Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Jul 2024, 19:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2006, 07:34 

I just got my new 2407WFP yesterday, and i came here for help tweaking all my games. I got just about all of them to work perfectly, this is a really great site, and i love 1920x1200 widescreen!

Unfortunately, i am having trouble with Farcry. LOL you guys are probably gonna call me a total noob, but i have to ask. I have read the Farcry tweak here , but when i rename "SCRIPTS.pak.zip" to "SCRIPTS.pak" it stays zipped. I am using WinRAR so idk if that has anything to do with it. How do i get this into .pak again? thx lol

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2006, 11:33 

you have the filenames off for recognized files.
to fix this...
tools -> folder options -> view[tab] -> then uncheck 'hide extensions for known file types'

this should then reveal that the file is infact called scripts.pak.zip still.

if this isnt the answer then im all outta ideas.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2006, 11:35 
Editors
Editors

I posted the exact same thing as you mengzor but a bit too late. But I think it is like you wrote mengzor. Makes sense.

Could it be that the hide extensions for known file types is checked in folder options? If it is checked unchek it.

When it is checked the .zip will not show when you press F2 to rename a file because it is a known file type. And you can't change the file type by renaming it by pressing F2. You were able to change it to .zip in the first place because .pak was probobly not a known file type at the time.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2006, 22:16 

thx alot, its working now