Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 15 Jul 2024, 21:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 18:53 

I had no issues before the LAA program, but I have 16Gb of memory, and I'm sure that it helps now that it's allowed to use more than 2Gb. I messed up at first and directed the LAA program to allow the launcher as well as the game itself to utilize the program, and got error 51's from Steam. I also allowed all games on my system to use it - hope it makes them ALL better.
http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/forums/showthread.php?t=112556
x = www.techpowerup.com

Post subject: I wonder if it would be
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 19:08 

I wonder if it would be possible to simply extend the Menu? Have it on all three screens, but not stretched. This would fix the map and all other issues, I guess.
At least I wouldn't care if the inventory was only on the left screen-

Post subject: wm408 wrote:Hi guys,
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 19:16 

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for all of the hard work. I am trying to get more FPS out of my set up right now, and I have the occasional crash while running w/ the injector application. But, I am pretty happy so far.

Can you guys recommend an FPS tool? Are we all using FRAPS? Any others out there? Thanks.

I have two pieces of advice here:

1. Don't run FRAPS. I think these frame-rate counting programs increase the chance of crashing when used with the widescreen fix. This has significantly reduced my CTDs.

2. Once you have a smooth gameplay experience dialed in, don't obsess over and stare at FRAPS counter. I was getting very frustrated to see that, whether on one screen or three screens, the game only runs at 35-45 FPS in the outdoors much of the time even though I'm running three 580s. As I said before, this is because of a weird CPU "bottleneck" where the FPS increases as you increase CPU speed, but it's very inefficient since it only uses two threads.

Anyway, when I turned FRAPS off because of reason #1, I realized that even 30+ FPS minimum feels smooth and just fine in this game - no hitching and stuttering. This is not a title where you need 60 or 120 FPS like a fast-paced FPS. Just enjoy it!

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 19:23 

problem is that the maximum stage size for a flash file is 2880x2880.

When it has to present it at a higher resolution, it's only option is to stretch. =/

The game right now is basically using a default scale method which does his. However if they simply added one line in their original FLA files

Stage.scaleMode = "showAll"

That would have fixed most of the problems we are having. Still wouldn't address the 3d model issue though that they incorporate with the menu system though.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 19:34 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for all of the hard work. I am trying to get more FPS out of my set up right now, and I have the occasional crash while running w/ the injector application. But, I am pretty happy so far.

Can you guys recommend an FPS tool? Are we all using FRAPS? Any others out there? Thanks.

I have two pieces of advice here:

1. Don't run FRAPS. I think these frame-rate counting programs increase the chance of crashing when used with the widescreen fix. This has significantly reduced my CTDs.

2. Once you have a smooth gameplay experience dialed in, don't obsess over and stare at FRAPS counter. I was getting very frustrated to see that, whether on one screen or three screens, the game only runs at 35-45 FPS in the outdoors much of the time even though I'm running three 580s. As I said before, this is because of a weird CPU "bottleneck" where the FPS increases as you increase CPU speed, but it's very inefficient since it only uses two threads.

Anyway, when I turned FRAPS off because of reason #1, I realized that even 30+ FPS minimum feels smooth and just fine in this game - no hitching and stuttering. This is not a title where you need 60 or 120 FPS like a fast-paced FPS. Just enjoy it!

Very true. These programs also effect games with standard resolutions as well. I've noticed that I would get any where from 15 to a 40% hit to my FPS in some games with FRAPS on, I figured this out because in these games I could turn on there own FPS counter in game.

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 19:34 

so i only have 4:3 monitors, so resolution wise im a full monitors worth of res less than some of you guys with 1920 wides, so im sure that plays a big role here, but i wanted to note that im having 0 slowdowns really. ive been running around open / dungeon, kinda all over.
watching fraps it looks like when im facing a ton of houses and castle walls etc thats my lowest point. my lowest is about 32, but ive seen an occasional 29 but its not enough to cause a major stutter or anything. average running around is 45, and if its mostly open area and sky it runs at 50.

my settings are like this
hit preset ultra then ended up with
AA- 2x
AF- 16x
Advanced:
tex qual- high
radial blur- high
shadow- high
decal quantity- high
fxaa checked
Water:
reflect- all checked
View distance:
everything maxed
distant objects - medium (default was low)

im also getting increased mouse speed in game when using 3x1, it has nothing to do with the fixes, its the res, if i go back to a standard res its back to normal. i have an adjustable mouse so i just turn it down a notch and it works out fine.
it seems like AA and AF can play into mouse lag moreso than usual in 3x1 mode for me. so i usually just don't crank them up. im actually getting a very minor lag, just noticable as is. i think im going to crank it down to 0AA and 8x AF, thats how i was playing origioinally and wasnt getting any lag. stuff still looks awesome anyways :P

on q9550 @ 3.6ghz
and 2x GTX 470s in sli / surround

(still anxously awaiting dls for latest of either fix! :D)

Post subject: I am using this manual
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 20:09 

I am using this manual adjusted 7680x1440, and then I give and Sarte still Skyrim_UW since 2560 and hit Executy injection.

Solution
Native support. You can also set your resolution by editing SkyrimPrefs, i.e for 5040x1050 ( iSize H=1050 iSize W=5040), at C:Users...DocumentsMy GamesSkyrim .

The game runs more than five minutes and then it crashes to Windows, I've already done the following:

1 Nvidia Driver 285.79 installed
2 Realtek HD Audio Driver 2.66
3 VSYN off and on
4 Fraps Uninstalls
5 sounds configured in 24 bit, 44100 Hz (Studio Quality)

My Computer: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4,5GHz / 2xGTX 480 MSI 701MHz, 8GB DDR3 1333MHz, Intel DP67BG B3, Enermax Modu87+ 800W, Windows 7 Pro x64

Nothing has helped it crashes extremely hoft, for each additional tip'm very very grateful

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 20:16 

Gr1zzly Try what i sayd on the previous page, launch the program and navigate to TESV.exe in your skyrim folder under steam.

Here is where i downloaded Large adress Aware : http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112556 there is a zip file on that page.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 20:27 

Backup your TESV file before trying that. It broke mine :)

I have not seen it come anywhere near 2Gb of RAM usage anyways so I don't think it will make a difference.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 20:39 
Editors
Editors

Gr1zzly Try what i sayd on the previous page, launch the program and navigate to TESV.exe in your skyrim folder under steam.

Here is where i downloaded Large adress Aware : http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112556 there is a zip file on that page.

Yes thats it, dont apply LAA to SkyrimLauncher.exe or Steam may not load the game (error code 51).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 302  Next