Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Oct 2024, 10:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2012, 20:05 
Insiders
Insiders

The game is vert- by default, like most Unreal Engine 3 games. Hayden's Flawless Widescreen significantly improves it.

I REALLY like the fact that you can disable the entire HUD, piece by piece, from the options menu. I prefer a minimal HUD anyway and the options to disable it keep me from being too irked by the HUD elements not being centered.

I've got two issues remaining with the current Flawless Widescreen implementation. The black bars spanning the center and right screen during cutscenes are annoying. It would be great if they could be disabled completely or span the left monitor in addition to the other two. I've also got an issue with the screen flashing red when taking damage. It seems like the effect should fill the entire screen, but in triple-wide with Flawless Widescreen it's showing a small red box on the center screen when I take damage.

Here's a screenshot:

Attached files

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2012, 21:38 
Insiders
Insiders

Has anybody poked around in the ini files? They're much more comprehensive than your average Unreal 3 engine game. I've only had a chance to give them a cursory glance so far, but I'm really hoping to find a parameter to disable the blood splatter/red screen flash when injured. It's annoyingly broken enough in triple-wide to have made me put Dishonored aside for now.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2012, 22:33 
Insiders
Insiders

Has anybody poked around in the ini files? They're much more comprehensive than your average Unreal 3 engine game. I've only had a chance to give them a cursory glance so far, but I'm really hoping to find a parameter to disable the blood splatter/red screen flash when injured. It's annoyingly broken enough in triple-wide to have made me put Dishonored aside for now.

Wow..now that you mention it I can also see it...but from my point of view it actually makes sense to be like this;)) the red splat thing:)) The hud is the most annoying one:)...

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2012, 23:16 
Insiders
Insiders

The actual splatter on the center screen at the top and bottom isn't too terribly annoying for me. But the weird red rectangle in the very center of the middle monitor is driving me nuts. I think it only appears near death, whereas the splatter at the top and bottom happens after a hit or two. I've dug around the ini files and not found any parameter that would affect it. But, there are a metric TON of adjustable variables. I haven't messed with them yet, but if they're functional it looks like you can even adjust how sensitive NPCs are to their surroundings, what type of damage is caused by different weapons, whether certain animations/actions you're engaged in prevent damage to your character and a full boatload of other options. It's fantastic that Arkane left all this stuff open to editing and included so many in-game adjustments, but disappointing that they didn't give as much attention to Eyefinity and NV Surround.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2012, 16:52 

Has anyone found where or how to edit or hack the HUD to become centered? I'd like to tweak around and see if its possible

if anyone knows please let me know!

thanks!

:)

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2012, 18:43 
Insiders
Insiders

Has anyone found where or how to edit or hack the HUD to become centered? I'd like to tweak around and see if its possible

if anyone knows please let me know!

thanks!

:)

short answer: yeap!
Long answer: Yes, but it also centers some other things....like the overlay of the enhanced stealth mode...... you get a center overlay box like the red one when you are close to death, whenever you are in stealth mode.

Ofc this was done from asm.

No, Its not in a plugin yet... had a very busy week and didn;t had the time but I will make a plugin for WSF for it;))

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: bump for updates?
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 10:39 
Insiders
Insiders

oops, sorry, page didn't refresh.

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2012, 18:25 

im getting a really annoying flickering on my center and middle monitors at the bottom of the screen. it only seems to do it when i crouch.

Vertical sync fixes it, by my frames go to shit when I have it turned on. Any simple fix for this? Im playing in eyefinity.

Post subject: Just a guess here...
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2012, 10:18 
Insiders
Insiders

Just a guess here... but...

I have vertical sync on or off and do not experience such flickering running on Nvidia which would indicate to me that the issue is not inherent in the game or WSFix so...

Try a different ATI driver either more updated if there is one or subsequent to your currently installed driver version, or possibly mess with current driver settings aka.- Anisotropic Filtering, Anti-Aliasing, Negative LOD bias, double/Triple buffering, etc. Change settings by incrementing or reducing 1 step and run the game after each subsequent change to see if the behavior is corrected.

This seems like driver behavior.

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium