Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 10 Jul 2024, 10:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Falcon 4.0: Allied Force
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2005, 14:09 

Has anyone tried to run Falcon 4.0: Allied Force at 1680x1050? The game documentation only mentions support for 1024x768, 1280x960, and 1600x1200. I sent an e-mail to the development team at Lead Pursuit and I got a reply back that nobody on their team can run at such an "odd" resolution. I wish I had some statistics about how many 1680x1050 monitors are out there (including the Dell 2005FPW that I just ordered).

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2005, 14:14 
Editors
Editors

Whaha, odd resolution. They probable make fire with a wooden stick and they sleep in caves over there at Lead Pursuit.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2005, 15:41 
Editors
Editors

Wasn't Allied Force a community effort because Falcon 4 was just about the most horrifically buggy game ever, but the devs wouldn't support it properly?

I seem to remember something like that when the news of F4:AF was announced...

Have a look for any config files, or res references in the registry... failing that, and feeling adventurous? Have a look in the .exe with XVI32. :)

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2005, 19:21 

Wasn't Allied Force a community effort because Falcon 4 was just about the most horrifically buggy game ever, but the devs wouldn't support it properly?

Right - as I read in a review, "Falcon 4.0 pushed the envelope and the envelope pushed back". But Lead Pursuit has done an excellent job of making it very stable, so the Allied Force product is much, much better in that regard. There was a specific note in one of the patches that mentioned support being added for 5:4 aspect ratio. So I get the feeling that there won't be anything I can do myself (not that I have any experience at this sort of thing anyway).