Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Oct 2024, 14:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2008, 16:37 
Editors
Editors

Thank you ... 8)
I have updated the settings screenshot above ... :)

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2008, 16:46 

Thank you ... 8)
I have updated the settings screenshot above ... :)

Mate I don't know if with your res. it is the same!

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2008, 17:10 
Editors
Editors

Whilst I hadn't noticed it in-game I double checked ... you are correct all be it mine didn't look quite as bad as yours ...
Your setting works better for 1920x1200 too.

Thanks for the heads up ... 8)

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2008, 05:22 

Well Racer_S's hack worked very briefly for me to get rid of the pixelization.

I started the game and enabled the tool, and the screen shifted by a couple pixels, but the pixelization problem was still there.

I then exited and restarted the game and this time the problem was gone! However, the next time I went back to the animus, the display was missing, so I disabled the hack and the pixlization came back and didn't go away when I re-enabled it.

So far I haven't been able to duplicate this again, all subsequent attempts had the pixelization. In general the behavior of the hack seems rather erratic; disabling/reenabling the hack shifts the screen around in odd ways and seems to do something a little different each time.

Racer_S's hacks work by modifying values in memory, correct? Well I have the Steam version of the game, so perhaps the addresses when running are a bit different than the retail version hence the erratic behavior because it's not modifying the right addresses all the time?

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2008, 14:32 

Hi guys... I just registered to make this post. First of all thanks to Racer_S and Paddy the Wak !!!! :D
I did not buy a Samsung SyncMaster 226BW 22" to have black bars on my screen when game developers quit developing before the game ported perfect. So having those black bars was a pain in the ass. Lets hope is being fixed in the first pach. I mean if a tool/hack can fix it so can they.

However acFOV2.exe is not perfect either.
When I downloaded the rar I extracted the exe in the same map as Assassin's Creed. I opened the file and I used the following configuration.

When I started Assassin's Creed nothing happened. I still had the black bars.
When I was playing the game and in the 3D modus pressing the * button did not do anything. So I restarted both AC and acFOV2 acouple of times and suddenly it did work. But only in the vertical way. When activating by pressing * in game I could use + and - to change the vertical FOV. I still had black bars. So then I started to change the acFOV2 settings and I tried this.

Then I opened the game ... fooled around changed the resolution to something else and back and then when I restarted AC --> BOOM
It instantly restarted WITHOUT the black bars. Also everything was perfect 16:10. The menu ... the animus and in also in game there where no black bars.

But today when I restarted AC the black bars where there again.

But now I found a permanent solution.

1) You start acFOV2.exe and you use these settings

2) Before you start Assassin's Creed you press * to activate the program
3) You start Assassin's Creed and you have perfect 16:10
It even fixed ALL of my pixelization problems.

Of course I don't know why acFOV2.exe behaves like this. I am not a programmer just a gamer. Also I don't know why "Right" and "Bottom" don't work for me but "Left" and "Top" does. Maybe I misunderstood the settings in the first place. Anyway on my system it works now and it works every time! Thank you guys so much and lets hope there will be a patch very very soon.

System =
Win XP X64
8800 GTX with GeForce Release 174 beta drivers

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2008, 14:53 
Editors
Editors

@ Stevedroid
Sorry the tool is behaving this way for you ... as you say it could be your Steam version ... the tool certainly doesn't behave erratically for me.
It was never designed to remove the pixelization some are experiencing ... it is just a bonus that some found it helped.

@ odraciRRicardo
Hello ... welcome to the forum ... :D
I hear what you are saying ... Racer_S should see this and you never know he might take a look at what you are suggesting but he is a busy guy so don't count on it.

@ <>
Hello ... welcome to the forum ... :D
Interesting that it behaves this way for you ... I wonder if it is because you are using Win XP X64 ?
Whatever ... I am glad you found a solution using the tool ... and it may help others.

8)

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2008, 14:57 

<> wrote: So having those black bars was a pain in the ass. Lets hope is being fixed in the first pach. I mean if a tool/hack can fix it so can they.

I really don't think they look at it as a problem to be fixed, it ran in a firm 16:9 ratio on consoles as well... it seems to be the way they want you to play the game.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2008, 15:39 

Well if enough people report this as a bug or something unwanted why would they not change it? After all if it can be fixed with a hack that overwrites some memory they could easily make a patch for it.
But do they really want it? Also for proper closing of the game you need to press 11 buttons!
Come on ... we are pc gamers... so they should treat us like that and not like console gamers who just have to live with the fact that they cannot customize there games or hardware at the same level.

@ Paddy the Wak
What is the difference between Left/Top and Right/Bottom ?
Was it intended to only use Right/Bottom?

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2008, 16:03 
Editors
Editors

<> wrote: @ Paddy the Wak
What is the difference between Left/Top and Right/Bottom ?
Was it intended to only use Right/Bottom?
It is just meant to be your screen size ... so Top and Left should be 0 as in you want the black bars to be at 0 and Right is your X resolution and Bottom is your Y resolution such that the bars are in those positions thus not showing.
It is odd that it is working the other way around for you ... :?

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2008, 17:07 

For 1440*900, .6249 works perfectly, corrects the dof bug posted before.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next