Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 09 Sep 2024, 10:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2006, 08:26 

Hi,

Actually, I'm one of the lucky ones who are able to play the W:MoC closed beta. I have a 3.5+, 2 gb ddr, 7600gt, and a viewsonic va1912w @ 1440@900.

The game simply won't start @ 1440x900, pops up an error message :/ Now, it does support 1024x768, 1280x1024 and 1360x768 but when I set this last one the picture just doesn't fit on the screen.

So when I put my desktop's resolution to 1024, the game will start, and I'm able to play. The graphics is awesome, the gamplay is just like the Total War series. But it's 1024, not the native resolution so its ugly and sretched but doesn't matter, I can play :)

I still dont know whether it will ship out with native WS support or not. Actually there is a config file, in c:documents & settingsusernameetc...

There is a Config.con, the 1st line sais: generated config script, and contains, set gfx_UseVSync "1", set ui_Resolution "1024".

Hope the final product will have native WS support!

p.s.: sounds and music are beautiful too, thx Jeremy Soule! Erm, when you watch the game on your WS LCD, well its a bit blurry 'couse of you're not playing in the native res., and weird but I didn't notice any scretch...

Update well I'm not sure if I'm violating any terms so I deleted the 2 linked screenshots :oops:

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2006, 12:16 
Editors
Editors

If this is a closed beta, make sure you're not violating a Non Disclosure Agreement by posting screenshots... ;)

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2006, 17:23 

well there IS a resolution in the main menu: 1360*768 but thats not a "normal" WS res... maybe I'll try it.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2006, 14:22 

Well since it's a beta you should post your experience somewhere on the developer's website, or something ? So they can fix it and make a new beta release, at least... while you're at it post links to this place and ask for native support ? :P