Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Oct 2024, 13:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 254, 255, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: helifax wrote:Hello
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2012, 16:18 

Hello all,

yes I know about all the issues with the UI moving to the left and the map problems. What I did was to change how some instructions work. The problem is that the same instructions are called with/without a delay when entering/exiting different menus. Finding out why the delay is there is harder than fixing it in the 1st place. I know is a bit annoying, but I dont consider it game breaking. After all pressing 2 ESC makes the game re-center it:) ATM I will not pursue this;))
Hope you understand and enjoy the fix:)

Best Regards,
Helifax

I actually use [Tab] twice, that way I don't even have to move my hand. :)

-- DS

Post subject: Movin on
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2012, 01:51 

Removed Skyrim from my RAM drive to make room for games that support 3 monitors out of the box. Haven't played Skyrim in weeks, but came back here curious to see if Hayden had ever published an update. If he hasn't by now, he never will.

I see Halifax has made some significant improvements to his fix! Very cool. I tried to get Halifax's solution to work for me just after the 1.4 Skyrim update came out, but couldn't get it to work. I decided to simply move on.

My experience with Skyrim has only reinforced my rule: If it doesn't support multi monitors out of the box, I'm not buying it. Made a mistake buying Skyrim; won't do it again.

Wow, the new movie Wrath of the Titans looks pretty amazing. Might have to go see it on IMAX 3d!

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2012, 01:53 
Insiders
Insiders

If that would be the case... we would probably play 2 games per year:)))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: DancingSamurai
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2012, 06:21 

[quote]Helifax, great work on wsf! Thanks!

Wanted to post 2 issues and hoping for advice on remedy:

1. When I enter map and then close it - my HUD , as in compas, health and reticule
Jump to my left monitor. Open menu then closing it puts my HUD back in center.

Pretty consistent behavior. Menus are not effected though. Why would it do that?

2. I'm running SkyUI mod, and all my items aRe super magnified, as in 3d image of the item is huge, covering most of the time good chunk of menu. I understand it might be SkyUI related as it reners in wsf solution, but wanted to ask if you are familiar with that anomaly.

Vanilla menu 3d item rendering works as expeced though.

Thanks in advance

Issue 1 is a known issue. We all have the same problem, and helifax knows about it -- I'm sure that if it can be fixed, it will be eventually. I admit it's annoying when reading a lot of books / trying to figure out where you are and opening the map a lot, but, compared to running on one monitor -- a minor issue.

Re: skyUI -- edit the skyrimDataInterfaceskyui_cfg.txt file, under [ItemInfo] play with these values:

Code:

itemicon.xOffset = 20
   itemicon.yOffset = -6
   itemicon.scale = 0.6

The above is what works well for me, YMMV.

Good luck!

--DS

Fixed SkyUI perfectly! Thanks for a good advice

Used this for 5940x1080 (bezel comp'd)

itemicon.xOffset = 27
itemicon.yOffset = -8
itemicon.scale = 0.5

AMD QuadCore Black 3.2gHz x4

Win7 Ult x64, 8GB Ram

Eyefinity 27'' x3 @ 5790 x 1080

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2012, 07:25 

Anybody heard from HaYden on his fix?

Waiting with baited breath :)

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2012, 15:53 

So, Widescreen fixer appears to start, and become enabled - I see the Bethesda logo and the menu shift 15 seconds in (where I set it, thinking that might have been the problem), but it still doesn't seem to render right. I'm not sure what I could be missing... Found this log thing with widescreen fixer - pasted below... Should "Multi-Monitor Enabled" show as 'no'? Also, here's a screenshot of what I'm ending up with... http://imgur.com/MwdPg

---------------------------
Detected Display Info
---------------------------
Error? No
Error Code: 0
Error String:
Multi-Monitor Enabled? No
Display Count: 3
Column Count: 0
Row Count: 0
Bezel Corrected? No
Horizontal Resolution: 4320
Vertical Resolution: 900
Aspect-Ratio: 4.8
HUD Left: 0
HUD Right: 4320
HUD Top: 0
HUD Bottom: 900
HUD Width: 4320
HUD Height: 900

Post subject: I have two issues, but I
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2012, 20:21 

I have two issues, but I think it may be linked. Like ^ forkandspoon, at the start menu, everything is zoomed in. In the main menu, I am unable to click on any options because it's too zoomed in. And my second issue is, the mouse speed is way too sensitive, even though the look sensitive is on the lowest setting possible. It's very extremely difficult to click on anything. :S My status of Widescreen fixer is
"Gaming Running Yes
Fix Enable Yes
Base Address 0x400000
One Screen Resolution 1920
Screen Offset 2105
Adaptive Resolution 1920
[This is with the bezel correction]

Using SkyUI

Post subject: LOWao wrote:I have two
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2012, 21:18 
Insiders
Insiders

I have two issues, but I think it may be linked. Like ^ forkandspoon, at the start menu, everything is zoomed in. In the main menu, I am unable to click on any options because it's too zoomed in. And my second issue is, the mouse speed is way too sensitive, even though the look sensitive is on the lowest setting possible. It's very extremely difficult to click on anything. :S My status of Widescreen fixer is
"Gaming Running Yes
Fix Enable Yes
Base Address 0x400000
One Screen Resolution 1920
Screen Offset 2105
Adaptive Resolution 1920
[This is with the bezel correction]

Using SkyUI

Are you running the Steam Version of the game? and properly configured the plugin? If not...there is your answer...

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2012, 02:06 

Done it a couple of times now; I suppose I could salt the land and start again... I'm using SkyUI too - but I tried it without. Guess I'll try without any mods and see what happens.

Post subject: Beaten into submission
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2012, 02:39 

Well......I whole-heartedly appreciate the efforts of both Hayden and Helifax. But I think I'm gonna trade all this crap in for a 30" monitor. It's just too much of a hassle trying to fiddle with these 3rd party programs, finally getting them working, only to have it break with each patch and have to start the process all over again. Usually when I get time to play I end up spending that time trying to get the damn game to work right. Bethesda is showing zero interest in addressing this issue. So I think I'm gonna have to admit defeat.

Has anyone gotten a positive response from Bethesda on this issue? I wish someone would ambush Todd Howard or any other Bethesda developer at one of these conventions like PAX or E3. Perhaps one of the GPU developers could help urge them to consider support.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 254, 255, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260 ... 302  Next