Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 05:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: NFS: Most Wanted
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2006, 14:52 

Hello!

My laptop has 1280*800 (16:10) LCD and ATI x300 Radeon. The graphics card doesn't have the performance to run NFS:MW at that resolution... i get 20fps out of it, so i think a lower resolution would solve the problem.

i tried to run the game at 960x600 840x525 800x500 with Resolution Changer (Racer_S) but the game crashes at startup.

Please help.

Thank you!

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2006, 15:03 
Editors
Editors

Do you have the game updated to version 1.3 or are you running 1.2. I had the same problem and got it solved by updating the game.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2006, 15:06 
Editors
Editors

@ Ricepuppet ...
So what exactly is you problem ? ... may be someone here can help you.

NFSMW & Battlefield wouldn't start up

Does it lock up ?
Does it junk out to desktop ?

Please post you system specs ... a good place to put them is in your signature ... :D

What res are you trying to run ?
Are you trying to run a res that your monitor is not set up for ... i.e. A custom resolution ?

Are you using 2xQ AA ? ... it seems widescreens don't like this ... :(

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2006, 16:53 

i have installed nfsmwpatch1.3.exe...

i think the problem is that my display driver doesn't include that resolution in the "supported resolutions ini"... i have read something about that. I will try to install new omega/catalyst drivers because original ati drivers will not install on my laptop, and see what happens.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2006, 09:04 

@ Ricepuppet ...
So what exactly is you problem ? ... may be someone here can help you.

NFSMW & Battlefield wouldn't start up

Does it lock up ?
Does it junk out to desktop ?

Please post you system specs ... a good place to put them is in your signature ... :D

What res are you trying to run ?
Are you trying to run a res that your monitor is not set up for ... i.e. A custom resolution ?

Are you using 2xQ AA ? ... it seems widescreens don't like this ... :(

Hi,

Hold on. I've been able to get NFSMW running with that RES changer someone posted.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2006, 12:39 
Editors
Editors

Battlefield 2 res problem disscussion has been split off to here ... http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18808#18808

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2006, 13:18 

Thx ill check that out then.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2006, 02:08 
Founder
Founder

If anyone is interested I've come up with a [clunky] script that mounts the safedisc workaround image for nodvd, and then launches the game using the the resolution changer. After you've finished playing it automatically unmounts the image.

Let me know if this is of interest to anyone and i'll find somewhere to put it up.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2006, 23:53 

If anyone is interested I've come up with a [clunky] script that mounts the safedisc workaround image for nodvd, and then launches the game using the the resolution changer. After you've finished playing it automatically unmounts the image.

Let me know if this is of interest to anyone and i'll find somewhere to put it up.

I would be interested in it! NFS:MW is basically the only game I play because you can pick it up and play... no thought involved... just like a console game. I just bought the 2005fpw and waiting for it in the mail... figured I would get a jump start on getting NFS to work. Here I am assuming there isn't a bleed problem with the 2005fpw... haha

Thanks!

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2006, 22:44 
Founder
Founder

nodvd & widescreen

1. Install the full game from the original DVD
2. Download and install the update to v1.3
3. Place the NODVD workaround image in a folder called "NODVD" within your game folder. Place "SafeDisc4 Blocker.exe" in the game folder. Place the resolution changer "nfsmwres.exe" also in thr game folder.
4. Locate the "NFSMW-MiNi.mdf" in the "NODVD" folder, select properties, then advanced then choose "compress to save disk space". (This will save about 1.74Gb of unnecessary disk usage).
5. Install Daemon Tools (tested with version 4.00HE)
6. [if you want a shortcut] Create one with the "target" and "start in" paths as "morespeed.bat" and the installation folder
7. [if you care] also in the shortcut update the icon path to "NFSMW_icon.ico"
8. To run the game simply use the shortcut, a shell window will appear, followed by a launcher. Select you're desired resolution and version 1.3 and hit launch.
9. Once you've finished playing close the launcher window, the safe disc blocker will close and the virtual disk unmount.

The script is (paths will need to be updated):

Code:
@echo off
   "C:Program FilesDaemon Toolsdaemon.exe" -mount 0,"C:GamesNFSMWNODVDNFSMW-MiNi.mds"
   "C:GamesNFSMWSafeDisc4 Blocker.exe" nfsmwres.exe
   "C:Program FilesDaemon Toolsdaemon.exe" -unmount 0

PM me if you require any of the files.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 31  Next