Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 14:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 21:22 
Editors
Editors

Seems leaving the Hayden fix on auto detect fixed it. When I saw the wrong resolution greyed out I figured I needed to enter the proper resolution manually.

However seems to work with auto detect without any problem.

Now I just need more hardware power, a single 5870 cant run 5940x1200 on High without bad frame rates. Ill try medium later on and see if its a good balance.

If not I think I will just not play for now till I can get a good hardware upgrade, id rather play the game on 3 screens vs once since its such a big point of Skyrim is to take the time to immerse yourself into the game.

If I saw any bugs so far it would be the skill tree selection thing where your looking at the stars, where you click does not correspond to what you see.

Post subject: I just want thank both
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 22:08 

I just want thank both Helifax and Hayden for the awesome work you guys have done in getting this game to run in multi-monitor. My Skyrim experience has been much more enjoyable thanks to both of you. I have been playing with v2 of Helifax's fix since he released it. Haven't had any major issues just some minor annoyances on occasion like having to toggle a key a couple of times, but it works and makes the game very playable.

I just tried Hayden's latest fix. It is near perfect as far as layout of the UI. I have encountered some issues, strange but rather funny ones at that. The first bug I encountered was when I was enchanting a weapon and exited out of the enchanting screen I found I was stuck in place. I couldn't interact with anything or move other than change direction. I could cast spells though. I used the coc console command to teleport outside of Whiterun and discovered NPCs and the dragon flying overhead had no animation. The dragon was flying shooting fire, but animations for movement were not working.

After restarting everything, I loaded up another game zoned into Whiterun and found the guards there speedwalking. The other npcs were fine. It was just the guards.

I have had the game crash on me a couple times in the past, but that's the first time I have ever seen the game do anything like this before. So far, that's the only issues I have noticed myself.

Post subject: ViciousXUSMC wrote:Seems
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 22:09 

Seems leaving the Hayden fix on auto detect fixed it. When I saw the wrong resolution greyed out I figured I needed to enter the proper resolution manually.

However seems to work with auto detect without any problem.

Now I just need more hardware power, a single 5870 cant run 5940x1200 on High without bad frame rates. Ill try medium later on and see if its a good balance.

If not I think I will just not play for now till I can get a good hardware upgrade, id rather play the game on 3 screens vs once since its such a big point of Skyrim is to take the time to immerse yourself into the game.

If I saw any bugs so far it would be the skill tree selection thing where your looking at the stars, where you click does not correspond to what you see.

Start by put everything on High, turn off anti-aliasing, put antiscopic-filtering to x16. Turn shadows to medium or high. In advanced menu, put everything as high as it will go and turn on FXAA. This will look really good and give 30+ fps.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 22:24 

Having used Hayden's fix for bit I am so very very impressed. Hardly any issue at all save one. When lock picking everything scales correctly and works fine. But the lockpick image itself is for some reason much darker than before. Not a problem dose not get in the way of playing the game. Just seems a tab odd. Has anyone eles had this ?

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 22:42 

This thread pisses me off. I'm frantically looking for either HaYDeN of Helifax's fix, but I just can't find where to download it. The topic start doesn't say ANYTHING about it, and all i read is "Thanks hayden/helifax for the great awesome fix you made". Even google comes up with squat if I google "Helifax skyrim fix".

On top of that, the search function of this board is utter crap - if I would have had the possibility to seek for a users post history, there would be no problem - but no, you can only see in which topics a specific user contributed. The search funciton only gives topics, and I have to work through 100 pages of posts.

Just my two cents, I've never had a forum/site's software piss me off this much.

Post subject: Boxman wrote:This thread
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 22:47 

This thread pisses me off. I'm frantically looking for either HaYDeN of Helifax's fix, but I just can't find where to download it. The topic start doesn't say ANYTHING about it, and all i read is "Thanks hayden/helifax for the great awesome fix you made". Even google comes up with squat if I google "Helifax skyrim fix".

On top of that, the search function of this board is utter crap - if I would have had the possibility to seek for a users post history, there would be no problem - but no, you can only see in which topics a specific user contributed. The search funciton only gives topics, and I have to work through 100 pages of posts.

Just my two cents, I've never had a forum/site's software piss me off this much.

Relax, count to 10.... now go to the top bar on these forums and click Games. Then in the "Contains" text box put "Skyrim" and hit Apply.

Cheers!

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 22:48 

Oh stop your belly aching and have a look here. That should help.

http://widescreengamingforum.com/dr/elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/en

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 22:50 
Editors
Editors

Welcome to WSGF, please check the game's Detailed Report, you can also click on "Games" on site's top menu and search for any game, we have hundreds of game's reports in our archives, including specific widescreen and multi-monitor solutions, WSGF is much more than just the forum.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 22:52 

Looks like the fixes are in the wiki: http://widescreengamingforum.com/dr/elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/en

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 22:52 
Insiders
Insiders

I've been playing on a single screen 1920x1200 through the first part of the game, character creation, first town, etc. just reading this thread and keeping up with the progress towards a widescreen fix and I just want
to say thank you personally to Hayden and Helifax for all of the hours you guys have put in on this.

I'm currently running Haydens fix 5916x1200 bezel compensated on 2x 570gtx's, 50+fps, everything on Ultra with AA at 4x, FXAA on, 16x AF, only change to the .ini was res and fshadowdistance (2000) and just wow... wow guys, thank you, thank you, thank you!

You have taken a great game and great experience and made it a truly exceptional, immersive, experience.

I payed Bethesda $60 for a widescreen broken POS and you guys have delivered the game as promised. The least any of us can do is tip you a few coin for your efforts.

What many don't realize is that $5 bucks a piece adds up quickly when there are a lot of us.

We have 1000's of dollars in games and hardware and we'll not neglect those of you that help us to enjoy the fruits of our labor.

Thank you guys!

::Donated::

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 302  Next