Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 09:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012, 12:05 

Okay, Thanks. It may require a full update then.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012, 12:09 
Editors
Editors

yes I will look and provide a nice solution with adjustable fov, not a fixed cap one like in the demo:))
So a little patience!

Awesome, thanks helifax ! 8)

Post subject: Looking good in
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012, 16:19 

Looking good in 5760x2160:

But there are other issues sadly.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012, 16:43 
Insiders
Insiders

So I don't see any fov issues here, only menu issues?

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012, 18:24 

Indeed. For me only the menus not displaying texted infos are the issue. Everything else is fine. Map, skills, ability, inventory and so on. The game looks great and the FOV seems perfect. First shot was just after loading a game. The camera is a bit close to the character when you load/reload. After the first couple of steps, you get the second screenshot camera distance from your character.

My video card allows me to play on 2400x1200 (basically 6 times 800x600) while displaying everything on the 6 screens and then I can see the different texted menus correctly. But just look at the different of size (thumbnails are reduced at 10%):

5760x2160
2400x1200

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012, 18:31 
Insiders
Insiders

It may only affect people with a very wide aspect-ratio.

5760x2160 is only 2.66:1

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

Post subject: helifax wrote:mirrikat45
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012, 19:33 

[quote]Helifix, The problem occurring seems to be identical to not running your plugin (Thanks by the way!). The new exe is "Reckoning.exe", so you may be able to rebuild your plugin looking for that instead of "ReckoningDemo.exe" as a temporary solution. I attempted to rename the exe to "ReckoningDemo.exe" but steam has a fit and won't run the program when I do that.

Thanks again!

One more day until game became available in Europe;)) Than, yes I will look and provide a nice solution with adjustable fov, not a fixed cap one like in the demo:))
So a little patience!

I am more than happy to wait. I apologize if I implied I was impatient. Thanks again.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2012, 04:21 

So I don't see any fov issues here, only menu issues?

Hi Helifax,

Still experiencing the same issues as in the demo with fov at screen resolutions of 5760x1080 or 6050x1080,

When view is zoomed in it displays fine, zoom the view out and the screen goes to garbage as before.

(using nvidia 3d surround on a 580gtx system, 3 x Acer hN274 displays)

Have tried several different nvidia drivers to see if that was the issue, issue is present for current driver, as well as all 290+ beta drivers.

Attached files

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2012, 09:44 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]So I don't see any fov issues here, only menu issues?

Hi Helifax,

Still experiencing the same issues as in the demo with fov at screen resolutions of 5760x1080 or 6050x1080,

When view is zoomed in it displays fine, zoom the view out and the screen goes to garbage as before.

Have tried several different nvidia drivers to see if that was the issue, issue is present for current driver, as well as all 290+ beta drivers.

Awesome news!!! (For me and for the community :)) ) Can you please try to see if the menus work? or are displayed like in the above poster? If so that could prove a little more difficult to fix, depending on how the engine works actually.

Here atm is 9:40 am so still 8-9 hours till I get home and start working on the fix;)) but It will come today;)):D

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: helifax wrote:Soth
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2012, 12:23 

[quote][quote]So I don't see any fov issues here, only menu issues?

Hi Helifax,

Awesome news!!! (For me and for the community :)) ) Can you please try to see if the menus work? or are displayed like in the above poster? If so that could prove a little more difficult to fix, depending on how the engine works actually.

Here atm is 9:40 am so still 8-9 hours till I get home and start working on the fix;)) but It will come today;)):D

Best Regards,
Helifax

As per your request, as you can see there are menu issues galore, in the inventory screen the character model is cut off, in the quests screen you can't even see the quest :)

The quests screen is the one that appears blank with a red line in the attached screenshots.

Thanks for your help with this :)

Attached files

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 33  Next