Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 14:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: vernacular wrote:helifax
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 18:52 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Hmm I am experiencing white textures with the fix.... anyone else has this problem?

It only seemed to happen after extended play, but I'm starting to see white textures too. My character's skin lost it's texture and one of the textures on the werewolf on the loading screen turned white as well. I'm still not sure if this is related to the fix, but it's the first time it has happened on the character and on the loading screen for me. I've had this happen with tree textures when I was messing with SkyrimPrefs.ini too much, but I reverted that file and hadn't had any problems with it since.

Yes I also noticed it after a some play time and also after ALT+TABing to much! I either get black or white textures...:) I after played for 2h with no alt+tabing and no problems there:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: Gave Haydens fix a shot.
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 18:53 
Editors
Editors

Gave Haydens fix a shot. Makes the game playable but not working quite rite for me at 5940x1200.

With the fix on I cant see any menus at all be it inventory, or main menu. With the fix off they are scaled fine just not centered they are on the left.

I consider this livable I suppose, but I would like to see if I can figure out why its not 100%

I may try the other fix later that uses CE.

Post subject: ViciousXUSMC wrote:Gave
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 18:56 
Insiders
Insiders

Gave Haydens fix a shot. Makes the game playable but not working quite rite for me at 5940x1200.

With the fix on I cant see any menus at all be it inventory, or main menu. With the fix off they are scaled fine just not centered they are on the left.

I consider this livable I suppose, but I would like to see if I can figure out why its not 100%

I may try the other fix later that uses CE.

On my 1st try I also had that problem! Try "AutoDetect resolution" if that doesn't work try to fill in manually the resolution in his fix. There is something wrong with the game engine and at some resolutions it breaks and no menus are displayed...
First try a non bezel resolution. After try to migrate to a bezel corrected and fill in manually the resolutions.

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: helifax wrote:vernacular
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 18:58 

[quote][quote]Hmm I am experiencing white textures with the fix.... anyone else has this problem?

It only seemed to happen after extended play, but I'm starting to see white textures too. My character's skin lost it's texture and one of the textures on the werewolf on the loading screen turned white as well. I'm still not sure if this is related to the fix, but it's the first time it has happened on the character and on the loading screen for me. I've had this happen with tree textures when I was messing with SkyrimPrefs.ini too much, but I reverted that file and hadn't had any problems with it since.

Yes I also noticed it after a some play time and also after ALT+TABing to much! I either get black or white textures...:) I after played for 2h with no alt+tabing and no problems there:)
I don't remember if I alt+tabbed I don't think I did, but yeah, if you alt+tab a lot some really wonky stuff can happen. I've went back into the game after alt+tabbing and had most things turn black with weird rainbow stuff where specular lighting should be and I've alt+tabbed back into the game to just being floating armor without a body.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 19:04 

I'm using the DVD version which I guess is for PAL regions so it shouldn't be a localisation issue. I've tried running the injector at several stages: using it before the games launched it crashes straight away. Using it on the main menu it crashes when I alt-tab back to the game and using it during gameplay it seems to crash whenever I try to use a menu.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 19:08 

Many thanks Hayden. Have been using your latest fix and so far it appears to be perfect. I'm using three monitors in a eyefinity set. Have not as yet seen any blank textures some have reported and with luck I wont.

There are not enough ways to say thank you for all the hard work.

Post subject: Hayden's fix is awesome.
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 19:31 

Hayden's fix is awesome. Occasionally the crosshair gets off-centered but that's easily fixed by hitting tab.

The only real issue is on the map, if you scroll sideways, two areas at the very top (Winterhold and Dawnstar, at least, I haven't gone exploring up there) don't stay put and move around. Other areas that far north (to the left and right) don't move around, so not sure what's going on there.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 20:02 

Hayden, your fix is amazing, very much like stock. Load screens, maps, books/scrolls, inventory, everything seems to work. 5760x1080 with completely stock exe and .ini. I may however be noticing the slightest reduction in framerate, although I can't imagine your tool adding anything more than negligible overhead. However, my single 6850 (waiting for crossfire) is already taxed on the high/ultra settings.

The only "broken" thing in the game right now is the flickering shadows every 10s or so. I am going to play with the ini and see if I can solve it.

Thanks hayden and halifax for your great work.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 20:32 

5860 x 1080 (set in INI and set to autodetect in the fix) seems to work, except the loading screens are squished. Manually inputting that res results in no menu showing up at the start screen, at the very least.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 21:19 

Thanks for the v.3 release HaYden

One comment, it would appear that text gets jumbled together on the 2nd level and higher of the skill/perk trees

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 302  Next