Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 12 Jul 2024, 18:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Tiger Woods 2005
PostPosted: 24 May 2005, 01:11 
Founder
Founder

The 2004 version of Tiger Woods has been cracked. But none of the other 2004 EA Sports games have been. Mird thought that the other EA Sports titles might have the same .dll file and the crack might cross the titles. Those other 2004 titles (NBA, NFL, NASCAR) don't even have a file with that name.

Where as TW2005 has the same file, but the offset is obviously in a different place, I thought that if someone took a crack (pun intended) at the other 2004 titles, it might help with solutions for the corresponding 2005 titles.

The only reason I'm asking about the 2004 titles (and not the 2005), is that I have the 2004 titles (the boxed set was only $20) I can give to someone to try and hack. Unless someone donates the titles, or we get a flood of donations, I can't afford $250 for the 2005 series.

When the site first started I ran a poll about which game to hack. The winner was SW:KOTOR and I purchased that game and sent it to Wogg. He cracked it and added it to his UniWS patcher.

I was hoping that as the site grew, we'd some donations rolling in, and I could afford to send games to resident crackers. If 12 folks donated $5 each, then I could send games for cracking and we could all reap the benefits.

Sorry of this post is a little heavy handed, I just want to make sure people know what I'm able to do on my own, and what we could do as a community.

PostPosted: 24 May 2005, 19:56 

All sounds good to me - of course for purely educational and testing reasons there's bit torrent :wink:

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2005, 03:28 
Founder
Founder

I know Arcus is working on this... Original thread here:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=596