Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 13 Jul 2024, 04:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2012, 01:45 

when you setup skyUI through the download manager you get a setup screen. in the setup screen you can set your resolution. for me it gave me the options 4:5 , 16:10 , 48:10 ( 3x16:10) correct possible configs for my setup. not unnecessary ones. other people get the 16:9 if it applies to them.

AMD FX8320 - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX

Alphacool and Heatkiller Watercooling

16GB Patriot DDR3 - HIS R9 280x & 7950 Crossfired

NZXT H440 - Razer Naga Epic - 4320x900 3x Samsung 940Bw

Corsair Ax1000i - Logitech DiNovo Edge & G13

============================================

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2012, 01:46 

Oh. I suppose that doesn't eliminate the need for a multi-monitor fix eh?

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2012, 09:42 
Insiders
Insiders

It was a simple question. No "attitude" was intended. You shouldn't be overly sensitive when you read text. All I said was it sucks to have to rely on someone to fix it each update, which is simply a factual statement.

I was looking at the SkyUI description and it says it supports "exotic" resolutions but as we all know it doesn't automatically adjust without a multi-monitor fix. I posted a comment asking exactly what they mean by "supports" and if there are values I might need to change in the cfg.

Ah;)) Understood...Yes I also noticed that in the SkyUi and the support is there (meaning support huge resolutions but...that doesnt overcome the engine own limitations ex: lack of 3x screens support) What we should do is ask the developers of SkyUI to proper scale the hud on 3screens..but even then ..is a little interesting to do it since there are so many configurations:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: WSF not working
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2012, 00:22 

Hi,

I have three 6970s in 5760x1080 and i can't get the WSF v3.0.307 to work. My menus in Skyrim are all over the place. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks.

Post subject: helifax wrote:H8Cr1me
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2012, 03:51 

[quote]It was a simple question. No "attitude" was intended. You shouldn't be overly sensitive when you read text. All I said was it sucks to have to rely on someone to fix it each update, which is simply a factual statement.

I was looking at the SkyUI description and it says it supports "exotic" resolutions but as we all know it doesn't automatically adjust without a multi-monitor fix. I posted a comment asking exactly what they mean by "supports" and if there are values I might need to change in the cfg.

Ah;)) Understood...Yes I also noticed that in the SkyUi and the support is there (meaning support huge resolutions but...that doesnt overcome the engine own limitations ex: lack of 3x screens support) What we should do is ask the developers of SkyUI to proper scale the hud on 3screens..but even then ..is a little interesting to do it since there are so many configurations:)
I used HaYDeN fix to propose some different SkyUI.ini file to set up the item representation and item card correctly for 2 resolutions as an exemple. But of course this doesn't work right now with the newest version of Skyrim because Helifax's fix doesn't handle the menus the same way (other parameters are to be used for SkyUI.ini) and HaYDeN got kidnapped by aliens and we hope he we safely return to us and continue his work of Skyrim if not too traumatized :)

PS: I discovered that most game if not all (those I tried anyway like Skyrim (menus and dialogs issues), Kingdoms of Amalur (some menu issues), Mass Effect 1-2-3 (menus and dialogs issues)) support natively the resolution of 2400x1200 (basically 800x600 x6) which I can achieve on my 6 screens setting and still have the game displayed on all screens. So for now, with all those pesky games which do not have a native support of WideScreen, it is at least a resolution I can play in full screen instead of my normal 5760x2160 (1980x1080 x6).

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2012, 06:37 

So, I am thankful for Helifax and his continued support but can't stop thinking about what Hayden did to create his script. It sucks that he is MIA, but I'm sure he has better things to do than write free fixes for Bethseda's oversight. For the record though, I will send him $50 if he updates his script and I hope others do to. It is incredible that Skyrim, arguably the "Game of the Year", does not have multi-monitor support, whereas a game like The Witcher 2 does in DX9 from a smaller studio. And that the community of intelligent people like Helifax and Hayden are picking up the pieces. But I digress...

Anyone have any ideas on how Hayden created his script? Where does one start to write this kind of a thing? Can anyone point me in the right direction? What kind of research has to be done to implement such a script? I am assuming this involves Visual Basic and C++ but really have no clue as websites and desktop support are my thing.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2012, 21:56 

I keep checking back here every day in hopes that there will be some news on a new HaYDen fix. I will also donate for a new one.

CPU i-7920 DO @3.6 Ghz, PSU Corsair AX1200, GPU's 2 EVGA GTX 580's in SLI Surround, Monitors 3 Ea Samsung 245T's 24" @ 5760 X 1200, Storage, Boot Drive 120 Gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, Program drives, 2 Ea 300 Gb V-Raptors in RAID 0, Storage drive, WD RE3 1 TB, M

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2012, 22:48 
Editors
Editors

I keep checking back here every day in hopes that there will be some news on a new HaYDen fix. I will also donate for a new one.

HaYDeN will release a new version of his flawlessws tool in the next few days, including a Skyrim plugin, i have tested the app in my system, running Nvidia Surround (HaYDeN runs an eyefinity setup).

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2012, 01:28 

thanks for the update, but i cant help but feel extremely jealous...

BTW, i was able to roll back my exe to use the old fix, with the new updated files. works but crashes alot, must quicksave often.

AMD FX8320 - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX

Alphacool and Heatkiller Watercooling

16GB Patriot DDR3 - HIS R9 280x & 7950 Crossfired

NZXT H440 - Razer Naga Epic - 4320x900 3x Samsung 940Bw

Corsair Ax1000i - Logitech DiNovo Edge & G13

============================================

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2012, 04:28 

Still confused as to why this can't be opensourced?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226 ... 302  Next