Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 12:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2007, 08:06 

And whenever I try to play a game while in horizontal span my computer crashes. BSoD, and so on.

Is there any way to play a game that spans across both of my monitors without getting a device like Matrox DualHead2Go?
Besides putting the game in window mode; I put Guild Wars in window mode then stretched it.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2007, 10:25 

Games aren't really designed for Dual monitors.
There is maybe a few strategy games that will work but you can't play a game properly with a big gap in the middle of the display. Your character/crosshair and stuff is always half on one screen half on the other and its pretty much unplayable.

You can set your monitors up in the Nvidia drivers to only use one, then you can play the game without any problems. After playing switch back to Dual monitors, I do this all the time and its not a big hassle. :)

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2007, 05:17 

probably a driver issue that is because of the 8800GTX.

try disabling it before gaming

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2007, 10:50 

I have no problems playing games as long as I only try to have the game on one screen.
I guess there is not a way to play a game spanning across more than 1 monitor without a device such as DualHead2Go?

P.S: Sorry for posting in wrong forum . . . stupid of me. I should refrain from making threads when I am really tired. ^^

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2007, 13:05 

You can play across 2 monitors without DH2go, but like I said its pretty pointless unless the game supports it properly.

I have a 19" widescreen and a old CRT for the games that dont like widescreen. (EA!!! :roll: ) So I can span across these at 2048x768 and games run fine at this resolution if they support it that is, but as I said they are really unplayable. Even if they were exact monitors it would still be pretty useless.

F.E.A.R:

Guild Wars:

This is really badly vert- its not funny.

Now image a big fat gap/bar straight down the middle of those pictures.
Also when using dual monitors your games will slow down quite a bit, so thats also a draw back.
So just use the drivers to switch between Horizontal Span and Single Display before you game and it will be fine. :)

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2007, 18:46 

I do not really plan to game with it like that, I just wanted to try it out, play with it.

How did you get yours to work? Did you make a custom resolution in drivers or something?

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2007, 04:35 

I do not really plan to game with it like that, I just wanted to try it out, play with it.

How did you get yours to work? Did you make a custom resolution in drivers or something?

Yeah I know you don't really want to play like that, but just making the point to not even bother with it.. If it doesn't work its no big deal, because the games are crap like that hehe. :P

All I had to do was set the drivers to Horizontal Span, then just use the configuration/video options in the games to set those resolutions.. no custom resolutions or tweaks. I'm not sure why yours isn't working, but yeah its not really anything to bother with. :)