Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Sep 2024, 21:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2012, 15:51 
Insiders
Insiders

Awesome news!!!

Managed to fix the Y coordinates!!!! for the mouse! they now work as intended (90% flawless) Still have the X coordinates to align!!!
After 4 days and allot of measuring and math:)) I manged to find out how to fix them:)) Basically I calculate where the new position should be and inject it into the game every time the mouse moves:)

Thank you very much for the feedback! For the galaxy map and the hud centered on the screen that is something we will have to live with! :)) The galaxy map can be used if we disable the fix prior of going to galaxy map.:)

I am not trying to create the perfect fix! (That should have be done by the companies in the 1st place!!) I just want to provide a way so that everyone can play the game in Eyefinity.

Editor remark: this is by far the worst game engine that I tried to fix

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2012, 17:17 
Insiders
Insiders

That is some nice work. If you want me to test anything, let me know. Thanks for putting in so much time. You are absolutely right, the developers should have done a better job.

Philips BDM4065UC(3840x2160) Acer Z35(2560x1080@200hz); 980 Ti Hybrid @stock ; 6700K 4.6ghz (1.35v)/D15; 16GB 3200mhz; Asus Maximus Ranger VIII; AX860; 1TB 960 EVO; 750GB 840 EVO; Teufel Concept D 500; Sennheiser HD6XX; Windows 10 (latest build)

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2012, 20:51 
Editors
Editors

That is some nice work. If you want me to test anything, let me know. Thanks for putting in so much time. You are absolutely right, the developers should have done a better job.

Sadly, that's the world we live in.

Glad we have people of our own creating fixes to account for lazy developers.

Awesome news, Helifax, I couldn't even try to play this game with a controller, please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2012, 21:12 
Insiders
Insiders

I will release a build of the plugin!

Fixed

- Fov is now calculated based on the original FOV. In the future I will add a new method for calculating the FOV (BIG thanks Dopefish)!!
- Menus are now fully displayed
- Mouse is now functional. I tried to align the mouse coordinates with the menus as best as I could, but the math functions are not linear , rather a vortex effect thing.
- Conversation wheel works.

Things out of place

- Ingame hud is moved to the middle. This is the side effect of rescaling the menus and everything else. For the moment they will remain like this. Maybe in the future will try to move them around the borders.
- The mouse doesnt perfectly align with the buttons. But if you move the mouse around the button you will find it;)) This is because of the new coords estimation method.
- Space map has markers flying around like in Skyrim map. To navigate, disable the fix, navigate enable the fix when you want to enter a planet. Sadly I cant do anything here.
- For the RETICLE... Switch to the Sniper and ZOOM or to the rocket/grenade launcher for the Reticle to re-align properly!!1

Like before use this plugin with WSF.

Please let me know what you think and how it works for you!!!

Use fullscreen for the game and now Window Mode. Tested on 5230 x 1050, but It should work for other resolutions also ;))

Attached files Plugin.Mass Effect 2.rar (28.6 KB)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2012, 04:19 

Awesome Job man, is this fix implemented for ME1 or is it just ME2 right now?

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2012, 07:58 
Editors
Editors

Just ME2 for now, unless he changed that in this release, but I imagine he would have mentioned that.

This is awesome, Helifax, keep up the great work!

Changed the screenshot to a link, so as to avoid stretching the page horribly.

Screenshot!

This is absolutely fucking amazing, I had given up hope of ever playing this game in Eyefinity. Do you have a Paypal email I can donate to? I'll see if I can scrounge up some cash.

Post subject: thelolotov wrote:This is
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2012, 09:28 
Insiders
Insiders

This is absolutely fucking amazing, I had given up hope of ever playing this game in Eyefinity. Do you have a Paypal email I can donate to? I'll see if I can scrounge up some cash.

The e-mailadress is in his sig. And I have to agree with you that this rocks big time!!!

Philips BDM4065UC(3840x2160) Acer Z35(2560x1080@200hz); 980 Ti Hybrid @stock ; 6700K 4.6ghz (1.35v)/D15; 16GB 3200mhz; Asus Maximus Ranger VIII; AX860; 1TB 960 EVO; 750GB 840 EVO; Teufel Concept D 500; Sennheiser HD6XX; Windows 10 (latest build)

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2012, 10:09 
Insiders
Insiders

At the moment is only for Me2! I will look into Me1 too in the future;)) and try to do the same there as the engines are both the same. But 1st I still need a few tweaks to this one;))

I am glad that you all like it;)) I ended up last night playing Me2 for 3hours in Surround:)))

Best Regards,
helifax

Post subject: helifax wrote:Tailgunner
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2012, 11:16 
Editors
Editors

[quote]Awesome Job man, is this fix implemented for ME1 or is it just ME2 right now?

At the moment is only for Me2! I will look into Me1 too in the future;)) and try to do the same there as the engines are both the same. But 1st I still need a few tweaks to this one;))

I am glad that you all like it;)) I ended up last night playing Me2 for 3hours in Surround:)))

Best Regards,
helifax

I think I'll be replaying this game in surround myself tomorrow, the second I get home from school.

I'll have to make sure I send a little cash your way the second I have some to spare.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2012, 19:56 
Insiders
Insiders

Please report any problems with the fix except for :

- Character bodies of companion sometimes disappear. (This is the engines doing because of the increased FOV)
- Galaxy map markers are moving around like in Skyrim. - This is because I rescale the whole UI. Looking into a fix for this.

I will also look into creating a fix for ME1 based on the same approach used here;))

Best Regards,
Helifax

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next