Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 13:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: SWAT 4
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2005, 14:29 

Thanks P ...
I have seen 360 in quite a few games but changing the FOV in the ... [Editor.EditorEngine] ... as indicated in this so called "Solution" (above) doesn't change the FOV.
I would just like a before and after screen shot so that NoName20 can prove me wrong ... :?

In the screenshots section here ... http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/ ... the FOV hasn't changed ... the top and bottom of the screen has been chopped off ... the view width has not changed.

Also here by ... CaptainValor ... regarding the FOV he says he figured it out ... http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/5676 ... and again the FOV change doesn't work as he indicates.

Why do people do this ? ... :roll: ... They must see it isn't working and when others try it for themselves they will soon find out it don't work.

I guess I would just like people to prove there so called "Solutions" with a couple of screenshots ... before and after ... that way there is no doubt.

sry for my late response

for me everything worked fine! my swat 4 was running in widescreen

i also tryed the fisheye optic and i'm sure that it worked for me!
but it has been a while and i dont have the laptop anymore so i cant test it again nor make screenshots... i'm sry about that but i'm sure it worked for fine me!

is it possible that there is more then one setting for changing the fov?
perhaps you have to change all the fov entry to make it work?!

for the res. there are 4 or 5 entrys in the .ini but only 1 is really changing your res in the game... could it be the same thing with the fov???

but i remember a problem that i had...
i changed the fov and res again for testing purposes. and then later i tryed to restore my settings (1280x800 fov 100)

and this failed i tryed to set another res but nothing that i edited in the .ini worked anyone for me i had to reinstall the game to make it working again! perhaps its a kind of safety mechanism that igores the ini if wrong settings are made i dont know... :?: perpaps this is the anwer why your .ini don't do anything...

but do me a favor don't call my solution a "so called solution"
thats not very nice from you.

i only want to help and i think it worked for some people here (see the posts)

thank you

ps: i will buy this week a new notebook (amilo m 3438)
and when i can get swat in my hands i check it out for you if the fov tweak is really working! and i will made some screenshots too :D

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2005, 17:46 
Editors
Editors

Hello NoName20 ...
do me a favor don't call my solution a "so called solution"
thats not very nice from you.

After 4 months you finally reply ... still without any proof that the FOV works and you are upset that I called your "Solution" a "so called Solution"..... :?
What else is it if you can't prove it ?

When you say ...
and i think it worked for some people here (see the posts)
I see no posts where anyone else has the FOV working ... or in the other so called "Solution" Swat 4 thread ... :?

... and i will made some screenshots too :D "
I look forward to those ... :wink: ... I just hope it isn't gonna take you another 4 months ... :roll:

PostPosted: 24 May 2006, 00:22 

I'm trying to get the Swat 4 Demo to run on my NEC LCD20WGX2. I've tried two different demo packages with exactly the same result.

Each time I crank it up from 1280x1024 to 1680x1050, I get a large white item list scroll bar, 4 inches deep, immediately to the left and below the central crosshair. Drop it down again to 1280, and it disappears. (Grr!)

I've tried all 3 suggestions from the WSGF forums & MGL - editing the Swat4SPDemo.ini, typing 'setres 1680x1050x32' in the console, but nothing makes a difference. The game will run at 1680x1050 - except for the white scrollbar.

(Switching from Graphic to Classic mode doesn't help either, btw).

I can't consider buying the game until I know this bug won't be present in the retail version, or it can't be fixed. I guess I could try downloading the 950MB trial, but it's a fair whack of a download just to get the same result.

Does anyone have any ideas, or is it a forlorn hope?

PostPosted: 24 May 2006, 04:13 

I "solved" the VERT- problem with Splinter Cell (unreal-based game) a while ago. Have a look in here --> [url]http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/]. Hope this helps.

I don't have SWAT4, so I can't test this possible solution, and the demo can be very different from full patched retail version.

Good luck

PostPosted: 24 May 2006, 11:40 

I tried changing

FovAngleDegrees=90.000000

to

FovAngleDegrees=117.000000

in the Default.ini and Swat4SPDemo.ini files, but it just locked up on the black and white SWAT4 logo while loading.

I'll try just changing the value in the Swat4SPDemo file later, maybe setting it to 1280x1024 and changing it up to 1680x1050 with the setres command. I'll try searching to see if there's a similar "setfov" command or something.

I've also had a look at the vugames SWAT forum, but can't see anything that stands out. Maybe if I post a message there as well one of the developers/moderators might be able to help.