Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 21 Aug 2024, 19:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: wt73I'm getting a steady
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 09:58 
I Donated
I Donated

I'm getting a steady 32-33 FPS with an HD 5870 2Gb stand alone GPU.

Hmm, something interesting going on in that case.

I'm running two GTX 570's in SLI @ 5760x1200 and getting the same amount of. I probably should be getting higher FPS than that shouldn't I?

Post subject: Kayden wrote:Luke Appel
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 10:03 
I Donated
I Donated

[quote]yeah so true.

I would disable SLi but then I can't multi-mon.

Anyone else with NVIDIA cards running SLi having average FPS?

I am running 5760x1080 on 2 EVGA Hydro 580 FTW, I am getting 45 to 60 fps outdoors, and I am running HaYDeN's first fix. I had my FPS goin in the toilet when I made changes to ini file for water detail and etc, what I did to correct this was go into the launcher turn off FXAA go from 8xAA to 2XAA, start the game, go back into the launcher turn everything but the 8xAA on again, and boom it was working in the same FPS range as before. I then went back to try 8xAA low FPS and had to run through the same thing again to get it run at the high FPS mentioned. I am also running the beta drivers from Nvidia and I also have the profile loaded in my NVCP, sometimes the CP will not load a game properly and utilize the special SLI profile setup for it, so if it isn't in your list, I encourage you to add it manually. Just to make sure we cover all bases, add "TESV.exe" if you add the launcher exe it will do nada. I hope this helps any one Nvidia systems.

Umm, Kayden. Could you re-word that again please? Sorry, but I'm having trouble understanding what you wrote grammatically, as I'm trying to see if there's something I can do to boost my FPS - if the game is not properly utilizing my graphics cards.

Post subject: Amon Amarth wrote:I'm
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 10:14 

I'm running two GTX 570's in SLI @ 5760x1200 and getting the same amount of. I probably should be getting higher FPS than that shouldn't I?

How much ram do those 570's have? 1.25gb or 2.5gb?

Afterburner was putting my cards at 1.66gb usage. I'm wondering if you may be pushing it to your limit and maybe causing some kind of issue?

Uldred

Post subject: Amon Amarth wrote:wt73
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 10:16 

[quote]I'm getting a steady 32-33 FPS with an HD 5870 2Gb stand alone GPU.

Hmm, something interesting going on in that case.

I think, for now, AMD drivers might work a bit better. At least i read less issues w/ ATI than Nvidia. And the GPU I am using is no joke. 3lb, 12 inch long, 2Gb, 6mini display port 5870.
http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/ati-radeon-hd-5000/hd-5870-eyefinity-6-edition/Pages/overview.aspx
there are better cards and configurations to be sure, but as long as I see acceptable results with it I will hold off on the $700 HD6990

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 10:26 

i tried almost everything now,
even lowered my native res and tried all kind of offset res, disabling crossfire, but it always start up with three similar logo on three monitors (does not become one single display), my eyefinity not working..
using amd 6970... please help..

the hayden fix does nothing to my system at all, am i doing something wrong?

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 10:48 
Editors
Editors

I Just found a way to get it working

Nice.

I managed to fix the reading book things:)

Great, keep it up m8, awesome ! :onethumb

Books - for those that care..

Unzoomed skill tree - and any other menu items that were messed up..

Still the 3D model's being too large (aka, inventory) remains.

Haha fantastic news ! :onethumb

yeah so true.

I would disable SLi but then I can't multi-mon.

Anyone else with NVIDIA cards running SLi having average FPS?

Game runs smooth as silk here all ulra, but only AA2x in 3D Surround, 3 x GTX 480.

i tried almost everything now,
even lowered my native res and tried all kind of offset res, disabling crossfire, but it always start up with three similar logo on three monitors (does not become one single display), my eyefinity not working..
using amd 6970... please help..

the hayden fix does nothing to my system at all, am i doing something wrong?

