Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 12 Aug 2024, 04:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 19:24 

[quote]Hi All,

New to the forums and having problems with the patcher. I have 3x BENQ G2420HD monitors running with AMD Radeon 6900 with an i7 processor.

I have edited the Skyrimprefs file and set it to the rez that I run (5824x1080), I run the skyrimUWv0.91 file (Leave everything as default) and then run the game and I find that the screen menus are still very close up in the menu and character creation but looks kinda fine in the game itself. when I check the patcher it has the following in the output log...

+ Searching for RUNNING Skyrim Process...
+ Skyrim process found...
+ Process opened successfully!
# Image: d:gamessteamsteamappscommonskyrimTESV.exe
# Version: 1.4.21.0
! This version is not supported, Terminating.
# Supporting: 1.1.21.0, 1.2.12.0, 1.3.7.0, 1.3.10.0

Can anyone help?

Cheers

1. please read the old posts, this thread exists for a GOOD reason...

2. please search the site and educate yourself before asking question... answers to your questions can be found here...
http://widescreengamingforum.com/dr/elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/en

you are welcome!

Your link led to exactly what he did. And everyone's doing. If you're not part of the solution, you are part of the problem - and you offer no solutions with a side of attitude.

Post subject: Fix update?
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 19:28 

Didn't I read that there was going to be a fix released today?

....Am I the only one that has constructed a Hayden/Helifax shrine in hopes of a Temp Fix. I'll give up eating red meat, for one year, as a sacrifice to these Gods.

........"I wa I wa I wa I waanntt the Knife" :)

(Kudos to those who get that movie quote) :)

...and now back to praying.

~MaxSharp

Post subject: OlivierJT wrote:Hello
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 19:28 

Hello everyone,
Regarding that multi-program and programmer solution, I don't know what are your primary occupation (jobs), but why not considering funding ?

I am not talking about donation, but I believe there is a small niche market for user like me (us?) that are in Triple (head) or screen (infinity, whatever) and who are using game apps, always hopping for support form the makers, or month later that someone make a fix.

There is indeed not a general application that works with "all games" (yeah I know it is an impossible dream...), but from what I see form this great community on Wsgf the "brains" are here, and so are the users...
More to the point : Team work, and kickstarter...
(www.kickstarter.com)

I would not dare telling you what to do, but to me it make sense... you could get spotlight, funding, and it could be a good way to gauge your future market even if it looks small. Maybe it is bigger than what I think, maybe it is smaller...
But when I see Nvidia and AMD showing off product on TripleScreen at convention/E3 what ever... I can't help thinking that once inside the spotlight you could get a reconnaissance/ help for them to distribute your application.... (let's go on dreaming...) in the CD that is given with every CG with the driver...

Who knows ?

Maybe it a good think to think about that ?
(but maybe your regular jobs are swamping you, and spending too much time on this is not a solution, money/time wise) I have no idea.
I do believe there is a market, small, but one. (now that all the CG are eye infinity/triple enabled)

(I am a TripleHeader btw)

Anyway, keep it up, my game experience wouldn't be the same without all of you. Merci again.

I agree with you and sure there is a market for this sort of 'fix'. But the most important part is... if someone started (or "kickstarted") a new company and start tapping into that market, I am very sure the big boys (game developers and video card markers) would be like "oh wow, there actually IS a market for this kinda of thing we considered as waste of time... maybe we should start making DLC and get a share of that pie... for god sake, those are our games/cards afterall, we should be the one going to the bank..."

i guess my point is, to those fat cats, we can post as much as we want on their forum, they will just see it as "trolling from fanboys"... the only way we can get their attention is to show them there is a market for this sort of carp... there is $$$ to milk, and all they have to do is just have someone look into a solution for multi-screen game plays....

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 20:10 

....Am I the only one that has constructed a Hayden/Helifax shrine in hopes of a Temp Fix. I'll give up eating red meat, for one year, as a sacrifice to these Gods.

~MaxSharp

I second that! Waiting for those fixes, checking in every hour, refreshing the pages looking back and forward to see if the gods favour us.

(The "knife is froM ; "The GoldenBoy" (Eddie Murphy") !

... now where did i put that sacrificial altar....

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 20:14 
Insiders
Insiders

~MaxSharp

Hi! My fix is working:) for the latest version of Skyrim (not the beta patched one). If you go to the detailed report you can find both the plugin and the WSF version that you need for the plugin to work:)
More than that I cannot do...you have to download them in your computer, configure them and use them;)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: Thank you!
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 22:31 

Helifax!!

I have definitely been using your fix! Much much appreciated, my friend! If it wasn't for you, Skyrim would have been shelved because the game is unplayable without your fix...

When I first tackled and decided to 'inject your fix', I'll admit that it took me a bit to figure the whole process out. I've been successfully using your fix, but also admit that I get confused on whether the fix should be activated/deactivated when doing certain tasks (i.e. looking at maps, inventory, spell book, books, etc). Too clarify, I clearly know 'when' to activate, but in the heat of the battle, I sometimes forget to activate and I end up having to exit out of Spells/Inventory in order to activate...I'm running 5760x1080 and if I leave the fix activated, while on the main screen (while fighting), my HUD (compass/direction) at the top is shrunk-Cant see my next direction/task markers....Am I just retarded or am I missing something in the fix that I haven't implemented?

I'm also using the CT 5760/Cheat Engine program (listed on your fix page), but have a question regarding a couple of lines on your directions -->

"To add your custom Resolution open the FILE in NOTEPAD++ and search for 5230 and 1743. The first number replace it with your Eyefinity/Surround Width Resolution. The second number is the resolution of one monitor. For example: 5230/3=1743. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE!!!"

Question--> Is the FILE you're referring to here the CT 5760 file that I've been using? I never 'replaced' any numbers that specified my width resolution nor the resolution of one monitor within the CT file!? All I've done is Alt Tab out of game and launch the CT 5760 file. I DID, however, replace the resolution in my skyrim pref.ini file...Did I miss something else?

...Lastly, should I be running BOTH the CT/Cheat Engine Program (after the game loads) AND the Widescreen Fixer r312 program (before the game loads)?

...Appreciate your input. I've played with your fix for some time now and wanted to make sure I was doing everything right and getting the most out of it!

~MaxSharp

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 22:53 

How do you roll back Skyrim to older versions. I accidentally applied to the beta release :(. It be much appreciated for the links :D
Thanks guys,
RoadKill

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 23:06 

Well, I was going to try to download r312 to work with the plugin, but the link has expired..... I guess no skyrim for me today...

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 23:22 

It started working again.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2012, 04:14 

I've found the fix, however, I am still not able to play. The error popping up states API Version 2.1 needs to be downloaded. Any idea where I can get that download.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230 ... 302  Next