Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 13:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2005, 22:06 

hey guys,

basically, i think i found a way to hack widescreen in ALL games regardless if it supports it or not, also regardless if its encrypted or not. the problem now is having true widescreen (no chopping) with correct FOV.

if u have found out yet, i found a way to hack widescreen in NFSMW eventhough its encrypted.

read here (neear end of page 2):
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/5884#comment-126218

How to get widescreen relosution (applies to all games):
i realize that this trick also works for pretty much every single game out there. its the same concept as universal hacking program, but except this allows u so that u can hack encrypted games.

how to do it (requires basic game memory hacking knowledge):

use Artmoney, or whatever memory poking program,

except for finding the value for money, find the value for the Y resolution (eg. find the "600" in 800x600, then change res to 1024x768, then search for 768".) u'll prolly get like 12 addresses, but change them all, to say 720, when ur X res is at 1280. now u have widescreen , tada!!!!!

however, since i'm still a newbie at this. people who know how to make DMA trainers (finding the breakpoints) can make a program to hack this custom reoslution so that u dont have to find + poke the value everytime u load the game

TO HAVE TRUE WIDESCREEN (NO CHOPPING):

this follows same methodology for hacking the custom resolution, except ur trying the value for FOV.

what would be EVEN better, to make games TRUE widescreen (no chopping) using this method is to be able to find the value for FOV. this is MUCH MUCH harder b/c games usually dont tell u what the FOV is, and in games like prince of persia, the FOV keeps changing when u change camera views (same in NFSMW).

But people like racer_s have done it, so its possible

lets keep this thread an on-going developement thread for all hackers to trial and test and show us results! :)

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2005, 10:35 

i'll try that tomorow in a few other game that just dont support WS....
even if its totally streched i really wont mind!
as long as its fullscreen!!! :)
i'll post the results as an edit to this post too...
laterZ
-=FireHawkX=-

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2005, 12:56 
Editors
Editors

Cool. :)

Am I the only one, however, that finds it a little depressing that the widescreen gaming community has to rely on programs that were traditionally used for cheating in games to get them to work in widescreen? :?:

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2005, 19:39 
Insiders
Insiders

it will be annoying me too when those Belinea's come back into stock :P

DC3217IYE | 1x4GB Vengeance | 64GB M4 | TX-42VT20E

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2005, 19:45 

I gave a try to DirectX Tweaker : a professional tool to hack directly into DirectX. So farn I didn't managed to force the viewport resolution (this is what should be done).

The trouble, as said Paradigm Shifter, is that DXTweaker is recognized by PunkBuster as a cheat and you might lose you Stream account for this. Actually, you can do nearly everything with it, like rendering in wireframe. Seeing thru walls is rather usefull for CounterStrike.

Even before using "cheating"/tweaking tools, we relied on cracked version ! I think this is really beginning to be annoying when studios and/or editors do not care about their customers.

AWx