Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 14:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: level up fix
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 00:07 

I saw that some ppl have problem with the LEVEL UP text.
i found a fix for it.

Level Up fix

edit: i saw now that its already been posted, sorry

Post subject: This broke my game!!
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 01:22 

Gr1zzly Try what i sayd on the previous page, launch the program and navigate to TESV.exe in your skyrim folder under steam.

Here is where i downloaded Large adress Aware :.php?t=112556 there is a zip file on that page.

Everything was running great, over 60 fps, no crashes, wide screen running great, GPU useage at about 80&, Temps all good and then..... then I tried this. I used it and navagated to the TESV exe and it showed that it had been patched and now my game will not launch. Good lesson I guess. I have no back up of the TESV file only the ini files.
HELP, how do I fix this or do I have to reinstall?

CPU i-7920 DO @3.6 Ghz, PSU Corsair AX1200, GPU's 2 EVGA GTX 580's in SLI Surround, Monitors 3 Ea Samsung 245T's 24" @ 5760 X 1200, Storage, Boot Drive 120 Gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, Program drives, 2 Ea 300 Gb V-Raptors in RAID 0, Storage drive, WD RE3 1 TB, M

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 01:50 
Editors
Editors

[quote]I have no back up of the TESV file only the ini files.
HELP, how do I fix this or do I have to reinstall?

No need to reinstall, run LAA again, select the .exe again and uncheck the box, click Save.

Post subject: Still Broken
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 02:16 

Hi Thales, when I use the 4 Gb patch.exe and then navagate to the TESV.exe file and select it I then get a message that says "execcuatable successfully patched". There is no place to unselect that I can see. My only choices are "OK" and "another file". I do see a file called TESV back up in there so I am wondering if I delete the .exe file and change the name of the BU file to TESV.exe?
Update, I tried that. I cut the TESV exe filer out (I still have it) and I changed the name of the back up file that seems to have been created when I originally ran the 4Gb patch app but I still get an error message "Failed to start, Error code 5" when I try to start SKYRIM.
What am I missing?

CPU i-7920 DO @3.6 Ghz, PSU Corsair AX1200, GPU's 2 EVGA GTX 580's in SLI Surround, Monitors 3 Ea Samsung 245T's 24" @ 5760 X 1200, Storage, Boot Drive 120 Gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, Program drives, 2 Ea 300 Gb V-Raptors in RAID 0, Storage drive, WD RE3 1 TB, M

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 02:17 

Map for those of us w/ map issues:
http://www.realsg.com/2011/11/guide-skyrim-complete-locations-map.html

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 02:26 

OK, here is an update, with the renamed backup exe file I can start the game by going to the file and executing it and it then runs fine but I can not execute it from my games folder of from the steam folder. Hmmmmm

Post subject: @Bare: Steam version ?
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 02:29 
Editors
Editors

@Bare: Steam version ?

Map for those of us w/ map issues:

Nice. :onethumb

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 02:32 

I'm going to have to correct myself and agree with the guy from X pages ago - the game is basically unplayable without a working map. You're OK at the beginning, since everything is close by, but once you actually need to try to plot a course and navigate the terrain, you're screwed. I mean the game is awesome, so by getting lost I found some awesome stuff, but trying to get to the Grey Beards from Whiterun was impossible without knowing how or where to get around or through the mountains.

And worse, the map maker is completely broken in triple screen.

Helifax, which is your latest fix that has a correct map option?

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 02:33 

@Bare: Steam version ?

[quote]Map for those of us w/ map issues:

Nice. :onethumb

This is a terrible idea! Half the fun is exploring. Knowing where everything is without traveling around kills half the point of the game.

Post subject: I'd like to share my
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 02:42 

I'd like to share my experience in trying to get a crossfire/eyefinity setup working. My system is a PhenomIIx4 @3.8G, w/ 6850x2. Running CCC 11.10+cap4, Radeon Pro, and I have tried hayden's tool for fixing menus. 3x 1920x1080 Dell 2220 led displays.

*Game performance was initially very bad with stock profile. Unplayable bad. I experimented with game options and disabling crossfire. First I disabled crossfire, system was playable but not getting great performance.

*Created a custom profile in RadeonPro, using AA and Crossfire profiles from Oblivion. Now crossfire is working, but I am getting the minute "heartbeat" microstutter (tiny hiccup about every second) I used to get with CCC 11.9 playing witcher 2. Incidentally when I upgraded to CCC 11.10, ms was eliminated in other games, so it is a matter of time til this will (proabably) be fixed, but it is a non-issue at this point compared to other problems.

*Experimented with all graphics settings. I found that I can run the game at ultra at ~61fps(indoors), as long as I do not have shadow detail set to ultra. With this set to ultra, system bogs down and is unplayable. I keep this set to high, and everything else on maximum, and game looks very good w 60fps. If I go to higher detail areas and am not getting 45+, I can always turn down AA/AF, but they are currently maxed.

*According to radeonPro meters, both GPUs are being used at %60 utilization. I dont know if this means I only got 20% scaling, or if because I am testing in the indoor areas at beginning of game, that the framerate is capped at ~60, and thus they dont need greater utilization? Small concern at this point as the game on ultra is in the ballpark of performance I would expect for cf 6850.

*At the beginning of play I have to hit ctrl-alt-del, then "cancel" to bring the framerate back up to expected. It will dip down to 35ish in buildings. I found this tip on youtube. This may be an indication of system processes interfering with gameplay. I briefly experimented disabling all non-MS services and had performance issues. A surgical approach may be required to get around the ctrl-alt-del workaround.

***So at this point, game is playable with crossfire with Ctrl-Alt-Del workaround, and running shadows on at most high. CF scaling is yet to be determined, but game is not that graphically intensive with one 1080 disaplay. Now on to eyefinity...

*My installation of Skyrim does not appear to detect native resolution. I can select "default" settings which will put detail on "high" and (with eyefinity group already enabled at desktop), the game will detect a native resolution of 5:4 (??).

*Start the game with this setting, game is very VERY slow, about .5fps, takes forever to just get through startup splash screen, and then when environment loads, it takes about 1 minute for resources to load before NPC can even talk to me. The resolution appears to be correct at 5760x1080 without stretching. Interestingly, the in-game menus are centered, but the splash screen is stretched (vert-), cutting off some of the menu and graphics.

*Attempted to modify the .ini to set custom resolution, and modified profile to start from TESV, bypassing the config section. This did not have an effect on the resolution of laggggg.

*I had already tried haydens tool prior to any of my eyefinity experiements, but did not get far enough for it to be useful. Game has < 1fps, although fps counter shows it at 35%, and GPUs are showing minimal utilization.

*Could it be that my system is horribly CPU bound in eyefinity? I don't think so. After about five minutes of sitting and waiting, getting my hands unbound (at first save point), I am able to intermittently walk around with a 20-30fps rate, that cannot be maintained. It might be a vram problem? I only have 1G per card.

I am currently stuck. My next step will be to lower detail in eyefinity to see if I am memory staved which is causing effective lock ups. Any help appreciated.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 302  Next