Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 14:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Diablo 2 Wide
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2005, 20:16 
Editors
Editors

I've got a 20FPW so I'll make sure to adjust it and sort it out.

cheers for the help guys.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2005, 20:18 
Editors
Editors

Talking about Diablo 2 has made me want to go play it again... :D

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2005, 10:14 
Editors
Editors

I know I go through cycles of wanting to play as well. IT's a great alround game that I keep getting sucked into.

I used to play online (56K ouch!) and then some dude kill my level 95 Hardcore Assasin due to lag, I quit a swore I'd never play it again.

I've played it thrice since.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2005, 19:41 

no, i am not ur opinion......
When they released the game in 2000, the resolution of 640+480 was not state of the art! It was just old fashioned! I can remember that many people critisised the low resolution - and with the expansion Blizzard descided to rise it to 800*600 - wow.

It isn't my opinion, it is a paraphrase of a Blizzard statement.

Oh, by the way, just where did I claim Diablo II was state of the art when it was released? If you are going to argue with me at least argue with what I've actually said. ;-)

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2005, 05:12 

let's not argue, and could people post results when they get it tinkered nicely? I am going to have a 2005fpw by the end of the week and currently looking for the install discs...
thanks

PostPosted: 05 May 2006, 19:25 

I just wanted to chime in that on USEast, I came across some discussions about a hack that enables higher resolution modes for Diablo2, which for obvious reasons Blizzard is against since you get to see more screen area when enabled. PvP'ers are of course loving the fact that at 1600x1200, they are getting to see huge portions of the map, making teleporting operate even quicker. (Basically, in three clicks you're on the other side of the map)

I haven't come across this addon yet, but I thought you'd be interested in knowing that a workaround had been developed and is floating around. If you come across it, plz share. :)

PostPosted: 08 May 2006, 08:33 
Editors
Editors

I just wanted to chime in that on USEast, I came across some discussions about a hack that enables higher resolution modes for Diablo2, which for obvious reasons Blizzard is against since you get to see more screen area when enabled. PvP'ers are of course loving the fact that at 1600x1200, they are getting to see huge portions of the map, making teleporting operate even quicker. (Basically, in three clicks you're on the other side of the map)

I haven't come across this addon yet, but I thought you'd be interested in knowing that a workaround had been developed and is floating around. If you come across it, plz share. :)

Yeah it would be sweet.

I'm really into it at the moment, I've got three charaters going at the moment.