Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 00:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: 1.3 = dead 0.8
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 21:38 

Hello all this is my first post on WSGF. I have been viewing the site on and off for some time but did not get really interested until I got Skyrim and all the associated problems!

Just to chime in with my findings on Skyrim update 1.3 that I installed earlier today.

For me, the updated TESV 'kills' Hayen 0.8. 0.4A and 0.3 - that is, I start up Hayden x.x inject patch then start TESV to play Skyrim. For my efforts, I get the Skyrim launcher screen and, on pressing play, my monitors go black with the windows 'working' donut for a second or so then return to desktop (CTD maybe).

I have not had chance to test the new TSV with Hayden x.x and with the 4GB LAA fix just yet!

Back to TESV1.2 for me for now.

I have not as yet been able to make a contribution to support the fine work of Hayden or others as I am a bit cash strapped at moment - I will try in the near future to do so though. For now, thanks Hayden and all for the great works.

/rant
(You guys can ignore this bit if you like! I do not wish to derail the main thread topic.)

There is a really important question hanging in the air here! Why, when other types of businesses are legally bound to release product or services that are as described and are fit for inteded purpose out of box, has the gaming industry moved to what they seem to think is a perfectly acceptable 'release it broken - fix it if we get hassled - patch later' model with an attitude that seems to be 'take the money and ignore cunsumer law and consumer complaints'? Surely this is bordering on (if not outright) illegal with regard to consumer law (I'm in the UK)!

I understand that, sometimes, a bug slips by QA and that modern games require vast amounts of coding and resources and that patches or updates (even on an otherwise complete product) can be very much of benefit to the consumer. I know though that when I pay for something new, I expect to get a fully functional item that is suitable for purpose and as advertised (and I do not mean in the microscopic small print!)

It is, in a way, a shame that Beth and other game makers are made to look so utterly incompetent when third party coders / modders can do what gamers are asking for and should have from the outset, in (usually) a few days or so, and the gaming companies seem unable or unwilling to.
/rant

Edits: My spellink and granma are horrid at times. :)

Post subject: Hayden 0.8
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 22:06 

Just an update to my earlier post;

I did not have a copy of all the Skyrim files - just the TESV files and the Hayden fixes and the 4GB LAA fix.

Hayden 0.8 worked fine with TESV 1.2 but not with TESV 1.3! Now, after reverting to TESV 1.2, it no longer works with Hayden 0.8 - so I am using Hayden 0.4A and that is fine with or without 4GB LAA fix.

I suspect another file or such that Hayden 0.8 relies on has been altered with update 1.3 and this is why niether 1.3 (and now) 1.2 work with that particular Hayden fix. I will leave that for the experts to discuss / sort out!

Post subject: NightWatch wrote:Just an
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 22:17 
Insiders
Insiders

Just an update to my earlier post;

I did not have a copy of all the Skyrim files - just the TESV files and the Hayden fixes and the 4GB LAA fix.

Hayden 0.8 worked fine with TESV 1.2 but not with TESV 1.3! Now, after reverting to TESV 1.2, it no longer works with Hayden 0.8 - so I am using Hayden 0.4A and that is fine with or without 4GB LAA fix.

I suspect another file or such that Hayden 0.8 relies on has been altered with update 1.3 and this is why niether 1.3 (and now) 1.2 work with that particular Hayden fix. I will leave that for the experts to discuss / sort out!

If you want to go back to ver 1.1 go here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2263471

it has all the files you need to make it happen.

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

Post subject: WOOOOO the TESV facebook
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 22:40 

WOOOOO the TESV facebook saved my arse. I turn my computer off when i'm at work, and I noticed they said they released 1.3 today so when I get home, i'm unplugging my ethernet cable so I don't get raped by forced update. Might be a good idea for everyone to add them so you can get the heads up before they break it next time.

Also, I need some advice on my setup. I have crossfire and nothing I have tried has fixed scaling for me.

