Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 10 Sep 2024, 00:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: helifax wrote:Falcon1
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 04:19 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Well, that's good news.

Though... I don't want to goof on your efforts with this. I appreciate it! But, I guess we really need a UI rework once the Mod-Tools are out, to have a "final" solution. Kind of annoying :(

My last hope for a "sooner than later" proper solution is, that Bethesda gets off their lame asses and fixed this. I have good hopes that they are working on the menues, as many gamers complain about it... And I hope they will do a Multi-Mon fix then! I know... I'm a dreamer... But hope is the last thing that dies ;)

Well yeah!! I also hope that!! This game should have had support for Eyefinity/Surround from the 1st time!!! But better late than never!!!!
Oh, and BWT some people offered to donate for the fix... All I can say is :

Thank you I appreciate the thought! But I think if you really want to donate you should donate to the website and forum. I, for one, am not doing this for the donations or other things! I am doing it because I want to play the game as best as possible, I want to learn new things, and I want to help this "niche" community of 3X users (as the market refers to us).

So I thank you for the fact that you thought about donating and that work should not go un-rewarded...but I am, like most of you, "just" a hardcore game that..well likes games:)) (My wife is going to kill me soon :)) )

I hope this put a smile on your face:D
!!!!

Helifax you have put a giant smile on my face, and I thank you...you are a gentleman and a scholar :P So where is your fix? Are we just waiting for you to put it into one tool, as you posted previously? Or have I missed the link? Thank you again, and if you wont accept any offerings I will indeed donate to the web site. cheers.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 04:33 

I recently built a new pc.

I7-2700k @ 5.2ghz
Thermaltake Spin-Q black widow cooler / getting a Evga cooler soon
Evga Z68 FTW K2
16gb corsair xms 3
2- 1tb WD Sata III Blacks Raid 0
2- 2tb WD Sata III Blacks
Evga Gtx 590 classified
Corsair AX1200 PSU
Thermaltake level 10 GT CASE
3- asus 27" LEDS
Mayline Varitask Stealth Desk (bragging rights ) LOL

I must not be thinking right due to stroke a year back.
But I cannot figure out how to get this game to work on my screens 5760x1080
I have read all the posts in this forum on this

I will take a screen shot later.

This is what is happening with Haydens: Menu works - but my 3rd screen looks normal everything else is zoomed and unplayable. I walk to the right when i press forward. The people in it look slanted also .... UGHHH
Helifax; i cannot get anything to work.
Someone please help me out I will try to follow the best i can. Due to my stroke I dont get stuff right away so please have patience..

thanks,
AdDiCtEdZ

Attached files

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 04:57 
I Donated
I Donated

Thank you so much to everyone who has worked on this thread, while proving once again that the community ends up doing the developer's jobs for them.

I've tried out HaYDeN's latest fix, amazing. Everything is centered! Now, the only thing missing is being able to read books, and being able to "inspect" inventory items, and possibly un-stretching the constellations in the skills menu. And that's it! Everything is almost perfect.

Thanks again guys!

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 05:10 

ok pretty sure I got this right, FIrst I go into the INI file and change it for my res (5760x1080) save the ini and leave that. then I start HaYDeN's fix tool. Divide my Res by 3 so (1920) then start the tool.. Then I launch the game from folder which is called TESV.exe . did I miss anything...

I didn't have to modify my .ini files for Hayden's fix. Run as Admin and lower your settings to high or medium if it doesn't work
And for me, changing to setting in Hayden's fix from 1920 to 1963 also worked well. I run 6048x1080 normally and 5760x1080 w/out bezel comp

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 05:14 

have tried both of the fixes (temporary one and skyrimuw) neither one worked for my setup. still get slanted and shadows all messed . did get the menu centered. can someone please help

have been following the forum and have tried everything that has been discussed so far still wont work, am kind of lost and really need help. thanks

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 05:35 

Mine was also slanted, try deleting your SkyrimPrefs.ini and then reopening the launcher and launch the game without changing any options etc. I found that if I changed to "ultra" straight up, the slanting occurred, but if I just let the game do it's default, the game ran normally... from there I was able to go back into the prefs upon the next launch and turn everything in the "advanced" section to max and it worked fine. Give that a go?

With HaYDeN's fix the menus are much better, thanks! The inability to read books is a bit of a letdown, but I'm sure this will be fixed soon. I am also experiencing a few CTDs, when exiting a town and fast travelling etc, probably happens about 1 in 10 times. This had never occurred before I applied the fix, but I was running on one screen then too. Thanks for the fix, keep up the good work!

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 05:41 

hey i gave that a try too and still no luck getting it un slanted its driving me mad lol really want to play the game on surround

thanks for the tip tho but still no luck

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 05:45 

Hayden your fix is great! Played for about 3hrs with it, no crashes. Wish I could read books and the map better but other than that it's really nice! Thanks again!

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 05:45 

Thank you so much to everyone who has worked on this thread, while proving once again that the community ends up doing the developer's jobs for them.

I've tried out HaYDeN's latest fix, amazing. Everything is centered! Now, the only thing missing is being able to read books, and being able to "inspect" inventory items, and possibly un-stretching the constellations in the skills menu. And that's it! Everything is almost perfect.

Thanks again guys!

I had to make an account here to say the same thing. Thank you HaYDeN, your fix is working great except for the books. I'm running 5960x1080 bezel corrected and other than the books everything works perfect. Last night the game was unplayable and I woke up this morning and tried HaYDeN's fix, entered 1986 for the offset and It's worked great all day.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 05:53 
I Donated
I Donated

Just something I've noticed, and sorry if it's been mentioned already: I seem to crash to the desktop very frequently with HaYDeN's fix. Is this normal? Any way to fix it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 302  Next