Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 21:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 19:56 

This wait is getting long. I can't play with Eyefinity on because Bethesda can't be bothered to make things properly resolution-independent, and I can't disable Eyefinity, because the mouse keeps going off the game and into the desktop.

By the time it comes out, will there be another version change and we're back in the same boat?

Hayden, name your price for a public release of the source to Git, if that will entice you.

I'm tired of waiting, and no disrespect, I know how busy life can get, but I'm sure I or some other user would have had more availability of time to have had it fixed a long time ago.

Let's crowdsource this mother...

+1 with crowdsource... i will chip in for donation to buy it off from Hayden to make it open... have been waiting for almost 4 weeks now.....

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 19:58 

***EDIT: I found a working dowmload link for r311. Thanks

Thanks helifax however that link doesn't work; just redirects back to widescreenfixer mainpage. Do you have the compatible widescreen fixer version you could email to me? I could PM you my address.

[quote]This is most likely end user error :)

First time user of helifaxs latest fix, and I'm getting a API conflict error upon launching widescreen fixer. It says Plugin: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim.dll, API version:2.0, Required version: 2.1....now exiting.

I followed the instructions/links on the game details page.

Any help would be appreciated !!

Hi! You need this version of WSF until I update the plugin with the new APi:
https://www.widescreenfixer.org/files/c1562c7ba6c3b9121cab72f02510a1e8/4f3fe7e6/WidescreenFixer-r311.7z

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 20:10 
Insiders
Insiders

***EDIT: I found a working dowmload link for r311. Thanks

Thanks helifax however that link doesn't work; just redirects back to widescreenfixer mainpage. Do you have the compatible widescreen fixer version you could email to me? I could PM you my address.

[quote][quote]This is most likely end user error :)

First time user of helifaxs latest fix, and I'm getting a API conflict error upon launching widescreen fixer. It says Plugin: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim.dll, API version:2.0, Required version: 2.1....now exiting.

https://www.widescreenfixer.org/files/c1562c7ba6c3b9121cab72f02510a1e8/4f3fe7e6/WidescreenFixer-r311.7z

Go here: http://www.widescreenfixer.org/old.php and download the oldest revision (bottom one). It should work with that.

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: Thanks helifax; got it
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 20:30 

Thanks helifax; got it working just fine now !

[quote]***EDIT: I found a working dowmload link for r311. Thanks

Go here: http://www.widescreenfixer.org/old.php and download the oldest revision (bottom one). It should work with that.

Best Regards,
Helifax

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 21:08 

Best Regards,
Helifax

Thanks Helifax! Thats answers our questions clear and concisely. That is what we've been looking for as opposed to the smartass answer from some of the others. Up and running now!

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 23:10 

so i got my new computer up and running and i can't run any of haydens fixes now.
at first it told me i needed the msvcr100 and msvcp100 dlls which i found odd since those came with windows and were in my system32 folder already
i moved them into the skyrim folder copied from my system32 folder and now when i launch any of the skyrimUW fixes i just get an application error 0xc000007b and thats that.
i did forget to kill uac, but i remedied that and no change.

i am going to go ahead and update to 1.4 and mess with the Dopefish fix, but i still thought i would post this.
i did a site search on the error and didnt come up with anything. havnt been on the thread in a few hundred posts heh but i did some catching up and didnt see anything about it, its prolly just something weird with the new windows install.. duno wtf

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2012, 11:27 

Im a bit curious why people cannot make this great solution work, so here is how I've used Helifax's great work.

I'm on a Radeon 7970 doing no Xfire, because with the lacking drivers its not stable. The 2nd card is turned off.

My way to glory and a great game.

1. Downloaded and installed CheatEngine61
2. Downloaded the CT table for 1.4.21.0.4
3. Downloaded the Skyrim_Center_HUD_V2_Multi-monitor_Standard_Resolutions.

I was all taken from this page: (scrolling down to the bottom of the page just before the Screenshots)
http://widescreengamingforum.com/dr/elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/en

I then opened the CT table in a notepad and did the same with the table that I needed from the package in 3. (For me it was the 5760 one),
and went ahead and changed the resolutions in the CT table (Also called TESV_1.4_Final) with the ones from the 5760 one, and VOILA! it works.
The lines I needed to change ended up looking like this:

writeInteger(myAdd1,1920)
writeInteger(myAdd2,1920)
writeInteger(myAdd3,1920)
---------------------------------
writeInteger(myAdd3,0 ) <---- No space between the 0 and the ) but the forum makes it into a smiley!
writeInteger(myAdd2,5760)
writeInteger(myAdd1,5760)

val=1
else if val==1 then
-------------------------------
writeInteger(myAdd1,5760)
writeInteger(myAdd2,320)
writeInteger(myAdd3,60)
val=2
else if val==2 then
-------------------------------
writeInteger(myAdd2,5760)
writeInteger(myAdd3,0 ) <---- No space between the 0 and the ) but the forum makes it into a smiley!
val=3
else if val==3 then
--------------------------------
Now all I have to do is tab out after starting the game, and run the CT table file, choose yes, and tab back in, and I can use the buttons 0, B and M to change
resolutions when needed in game.

Only thing that looks a tad off for me is reading notes. The text is somewhat squished together in the left side of the note, but other than that its great!

Thanks for a fine working solution, now I can finally play this great game as it was supposed to be played :)

Post subject: Hey everyone,First off
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2012, 16:14 

Hey everyone,
First off thanks to helifax and hayden for their work with making the game multimonitor compatible.
However, I finally had time to put helifax's version into the fixer and run Skyrim, and when I apply the fix, all my screens go black and I'm not really sure.
Thanks to whoever is able to help me with this, it'd be much appreciated.
If it says it in another post then sorry for the wasting your time.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2012, 19:58 

Could someone post a direct link to the download for the version of the fixer that works with the current version of the plugin? I can't find anything other than the newest version.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2012, 20:03 

i quit playing around with the exe errors i mentioned above, i have no idea why i am getting them with the new isntall, google searched lead me to belive possible .dll issues, not sure.

anyway i just updated to the latest patch and went with the modified dopefish fix using the universal widescreen fixer.
thanks to everyone again as usual cause it works great.

definitely miss having the map auto-adjust and being able to pick a FOV from the launcher, but it gets the job done.
just a quick press to disable for maps and books and a quick fov command after game is loaded.

ive had more game bugs than ever before since the patch, but thats no ones fault but bethesda (mostly ai walking path and script issues, but also inventory bugs). ive literally seen more of that in the 2 days ive played on the latest patch then i have in all the time combined playing off the straight disc version :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224 ... 302  Next