Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 20:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 05:10 

This may help some people. The fix was trying to use bezel correction when I am not using bezel correction. I unchecked Automatically Detect Resolution and made the bezel corrected numbers same as the uncorrected and everything is perfect now. So Helifax, some glitch with bezel correction.

If it helps, I am using Nvidia surround, 5760 by 1080, 2 590 cards in quad sli mode.

Which by the way, made Skyrim 0 (zero) faster than a single 590. I guess you cannot make up for lazy code with more video power. You can with more cpu power, but chips seem to be stuck around 3.2 and 3.4 .

Thanks again, Helifax.

TRusselo: If you play around with the following settings in skyui_cfg.txt you can fix that perfect. The scale setting will make the item smaller if you lower it. Assuming newest version of skyui. Older versions used skyui.cfg instead.
itemcard.align = right
itemcard.xOffset = 19.5
itemcard.yOffset = -8

itemicon.xOffset = 28
itemicon.yOffset = -8
itemicon.scale = 0.4

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 05:24 

Everything here is working well except that I'm finding my map markers are skewed about an inch to the west and a bit south of where they should be.
I'm running "A Quality Word Map" mod but I've tried with and without and the offset remains.

The markers do however maintain their relative position when panning an zooming so it seems like there should be an alignment adjustment I could make here on my end but I don't know where that might be.

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 05:29 

Thanks Helifax! I'm happy to see you have released a new fix. The only thing is, that the HUD and menu is an inch or two too far left. Everything is fine except for this. Unfortunately it makes the game unplayable for me due to the menu being directly under my bezel and I can't see it at all. It's just that everything needs to come over to the right an inch or two. Hopefully it's an easy fix. Maybe it's due to bezel correction? I am running bezel corrected at 8070x1600. Your previous fix did not have this issue for me, everything was centered.
One other small thing is that the when exiting the map, the HUD is displayed on the left screen. A quick tab into the menu and back fixes it though. Not a big deal, just thought I'd point it out.
Thanks for all your effort!

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 05:35 

Thanks Helifax! I'm happy to see you have released a new fix. The only thing is, that the HUD and menu is an inch or two too far left. Everything is fine except for this. Unfortunately it makes the game unplayable for me due to the menu being directly under my bezel and I can't see it at all. It's just that everything needs to come over to the right an inch or two. Hopefully it's an easy fix. Maybe it's due to bezel correction? I am running bezel corrected at 8070x1600. Your previous fix did not have this issue for me, everything was centered.
One other small thing is that the when exiting the map, the HUD is displayed on the left screen. A quick tab into the menu and back fixes it though. Not a big deal, just thought I'd point it out.

Try setting it manually when you press the cog. Mine was slightly off when I let it auto-detect. Even though it was reporting the right resolution, I had to uncheck auto detect and manually set it to correct it.

Post subject: Hydralisk_X
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 06:12 

[quote]Thanks Helifax! I'm happy to see you have released a new fix. The only thing is, that the HUD and menu is an inch or two too far left. Everything is fine except for this. Unfortunately it makes the game unplayable for me due to the menu being directly under my bezel and I can't see it at all. It's just that everything needs to come over to the right an inch or two. Hopefully it's an easy fix. Maybe it's due to bezel correction? I am running bezel corrected at 8070x1600. Your previous fix did not have this issue for me, everything was centered.

Try setting it manually when you press the cog. Mine was slightly off when I let it auto-detect. Even though it was reporting the right resolution, I had to uncheck auto detect and manually set it to correct it.

That worked! Thanks so much! Even though it was auto detecting the correct resolution, when I unchecked auto detect and put it in manually, it worked great. Now the only issue is the locations being slightly off of their placement on the map like Exile mentioned a couple of posts above this one. It's certainly better than having to toggle the fix on/off to use the map (or leave it distorted, like I used to because I was lazy).

Also, it's nice to see that the loading screens are in much better shape. Thanks Helifax!

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 08:34 

Thanks for the fix Helifax! I hadnt even played Skyrim due to not having my Eyefinity rig up and running - now that it is the fix is working nice :) Like a few have set, the interface seems to be offset to the right a little for me but I can live happily with that :)

Thanks again for all your effort!

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 10:15 
Insiders
Insiders

Thanks for the fix Helifax! I hadnt even played Skyrim due to not having my Eyefinity rig up and running - now that it is the fix is working nice :) Like a few have set, the interface seems to be offset to the right a little for me but I can live happily with that :)

Thanks again for all your effort!

Hi all,

I am glad that the fix is working for you all! If you are having problems with the bezel correction disable the fix and put in the Corrected Resolution your manual resolution. If this still doesnt fix it try to play with this number a little (increase the number with 50 pixels)

Ex: Normal 5040 x 1050
Corrected: 5230 x1050 . This you can adjust to 5260 for example. It will move the hud more to the right.

For some reason the game engine needs an extra something to the HUD push. This wasn't before and that's why I the older fixed it was working perfect (the centering). I know about the character selection fov and will probably fix it sometimes in the future, but since is one time in the game takes little priority..,.

For the map markers on my setup I could not see any problems... What I do is basically revert to the original state of the map so any offsets that appear are very strange...
It is possible that some mod to alter this? I am running the game as pretty as Vanilla as I can. :))

Best Regards

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: I had it set to Manual
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 12:20 

I had it set to Manual previously, then I turned Auto resolution on. It was almost perfect, the HUD swapped to being off centre by just a couple of pixels. Atleast I know now thanks to your post I can tinker around and adjust it if I want. Once again, thankyou for your efforts! I cant wait to get into Skyrim.

Post subject: Awesome job helifax !
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 12:55 
Editors
Editors

Awesome job helifax ! :party:
Please ppl check the game's Detailed Report, under Eyefinity / Surround Specific Solution, to download latest Skyrim's multi-monitor fix. :twothumb

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 13:06 

I keep getting 3x of the same display and no idea why.

I only installed Skyrim for the first time tonight, also downloaded WSF v3.1 r386 + helifax's Skyrim fix for 1.4.27.0.4

I have no mods installed.

I've tried reading through some of the ~250 pages of comments here, but not finding much that could help, any clues on where I should start looking/things to try?

Cheers, any help would be appreciated.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251 ... 302  Next