Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jul 2024, 15:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2008, 16:17 

Hello,

I am new to this forum. And wow what a site. I own several CRT projectors. As you know, these Monsters have no fixed panels and can scan to any resulutuion in theire bandwidht. I am just getting into the Widescreen thing. But I am sure that I soon will have surround gaming with several projectors.

Thats why I need to know, if the three "monitors" screens can stand in a row, meaning in a line. And not like most monitors I see with the two side monitors having a different angle to the viewer.

In the moment I can imagine two solutions. For sure the "dome" with the screens left and right having a different angle to the user than the one in the middle.

Or can I use my 170" screen and project with all three projectors on that planar surface?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

noos

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2008, 00:19 

You can use both.

I believe a curve is the optimal "angle" for surround gaming.

There is always going to be more distortion on the left and right of the image when using surround resolutions because of the high field of view. But since you are focused on the center of the image it should not be noticied that much if at all.

So you can use a flat viewing area but the surround effect will not be as pronounced.

If you are viewing from a large distance away you may prefer using a 16:9 resolution.

The best way to find out is to compare both views and see what you get.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2008, 08:10 

Hello,

and thanks a lot!
This was exacly the answer I needed.

Best regards

noos