Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 13 Jul 2024, 03:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2012, 10:29 
Insiders
Insiders

Sorry, but that doesn't work for me ;-(
I klick 'J' before entering the dialogue and the picture will just zoom in, but will not show the dialogue.
Any other clue?

Can you try with a lower resolution like 5040 x 1050? I want to see if the resolution is influencing this somehow.

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: helifax wrote:Hans Dampf
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2012, 12:05 

[quote]Sorry, but that doesn't work for me ;-(
I klick 'J' before entering the dialogue and the picture will just zoom in, but will not show the dialogue.
Any other clue?

Can you try with a lower resolution like 5040 x 1050? I want to see if the resolution is influencing this somehow.

Sure! I will do that after work and feedback to you shortly.

Post subject: Hans Dampf wrote:helifax
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2012, 17:13 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote]Sorry, but that doesn't work for me ;-(
Any other clue?

Sure! I will do that after work and feedback to you shortly.

OK I saw the problem:)

1. So start the WSF
2. Start the game
3. ALT+TAB 2 times to make the engine actually use the new values.
4. FIRST TIME ONLY: Start a conversation. Press J and press enter (blindly). After the guys finishes talking the options actually appear. (apparently the engine doesnt use the new value unless forced.)
5. Next time before starting a conversation press J.

Best Regards!

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2012, 02:02 
Insiders
Insiders

- HUGE UPDATE :
- Updated the plugin so NO WORKAROUND KEY IS NEEDED!
- Plugin automatically detects if a conversation is about to begin and fixes Dialog Menu + FOV & Aspect Ratio. It works 95% of the times ( Sometime if you talk to a NPC without dialog options these are not fixed).
- Detects if a Trade menu is activated from the dialog options.
- Small problem when returting from Trade menu. No dialog options appear until you select something. This is due to the inability to write the memory values BEFORE they are actually used... but is nothing game breaking.
- Small YouTube Clip to show it! Please test it and let me know
- As before 3X resolutions are enabled and Aspect Ratio for HUD is fixed.
- Read plugin description for all information.

The new plugin can be found here: Helifax's Plugins for WideScreen Fixer

Best Regards,
Helifax

Post subject: Hey guys!Got a
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2012, 15:00 

Hey guys!
Got a problem!
Well, my laptop is not too strong, so I used to play all the games in 1024x600 resolution. I wish I could do the same thing in Risen 2: DW.
I change the resolution to 1024x600 in ConfigUser.ini file in Appdata/Local/Risen2
But every time I do it, the game resolution changes back to 1366x768 (defualt). It seems like game changes back to defualt res every time I change it to some other res that isn't in the game settings.
Any idea why?

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2013, 17:06 

Not sure if you are still supporting this plugin or not, but I've read this entire thread, and used your widescreen fixer, but for some unknown reason the fixer itself stops responding while launching the game. I've given it admin privelages, tried it with modified and default .xml's, and changed the hotkeys. Widescreen fixer.exe still crashes for me upon launch of Risen 2. I have set Risen to run in fullscreen in the default.xml file. Any suggestions?

I run surround at 6060x1200 bezel corrected btw.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2013, 03:02 
Insiders
Insiders

starwolf2692 wrote:
Not sure if you are still supporting this plugin or not, but I've read this entire thread, and used your widescreen fixer, but for some unknown reason the fixer itself stops responding while launching the game. I've given it admin privelages, tried it with modified and default .xml's, and changed the hotkeys. Widescreen fixer.exe still crashes for me upon launch of Risen 2. I have set Risen to run in fullscreen in the default.xml file. Any suggestions?

I run surround at 6060x1200 bezel corrected btw.

Hey,
Yes I see the problem.. It seems that is trying to locate the process but for some reason it fails...and enters an infinite loop.... I will investigate further:) and will fix it as soon as possible;))

Thx for letting me know

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2013, 05:26 

Thanks for all the hard work you've had to do to cover the asses of developers who do shitty pc ports :) Triple monitor gaming is truly a different experience, and being stuck playing at 1920x1200 is like having one eye closed :)

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2013, 16:59 
Insiders
Insiders

starwolf2692 wrote:
Thanks for all the hard work you've had to do to cover the asses of developers who do shitty pc ports :) Triple monitor gaming is truly a different experience, and being stuck playing at 1920x1200 is like having one eye closed :)

Sorry for not having the time to look at the plugin sooner. I will look at it today and make it work again:)

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2013, 19:40 
Editors
Editors

whenever i try to start Risen 2 it deactivates my both side monitors.....
When i tab out of the Game (at main menue) i'm on the desktop but side monitors still deactivated. Can't reactivate them, no mater what, even re configuring Eyefinity Setup doesn't help.
So when i want to tab back into the Game it tries to maximize to 6048x1080 but only the Main Monitor is aviable and the game crashes.

Any idea what i'm supposed to do ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next