Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 23:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2005, 18:00 

After reading and re-reading all known solutions to the problem of widescreen not being officially supported in Battlefield 1942 and having no success I have decided to try a different alternative.

I recently recieved a widescreen display (Acer AL1916W) with a native res of 1440x900 at 60Hz, but I am unhappy with how the image appears in-game, apparently only displayed at a stretched 1024x768 regardless of my best efforts to get it running in proper 16:10.

Therefore I wish to simply display the image in it's original 4:3 unstretched format, in 1024x768 res and have black borders along the side. My video card is an Nvidia 6800, and I am running winXP, does anyone know of how I could do this?

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2005, 21:59 

I know you can manually change the FOV for 42, that might be an alternative to black bars.

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2005, 01:54 
Founder
Founder

Hi Meggsy,

Welcome to the forums. :)

In your Nvidia card's display options (i.e. Digital Flat Panel Settings) choose "fixed aspect ratio scaling" - it will maintain the aspect ratio of your chosen resolution and display the picture with black bars on the side.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2006, 15:34 

Re:Stretch

The monitor, while being a flatpanel, is connected via an analogue signal and I believe that because of this 'Digital Flat Panel Settings' does not appear, instead 'display mode timing' is shown.

I tired the setting 'fixed aspect ratio timing' but the monitor still insists on stretching the image to the full width.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2006, 06:29 

this is really pissing me off too. The FOV setting just adjusts the camera position, but the geometry is still stretched sideways. I also can't get AA to work in game. What is wrong with this.