Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 11:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012, 00:37 
Editors
Editors

Ok,

I managed to write the plug-in for Widescreen Fixer. Thanks alot to dopefish for taking the time to explain me how the tool works and providing the source codes so all of this could happen!!! Big THANKS!!!

Awesome ! Thanks a lot to helifax and dopefish for this ! :twothumb

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012, 01:30 
Insiders
Insiders

Ok,

I managed to write the plug-in for Widescreen Fixer. Thanks alot to dopefish for taking the time to explain me how the tool works and providing the source codes so all of this could happen!!! Big THANKS!!!

What I fixed is only the "Vortex effect". So now the fov is 130 degrees. Since this is a demo I didn't make it adjustable:) If the retail version will have the same problem then I will improve the plug-in.

HOW TO RUN IT:

1. Go to WideScreen Fixer Webpage
2. Download Widescreen Fixer
3. Download the plugin attached here.
4. Put the plugin in the Widescreen Fixer folder.
5. Run the tool, select the game, etc:)
6. Play the game!
7. Enjoy!!!

Let me know how it works;))

Best Regards,
Helifax

OMG! thanks a million helifax I am trying it now... will post in a bit m/

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012, 03:35 
Insiders
Insiders

No luck the fix does not work :( I wonder if I am missing something? Its weird the * seem to not do anything as well if I bind the enable button o say + etc its like the fix is not enabled?

Any thoughts, thanks?

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012, 08:49 
Administrators
Administrators

Just thought I should let you know if its not been mentioned yet, the demo was created by a third party company from an old version of the games source code, the developers have said that they have already fixed a number of bugs that was in the demo before the demo had come out. So its possible the release version won't work the same way.

Read here: http://www.gamezone.com/news/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning-demo-bugs-fixed-in-final-game-claims-dev

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012, 09:45 
Insiders
Insiders

No luck the fix does not work :( I wonder if I am missing something? Its weird the * seem to not do anything as well if I bind the enable button o say + etc its like the fix is not enabled?

Any thoughts, thanks?

Hmm.. Are you using the Steam version of the Demo? Did you configure the plugin and selected Demo - Steam option and press save changes?
It should work... I tested it on my machine and dopefish also tested it. So the only thing that I can think of is that you have a different demo version;))

Let me know how it works out:)

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012, 22:30 

Any thoughts, thanks?

Even with he fix my screens remained black in game but I could see the UI elements (mini map etc).
I lowered the in game graphics settings and that seemed to fix it.

2 x Sapphire 7970 Dual-X OC/Boost

3 x Dell 2412 in 3P 3600x1920 (3880x1920 bezel corrected)

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2012, 00:40 

Even with he fix my screens remained black in game but I could see the UI elements (mini map etc).
I lowered the in game graphics settings and that seemed to fix it.

Apparently the Post-processing option is knackered in the demo, and doesn't work for anyone.

Thanks for the mod helifax, it worked a treat for me :D Until the game locked up right before I reached the 45 minutes, that is, doh! The demo definitely has some weird issues that will hopefully be resolved in the final release.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012, 02:33 
Insiders
Insiders

Still doesn't work, no worries though, I love the game and have pre ordered it as long as the retail full game works in multi screen is all I care about.I have Origin and Steam ver, I tried uninstalling both then only Steam version and it still didn't work, maybe the Origin version set some weird reg entry or who knows what.

Its all goo I will wait for the retail version I hope it supports multi or we all we need you skillz :) for I have to play retail in multi. Thanks for all your help and work.

Post subject: Info added to the DR.
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012, 11:54 
Editors
Editors

Info added to the DR. Screenies are outdated though as I didn't test the plugin myself yet, so feel free to edit folks.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2012, 18:37 
Insiders
Insiders

Hey helifax just wanted to say I got your fix to work, I uninstalled the game nuked everything else restarted comp, then re downloaded and installed the game and then your mod worked like a charm.

Getting pumped for full release, thanks again for your work on this m/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33  Next