PhenomII x4 940BE oc'd to 3.4ghz
2x 6870, one in a 2.0 x16 and one in a 2.0 x4 (from what I read, this doesn't bottleneck the 2nd card by any more than like 4% compared to a 2.0 x8)
6gb ram at 800mhz ddr2 with tight timings
96gb ssd for os and skyrim
5788x1080 res
11.11c drivers

I get HORRENDOUS stutter (none in non cfx) out doors and indoors near light sources as well as input lag (also none in non cfx). Also, when I get the worst of the stutter, I also get sound stutter.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 22:54 
Insiders
Insiders

I see the update - I swore a little....

It came out early AM - at work, so I cannot investigate their perpetual failures until I return.

Probably best to revert to 1.2 or 1.1 temporarily as per posted instructions, check back in 24 hours or so, maybe sooner.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 23:17 

WOOOOO the TESV facebook saved my arse. I turn my computer off when i'm at work, and I noticed they said they released 1.3 today so when I get home, i'm unplugging my ethernet cable so I don't get raped by forced update. Might be a good idea for everyone to add them so you can get the heads up before they break it next time.

Also, I need some advice on my setup. I have crossfire and nothing I have tried has fixed scaling for me.

2x 6870, one in a 2.0 x16 and one in a 2.0 x4 (from what I read, this doesn't bottleneck the 2nd card by any more than like 4% compared to a 2.0 x8)
5788x1080 res
11.11c drivers

I get HORRENDOUS stutter (none in non cfx) out doors and indoors near light sources as well as input lag (also none in non cfx). Also, when I get the worst of the stutter, I also get sound stutter.

First of all... Thats a HUGE res for two 6870s. I'm having some issues with 6950s in crossfire and a 955BE at 4.0ghz with 10gb DDR3 @ 5040x1050.

,but with all that said.. get the 4gb skyrim patch ( prevents widescreen crashing ) with Radeon Pro set to Bioshock ( for crossfire ) have really helped my frame rates at ultra ( 30-75)

I'm going to use Vanilla Skyrim until somebody comes up with a legitimate fix to end all widescreen crossfire fixes.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 23:20 

I see the update - I swore a little....

It came out early AM - at work, so I cannot investigate their perpetual failures until I return.

Probably best to revert to 1.2 or 1.1 temporarily as per posted instructions, check back in 24 hours or so, maybe sooner.

I heard next week they are release another patch to fix the 2gb ram issue, guarenteed that will break any fix you are able to create for our current situatuon.

Post subject: Kayden wrote:NightWatch
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 23:21 

[quote]Just an update to my earlier post;

If you want to go back to ver 1.1 go here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2263471

it has all the files you need to make it happen.

Thanks Kayden, but after playing for a little while tonight, I have noticed some more issues;

a, 'floating' NPCs - they glide along the floor in a fixed stance and with no walking animation.
b, pressing 'q' still brings up the 'quick' menu - it is unusable though and only allows exiting with 'q' or 'tab'
c, cannot fast travel - click a site on map and map quits with no message at all

So, not knowing if these are update issue or if I have goosed the install by swapping TESV files etc, I am about to do a fresh (from the box) install and see how it goes.

I have my save files backed up!

Thanks for the link though.

Post subject: daveatx wrote:zakm0n
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011, 00:08 

[quote]WOOOOO the TESV facebook saved my arse. I turn my computer off when i'm at work, and I noticed they said they released 1.3 today so when I get home, i'm unplugging my ethernet cable so I don't get raped by forced update. Might be a good idea for everyone to add them so you can get the heads up before they break it next time.

5788x1080 res
11.11c drivers

First of all... Thats a HUGE res for two 6870s. I'm having some issues with 6950s in crossfire and a 955BE at 4.0ghz with 10gb DDR3 @ 5040x1050.

,but with all that said.. get the 4gb skyrim patch ( prevents widescreen crashing ) with Radeon Pro set to Bioshock ( for crossfire ) have really helped my frame rates at ultra ( 30-75)

I'm going to use Vanilla Skyrim until somebody comes up with a legitimate fix to end all widescreen crossfire fixes.
Here is the weird part, I don't change any settings in skyrim between crossfire and non crossfire, and single card runs amazing at that res on high, where at CFX runs like sheit.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011, 00:19 
Insiders
Insiders

I run 5760x1080 on a single 5870 - the frame rate never gets low enough to be annoying... maybe the lowest it gets to is around 30fps.

That's on Ultra - except reduing the AA to 0.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167 ... 302  Next