Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 18:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: Yes, its strange really.
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 06:44 

Yes, its strange really.

Post subject: Like others, long time
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 06:57 

Like others, long time lurker, first time poster.

Have only given skyrim about 2 hours before having to come to work.

6870 OC, Q9400, Eyefinity 3x 19" LCD @ 4320x900 - set to "High" by default. Haven't played with detail settings yet, but everything runs very playably.

Like everyone else, getting the mystical magnified and offset menus. Applied the ini fix to remove v-sync - that was a big improvement for my mouse lag and sluggishness (smooth as glass now)
also running FOV 100 to keep things in a better perspective.

With Rage running Eyefinity I had to apply a number of Launch Options in my steam shortcut to get things to work and look right; could this be the case for Skyrim? (from here of course: http://widescreengamingforum.com/dr/rage/en)

Seen a few comments about Eyefinity support, so far the best games I've seen have been Dirt 3, Payday (I know.. right!) and Shift 2 in terms of "out of the box" and "works". The sad truth seems to be that most people wont get NVSurround or Eyefinity so developers arn't putting alot of emphasis on getting it right. I guess the business arguement circles around the fact they may piss off and loose a few percent of the customers; but the vast majority are on console ports or are casual gamers and will buy whatever they are told is good.

I'll be definately keeping a close eye to this thread, I think getting the menus right would just be the icing on the cake for what seems to be a great evolution of the ES games.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 07:09 

I launched the game on my 4th monitor first (1920x1200) and put all my settings to Ultra and then went into the advanced settings to make sure that everything was at max.
After a quick ini to change the resolution to 5040x1050 I launched the game again

THE GOOD:

• The game looked AMAZING in surround. It was buttery smooth with the specs below. I experienced no mouse issues.

• I changed bTreesReceiveShadows=1 and bDrawLandShadows=1 and changed the FOV to 95 using the console and the game was still buttery smooth

• The textures aren't bad at all. Some are blurrier than others but overall they look great. They look on par with most contemporary games save a few like the witcher. I can't really hold this against Bethesda considering the size of the world, how much of it is being drawn, and the immense amount of content in the game. It will only get better with expansions and mods. After having seen how good the game looks on the PC I am actually quite irritated with all the whiners on the Bethesda forums that are complaining.

THE BAD:

• The main menu and loading screens are zoomed in quite a bit

• The in-game menu is zoomed in to where it is unplayable.

• Because of the zooming the character creation is jacked up so I didn't go any further than that

Screenshots

I hope someone comes to the rescue to fix surround because we are in for one of the most immersive experiences ever in an RPG.

**SYSTEM SPECS**
Intel i7 2600k @ 4.7Ghz
8 GB RAM
(2) nVidia GTX 580
(3) 22" @ 1680x1050 {5040x1050}

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 07:23 
I Donated
I Donated

Thanks H8. You laid things out very clearly. I shouldn't have issues running this game, but playing it with the really messed up menus is the main issue it seems.

Can you tell me your exact FPS? I'm running two GTX 570's, so I'll take 1/3 of your framerate off to kinda guess what mine will be.

Post subject: Well, I'm having similar
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 07:24 

Well, I'm having similar issues to the other guy with the 580s. Running 2 GTX580 3GB and I'm getting about 80% GPU usage on both average but the frame rate is erratic. It gets as high as 80 and drops as low as 40 in spots. The kicker, enabling 3D didn't affect my frame rate at all. And this game has awesome 3D. I love it. I didn't try surround. So, it's playable in 3D even though there are some obvious flaws in the drivers. I'm using the beta driver BTW. I jacked up the depth on the 3D all the way and there was no, what's the word? Well there was no need to adjust the convergence level, it was perfect across the board. With the exception of the crosshair and some of the onscreen markers. The Nvidia crosshair works just fine. It's basically the same as New Vegas but much improved in regards to 3D. The only issue aside from that which I've noticed is there seems to be some mouse smoothing enabled, which there is no option for. It's uncomfortable for me as I don't use it normally. I turned up my DPI all the way and it helped a lot, but in the menus my mouse pointer flies around. This game is gonna be legend once we can run it in surround.

I should point out that I've got all in game settings maxed except AA, I have it set to 2x. Set at 8x I was getting frame rate drops into the high 20s which is unacceptable for me. Leaving it at 2x ensures solid frames in most areas. I also always set the view distance on the grass to its minimum as performance usually suffers from it, and it looks like crap to begin with. Res. 1920x1080

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 08:00 
Insiders
Insiders

I have 2 580's in SLI with 8x AA & AF at 5760x1080 and I am getting 45min about 57 or 63fps average. This is with the new beta drivers that came out today from nvidia. I also had to put in my resolution in the skyrimprefs.ini the game wouldn't detect a res higher then 1920x1080.

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 08:02 

trying to output the console commands to a txt file

there is a command called SetConsoleOuputFile or scof

it's usage is supposed to be scof "abc.txt"

typing help in the console lists all the commands

i can't seem to get it to output the text though.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 08:22 

Alright I forgot to mention that I am using the 285.79 Beta Drivers. Through the whole intro scene it was very smooth with my system. I was getting between 40 and 60 FPS. FPS never went higher than 60 due to vsync; I know from past experiences that it is best to keep the gamebryo engine from fluctuating too wildly. It only dipped into the mid 30s when there were a lot of trees and volumetric fog on the screen but it remained silky smooth.

Aside from the menu issues in surround, I have to say that this is pretty impressive for a day 1 launch. Keep in mind that we are working with beta drivers, and no patches aside from the day 1 patch.

I really hope we get this menu situation solved because this thing is phenomenal. And when we have surround in all it's glory there will be no other experience like it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to get high and kill things. I am also going to order a Fleshlight and paste the game cover on the outside of it.

Post subject: wow... very messed up
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 08:43 

wow... very messed up menus.
Time to play on 1280x1024 ::cringe::

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 09:38 
Insiders
Insiders

For any one wanting to fix the mouse zipping across the screen vertically, I set bMouseAcceleration=0 to disable mouse acceleration and it helped out a lot. It didn't fix it but it helped.

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 302  Next