Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 15 Jul 2024, 15:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Red Faction from Steam
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2009, 18:21 

anyone know how to change the res on this one? Looked up the old reg edit and it is not there. I am on vista too so i am not sure if vista stores game in the same place anyway.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2009, 10:41 

Just bought this game and its shame it doesn't work or even addes the reg values which aren't there. No config either to edit :(

If theres anyway of making this look better than what it currently does (looks very blurry) then 100 thanks!

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2009, 19:18 

The Steam forums have you covered, there is a program called Pure Faction that allows for How+ widescreen gaming.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2009, 02:22 

The Steam forums have you covered, there is a program called Pure Faction that allows for How+ widescreen gaming.

Thanks, I read that but it doesn't specify that it will work for Steam. And when I downloaded it, the install location isn't using the mod folder in the RD install location.

Does it matter where you install it because I don't want to screw up my game - does it work flawlessly with Red Faction on Steam? Thanks.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2009, 02:39 

I got it working with Steam, I think you just need to change the installation directory. Don't remember exactly... you launch Pure Faction in the end, not Red Faction, so Steam knows nothing.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2009, 05:34 

I got it working with Steam, I think you just need to change the installation directory. Don't remember exactly... you launch Pure Faction in the end, not Red Faction, so Steam knows nothing.

Thanks for confirming it works too.

I found you have to change install location so PR installs inside Steam RF folder. Its normally Program FilesSteamsteamappscommonred faction. Then instead of using Steam to launch RF, you use PF.exe or PFLauncher.exe which the readme stats the Steam overlay won't work but you gain a very good enhancement.