Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 12:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2006, 10:32 

Since we're all falling over Paddy to help him, it's worth mentioning that although ZH creates it's own installation, you *must* still have the original Generals installed - otherwise ZH doesn't load. Once you've played Zero Hour, you'll never go back to the original Generals. ZH is so much more diverse and interesting (and hence fun!)

I just hope everyone understands that when you unpack the gamedata.ini you DO NOT have to re-insert it into "INIZH.BIG". You can if you want to be super-leet, but it's easier to edit when left in the INI folder.

KOJiN... we do have a working solution. I think we've done a pretty good job too. ;) *pat ourselves on the back*

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2006, 11:23 
Editors
Editors

... thanks guys ... 8)

I have updated the "Solution" it is here ... Solution: Command & Conquer: Generals & ZH [Edit]

Please let me know if it isn't quite right ... 8)
Any thoughts on a better way to title the "Solution" I could't fit it all in ... ?

Also ... neoWidescreen could you do us a screenshot a comparison shot at a normal 4x3 res from the same spot in the game ... and I will add it to the Solution ... thanks ... :D

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2006, 13:19 

Great work Paddy! A lot of surfers will appreciate this solution I'm sure.

The solution name is okay; if you could shorten Command & Conquer to "C&C" if you wanted. Most people (even EA's website) use this abbreviation.

4:3 screenshot here (i was going to take this at 800x600 so it looked really crappy compared to the widescreen shots. ;) But that wouldn't be fair)

Also paddy, it is possible to host that ZIP file somewhere? i'll eventually delete it knowing me.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2006, 13:24 
Editors
Editors

Also paddy, it is possible to host that ZIP file somewhere? i'll eventually delete it knowing me.

I'll see what can be done ... and get back to you ... 8)

Thanks for the 4x3 ... it is now added to the Solution ... 8) :D

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2006, 15:07 
Editors
Editors

The solution name is okay; if you could shorten Command & Conquer to "C&C" if you wanted. Most people (even EA's website) use this abbreviation.

Some of the best times I had DOS gaming involved typing "CD C&C" followed by "C&C"... :D

Even the install program called Command and Conquer, C&C... 8)

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2006, 18:56 
Editors
Editors

Done ... :D ... your link has been modified ... :wink:

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2006, 12:05 

Some of the best times I had DOS gaming involved typing "CD C&C" followed by "C&C"... :D

*Dreamy sigh* those were great days, weren't they? When a 17" monitor was SOOOO HUGE. ;) And there was only 1 game that used more than 2 CD's - Myst. :P

But we digress. Anyone got the original C&C to work on widescreen? :P

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2006, 13:39 

[quote]Some of the best times I had DOS gaming involved typing "CD C&C" followed by "C&C"... :D

*Dreamy sigh* those were great days, weren't they? When a 17" monitor was SOOOO HUGE. ;) And there was only 1 game that used more than 2 CD's - Myst. :P

But we digress. Anyone got the original C&C to work on widescreen? :P

Nope and Ra2 also won't work. Yeah for offline but not online, and i miss buttons 2 on Ra2, the button random map :cry: and it really pisses me off :evil:

Post subject: Online?
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2006, 01:45 

Great solution! Is there anyway to get this to work online though with multiplayer? If I edit the maxcameraheight to anything other than default, it won't connect with anyone else. (Version mismatch errors). Thanks!

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2006, 16:29 

Fellblade, I get that too. I presume it's considered a "cheat". I have not yet tried this on a LAN with everyone running the same cameraheight hack.