Have you tried to delete SkyrimPrefs.ini at C:Users...DocumentsMy GamesSkyrim (make a backup), you may also try a clean reinstall of video drivers.

Post subject: Amon Amarth wrote:Umm,
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 10:53 
Insiders
Insiders

Umm, Kayden. Could you re-word that again please? Sorry, but I'm having trouble understanding what you wrote grammatically, as I'm trying to see if there's something I can do to boost my FPS - if the game is not properly utilizing my graphics cards.

No Problem. Were shooting for 580s to have above 40+ FPS here, results will vary with other hardware. Also not trying to sound like a jerk so please bare with. I am also tired as hell, probably why my grammar sucked in my last post. /c:

If you have made changes to your Skyrimprefs.ini or Skyrim.ini (like I did for water effects and FOV) you may want to try this. After I made these changed my FPS went to the teens, I had to do these steps to get it back up to 45+ FPS average at 5760x1080, try this:
1: Open up Skyrim Launcher
2: Go to Options
2: Changed Anti Aliasing (AA) to 2x
3: Go to Advanced
4: Uncheck FXAA*
5: Click Close > OK > Play
6: If you get FPS improvement, go back to the Options, put the AA back to what you want and re-enable FXAA if you want.

* = If FXAA is all ready unchecked that is fine, this worked for me both on and off. I think the AA setting is the problem here anyways.

The reason you may have to do this is because there have been some reports of the launcher not using the defined settings in those files, especially if you have changed them recently. I know that Dragon Age 2 launcher did something similar when it wouldn't disable DX11 features for DX10 cards causing major fps drop, when changing from ultra to high.

If that wasn't your problem or if that didn't work try this:
1: Go to the Nvidia Control Panel
2: Go to "Manage 3D settings" on the left hand side
3: Go to "Program Settings" on the right hand side
4:Check to see if "Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim" is in the list, *skip to 6 if it has it"
5: Click on ADD go to " Steamsteamappscommonskyrim " and click on "TESV.exe" and then click Open
6: Under "Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration" make sure it says to the right "Use global settings (Multipule display performance mode)", if it isn't select it
7: Click Apply at the bottom

The reason you may need to do this is because sometimes NVCP doesn't automatically pick up games that unique SLI profiles. I've noticed this since I started using SLI with my 8800's on up to my current 580's, and most recently with SWTOR beta (yes the nvidia drivers have a profile for it).

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 10:55 

In terms of Bezel Correction, I know you divide the bezel corrected resolution by 3 but this ends up cutting the menu's up short a little.

Is there a fix for this? I run mine at 2160 x 1080.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 11:44 
Insiders
Insiders

In terms of Bezel Correction, I know you divide the bezel corrected resolution by 3 but this ends up cutting the menu's up short a little.

Is there a fix for this? I run mine at 2160 x 1080.

Can you show me a screenshot? at 2160x1080 I would assume you have 2 monitors, you should device by 2, altho 2160 is too low, so you must be refering to a single monitor res? 2160x3? :)

And if anyone wants to help out - try finding a way to adjust the size of the 3D models in the inventory etc, its positioned with + or - 22.0f and sized with 1.5f

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post subject: Amon Amarth wrote:I'm
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 11:50 

Yes, you should be getting higher FPS. Our cards have only 1.2GB VRAM, there should be a ceiling somewhere- but I'm playing at 6000x1200 on ultra 2xAA 16xAF without issue. Haven't run FRAPS, but the game runs as smooth as Fallout3. I haven't bothered with my overclock on the GPUs, seems to be enough at vanilla... 905MHz is there if needed, but it's not necessary here.

Someone mentioned a CPU bottleneck. I disagree- have you checked your chart recorder for CPU usage? This game is pretty low. [email protected], 12GB RAM... decent, but my system resources have elbow room for days. Remember, this game has to run on consoles that represent midrange PCs from 5 years ago.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 302  Next