Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 17:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 264, 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2012, 00:02 

Good things take time guys.

Not much longer to wait.

[img]

Couple of other games I would like to add then I will release it, remaining on my list are, The Witcher, Alice: Madness Returns, COD: Black ops, Mirrors Edge and Star Wars: SWTOR

Your Flawless widescreen site is down. When you do the re-release, are you bringing it back up, or will it be just a 'download from WSGF, etc' deal?
I downloaded an old version to play Borderlands, and they didn't play nicely. Borderlands kept being it's whiny, stretched HUD self...

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2012, 01:37 

Any estimated time of release Hayden?

Other than that, the program looks slick. Clean looking interface, keep up the good work!

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2012, 01:50 

Can't wait Hayden! I just beat the mass effect series in 1920-1080. Gunna have to give it a multi monitor play through once you release your program. Can't wait, keep up the good work :D

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2012, 04:44 

Forum has been acting weird for me. This was a repost of the one below for helifax.

Sorry...

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2012, 04:53 

No, no;)) You misunderstood me;)) Are you using a Portrait setup? What problems are you encountering?:) That's what I am asking:) I can try to help you if you want..or if you want the other tool then I can shut up:)

No portrait setup. Normal triple 22's with twin 260's and a TH2GO. It's the problem where it's unable to bring up any menus and there are no hud's etc. It also seems to run a little slower than the other solution, but that could be my imagination. If it's a problem you already know all about with an extremely simple and quick fix, then I'd be thankful to try it, but I really don't want to waste any of the time you so generously give to us, or time that I myself just don't have.

Your fix is working for thousands, though, and that is awesome and really appreciated.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2012, 05:00 

Good things take time guys.

Not much longer to wait.

Couple of other games I would like to add then I will release it, remaining on my list are, The Witcher, Alice: Madness Returns, COD: Black ops, Mirrors Edge and Star Wars: SWTOR

Awesome... Man, I still have The Witcher sitting on the shelf never played because of the cutscene crap!

Though, I would beg that you not make us wait for a full package if it means the inevitable unforseen delays life throws our way... I'm still fuming about THIS pack of lies!!! :D

"We have always gone for a "when it's done" approach" ---- yeah right.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2012, 07:31 

Can't wait Hayden! I just beat the mass effect series in 1920-1080. Gunna have to give it a multi monitor play through once you release your program. Can't wait, keep up the good work :D

This isn't a thread on ME3 so I won't get carried away but why didn't you use Helifax's plugin with wide screen fixer? It took me all of 30 seconds to download and run and it runs widescreen for ME3 flawlessly on my machine. I can't even tell it wasn't designed to run on 3 screens with his fix. Just curious but could you not get it to work?

Post subject: helifax wrote:AmeerNuub
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2012, 08:26 

[quote]Before I ask what I'm going to ask, I'd like to say that even though I doubt I'll be utilizing your fix, I really appreciate all the prompt attention and labor by Helifax and others to get this working.

Skyrim is in the 1.5 range now. Hayden's last solution is in the 1.3 range. I've tried Helifax's solution, and it doesn't work for me. I might could do a whole bunch to get it to work, but the very tiny amount of free time I have is going to have to be spent playing and not fixing. That's why so many prefer the "one click and it just works" option, Apple style, regardless of how much any and all efforts are appreciated.

It looks like as of now, my only sure fire option is what has been proven to work before, i.e- to roll back to an earlier version and use one of Hayden's earlier fixes. This is unfortunate because my computer will lose internet access because of the steam forced update, but I'm ok with that. However, the only way I've seen so far to roll back takes me all the way to version 1. The way to accomplish this is to replace certain files (TESV.exe, etc) with older version files, and unplug the internet so as to not allow steam to update.

I'd like to know if there's a way to roll back to the 1.3 range to use Hayden's latest fix. I heard you can use Win 7's previous version rollback feature, but I tried it and it didn't work for me. Replacing the files was the only thing with which I've been successful, but again, it was the release version and I haven't seen any place to get those files that would take me to the 1.3 range.

Anyone know where I can get those files? How to roll back to that version? When / if hayden is going to release an updated fix? I contributed quite a bit more than what I paid for the actual game to the coder appreciation fund, and I really appreciate any help.

Wow.. you would actually spend time "fixing" your game to an earlier version but not using a fix for the current version which probably you haven't configure properly (or you might have a 3xPotrait mode).
Something doesn't add up here;)) or maybe I am seeing it wrong;))
No offence intended;)) Have no idea how to revert back...:)

Hmm I agree it seems like if you have enough time to come up with a roll back work around you could just get Helifax's solution to work more quickly. I don't understand why anyone is having a hard time getting Helifax's solutoin to work. With a detailed description of the problem you are having trying to get it to work there are plenty of people here who seem willing to help figure out what could be causing your problem.

Edit: Ahh, I missed your reply, I am glad you got the roll back working. If you ever need help trying to get Helifax's solution working let me know and I can try to help as well. I'm still a long way from ever being able to write my own fix but I have done a lot of testing on Helifax's.

Post subject: AmeerNuub wrote:helifax
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2012, 09:07 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]

No, no;)) You misunderstood me;)) Are you using a Portrait setup? What problems are you encountering?:) That's what I am asking:) I can try to help you if you want..or if you want the other tool then I can shut up:)

No portrait setup. Normal triple 22's with twin 260's and a TH2GO. It's the problem where it's unable to bring up any menus and there are no hud's etc. It also seems to run a little slower than the other solution, but that could be my imagination. If it's a problem you already know all about with an extremely simple and quick fix, then I'd be thankful to try it, but I really don't want to waste any of the time you so generously give to us, or time that I myself just don't have.

Your fix is working for thousands, though, and that is awesome and really appreciated.

A dam it:P I haven't tried it on TH2GO.. So it is possible the engine behaves differently when using this kind of "hardware" setup. I never used TH2Go so no idea what to say about this:( I imagine that if the fix is enabled when it should (now you can setup the delay of the fix) it should work:) The problem with the menus not appearing is probably caused by the fix kicking in to fast:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2012, 09:53 

This may seem like a stupid question to some, but what is the main difference between Helifax and Haydens Skyrim fix. Personally I like Helifax's fix with Widescreen fixer. It works pretty well although there are a couple of minor bugs. Plus it's in Widescreen fixer so it's just one app for me to update rather than having lots of fixes everywhere.

Am I missing something though by using this rather than Hayden's fix?

i7 3770k, P8Z77v Pro, 16gb Ram,2x Samsung 840 SSD RAID 0 + 4.5tb storage, 7970 Oc'd + 7950 in crossfire, 3x SP2309w monitors + 1 acer monitor, Asus D2X Xonar, Creative T40 Speakers plus satalite speakers + audio transducer

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 264, 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270 ... 302  Next