Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 17 Sep 2024, 20:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: HMM not good, I quickly
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 19:21 

HMM not good, I quickly disabled updates for skyrim in steam. Hopefully it won't be to hard to fix

Post subject: Cinnabuns wrote:kilmoor
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 19:24 

[quote]nvidia driver 290.36 beta - broke the game for me. I'm using Hayden's 0.3 patch (like it the best), but it is unlikely the patch has anything to do with it. Also using 4GB, this combo has been working great all week. Updated to the new driver beta today, now the game crawls down to 5 fps and the resolution is all wrong- 6000x1200, works fine with the 285.79 driver, but it's all stretched and jaggied now. Verified skyrimprefs.ini, also tried manually setting resolution in the 0.3 patch launcher, both results the same. Using 2x 570's.

Anyone else have results like this with the new nvidia driver?

Did you run driver cleaner after uninstalling your old drivers? I'm running the new beta drivers on 2x gtx570s with no issues at all that I've seen in 4 hrs of game play so far.

This is with the 4GB fix and 0.4A of HaYDeN's fix.
Driver sweeper is standard operating procedure for at least as long as Fermi has been out. My issue was immediate, so anyone else who may have encountered it would know right away. Glad to know it is working for someone, though. I'm kinda scratching my head over what could cause the conflict, since I tend to only apply one change at a time. I'm methodical like that, but the problem came and went with the 290 beta, so whatever isn't playing nice with it was alright with the 285.79 version. Tried settings for the game profile at default, AO on and off, and all iterations with 4gb.exe added to the profile with nvinspector. No changes to the .ini files on either end, so the problem simply went away after removing the new driver. Thanks for the input, I check this thread daily and keep my finger on the pulse.

***update***update***update***
v1.2 does break the game but there is a workaround. Launch Skyrim through steam, exit. Then launch the 4gb loader, alt-tab out and run Hayden's fix. The save game and main menu are still stretched, but once your save is loaded, all is well again- maps, hud, the whole bit. I'm using 0.3, but it probably makes no difference. I bet Bethesda is scanning for the running process on launch and exiting if detected, but the code can still be injected after Skyrim loads. YMMV, FWIW.

Edit again-

Well, the game is playable at least... we're just a lot closer to square one. Map works, menus are stretched. Got a little excited there and spoke up before I checked it out thoroughly. You can launch with the 4gb fix and play the game, but if you want to see your stats... back to a single screen. Time to get some WSGF powah up in dis hizzy!

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 20:22 

Had to register just to say this: FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I literally had *one* day of eyefinity skyrim goodness. Started up skyrim only to get a ctd, and alas, realized it was patch day :(

Also, I have to say, I am seriously grateful for all the hard work you guys put into making this game playable. It really is pathetic that a major development company cannot muster the effort test their games in an eyefinity (and crossfire/sli for that matter) setup at least *once*. It would literally take 30 seconds to realize that something is wrong with their menu system.

/rant

anyways, on a side note, my characters head strobes when playing in eyefinity. anyone else get that? Its not a huge deal, since I usually play in 1st person, but would like to look at my character at least some of the time...

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 21:00 

Had to register just to say this: FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I literally had *one* day of eyefinity skyrim goodness. Started up skyrim only to get a ctd, and alas, realized it was patch day :(

Also, I have to say, I am seriously grateful for all the hard work you guys put into making this game playable. It really is pathetic that a major development company cannot muster the effort test their games in an eyefinity (and crossfire/sli for that matter) setup at least *once*. It would literally take 30 seconds to realize that something is wrong with their menu system.

/rant

anyways, on a side note, my characters head strobes when playing in eyefinity. anyone else get that? Its not a huge deal, since I usually play in 1st person, but would like to look at my character at least some of the time...

same.. i got the game free qith my corsair headphones... used haydens fix.. but now the patch makes haydens fix not work :(
any chance of an update hayden :D refuse to play the game with menus broken...

Post subject: Patch Breaks
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 21:11 

After the new patch the 4gb patch is still working but HaYDeN's patch doesn't work. Injecting before launch causes a CTD and with injecting after an alt+tab doesn't fix the menus and such. Everything was working perfect pre-patch with the v290 beta drivers and Performance AO enabled in the nvidia control panel.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 21:21 

After the new patch the 4gb patch is still working but HaYDeN's patch doesn't work. Injecting before launch causes a CTD and with injecting after an alt+tab doesn't fix the menus and such. Everything was working perfect pre-patch with the v290 beta drivers and Performance AO enabled in the nvidia control panel.

yeh i get the CTD...

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 21:24 
Insiders
Insiders

Ok..so the smart BathesdASS patched the game to version 1.2 and broken the Eyefinity Fix? I just managed to put my new GTX590 in the rig (old one burned..:( ) so I am not aware of this...
Anyone tried my solution? with the Cheat Engine Table? to see if is working or is it broken like Hayden's fix?

Hmm apparently 1.2 Patch broke more than it fixed:)).....

Edit: It seems my CT tables are also broken:) So don't bother to try:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 21:38 
Administrators
Administrators

Wow, i can't believe they just keep breaking this.

I am going to try turning off updates to the game. I am happy with it using Hayden's fix and the 4GB patch, don't care if it never gets patched from here.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 21:45 

I had my steam update turned off, and somehow after playing for a couple hours, i exited the game to check something and it turned on, before i realized wot was happening 1.2 is patched. Now 4A, 4B, 3.. CTD.

im SO pissed right now.

Post subject: bej wrote:I had my steam
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 21:46 
Insiders
Insiders

I had my steam update turned off, and somehow after playing for a couple hours, i exited the game to check something and it turned on, before i realized wot was happening 1.2 is patched. Now 4A, 4B, 3.. CTD.

im SO pissed right now.

I know!!! the only problem is how to revert to the previous version?:)))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145 ... 302  Next