the fov commands do not respond.

Does anyone have experience with this problem?

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2008, 02:25 
Insiders
Insiders

The game uses 16:9 for the widescreen option, so it's still a little squished on 16:10, even though it still shows 16:10 resolutions.

As for your problem, make sure to patch it to 1.02 cold (or hot if you can find it) and be sure to use the newest camhack, v1.2. Or maybe an older cam hack would do the trick.. and of source make you you have no other mods on. If you have old savegames from a modded version, someimte they won;t agree with a vanilla (default) install.

Tanuki: double-check the FOV controls and/or reset them again just to be sure.

I actually just installed camhack on a friends computer and when it's enabled the gme runs very very clow for a few sends every minute or so.. can't figure it out...

on MY computer, specds below, San Andreas runs at about 11fps for some reason. I've tried different versions, changing graphics trweaks, wetc.. no lcuk.

It makes me a sad panda.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2008, 02:32 

As for your problem, make sure to patch it to 1.02 cold (or hot if you can find it)

Do you mean 1.01? I have 1.01 cold as a patch. There is another version? It is not listed on the patch scrolls site.

Do you know the diff between hot and cold?

Thanks.