Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 16:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: fps problem solved!
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 23:19 

hi guys. im going INSANE!!

tried every fix available i think..

problem is not FOV, menus or anything like this. but with my rig i get between 5 - 10fps.. it is completely unplayable. tried turning everything low, AA off etc etc etc, dll`s.. but cant seem to shake it.

read about 60+ pages in this tread before i lost it, saw other people have been bothered with the same problem but couldnt find their results..
so i must ask. can anyone help me? i know there are some issues regarding eyefinity and so forth. when playing single monitor everything is fine.
put both in games folder and skyrim folder skyrimprefs.dll 5760x1200.

my rig:
i7 2600k @ 4.8Ghz.
Asus P8P67 Deluxe
3x24" HP ZR24W
2X Asus HD-6970
16GB Ram

ok, i found out what was happening for me at last.. new drivers did not sovle anything. but it was just so easy as to turn off morphologic filtering in catalyst control center..
35+ fps with 5760x1200..

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2011, 06:06 

Thanks alot for the fixes guys!

Im using the original steam exe with 4a. It kept CTD when going outdoors, so after reading through these posts I also tried the 4gb fix with 4a.

Now its working for hours without a single crash, 5790x1080.

Now to figure out how to fix/configure the shadows to my liking.

Post subject: helifax wrote:helifax
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2011, 06:27 

[quote][quote][quote]Ok!

I made a couple of tests with the original TESV.exe and the TESV.exe..4g (from the 4GB patch) and even if the correct 3D Vision profile is not loaded I could not find any performance or graphical issues. So I can say we are not loosing anything in 3D Vision;)) We can use the patch safely

Best Regards,
Helifax

I have found i cant play running the 4G patcher. My game pauses every couple of seconds and exits 3d mode. Then it re enters. The GPU shows the usage bouncing from 0-100 %. I had to enter task manage and kill off the process. Running it non 4G mode the problem doesnt occur.

Are you using any FXXA injection patch for post processing (the one from the Skyrim Nexus)? I am having some weird problems with that one also;)) Yes I know exactly what you mean!!! I also saw extreme stuttering when using the 4Gb patch and that injector.... Another think that might possible cause this is that the SLI bits are not set for the generic profile (if you use nVidia Inspector you will see under Elder Scrolls Skyrim that the game uses specific SLI compatibility)... It seems this needs some more testing...
I will also try to recompile the patch so it uses the same executable name and not TESV.exe.4g name.
Now I only need to find a copy of Visual Studio 2010 non-Express version as it cannot find all the includes when trying to recompile...

Ok, after a bit of fooling around:)) I managed to make the 4GB version to use the nVidia 3D Profile and SLI compatibility bits:

1. Download and install nVidia Inspector
2. Start Nvidia Inspector
3. Go to the driver profile settings
4. Select the Elder Scrolls V Skyrim profile
5. Click the button that says "add application to current profile" (small icon of a window with a plus-sign)
6. Navigate to your Skyrim installation and select TESV.exe
7. Before hitting OK in the Filename field append ".4gb" so the result should be "TESV.exe.4gb"
8. HIT OK
9. HIT "Apply changes"
10. Play the GAME

AGAIN THIS VALID ONLY FOR THOSE WITH nVIDIA cards in SLI and 3D VISION (SURROUND)

Best Regards,
Helifax

For AMD Users if you are using RadeonPro (I really, really wish the AMD cards had something as advanced as NVInspector, but we don't) you can do the same thing, it's how I disabled Crossfire. Just add the ".4gb" to the end of the exe and you're golden.

1x ACER z35p 3440x1440p 120Hz G-Sync - 1x ACER XB270HU 144Hz 2560x1440 G-Sync ~ 1x BenQ GW2765 60Hz 2560x1440 ~ 1x Sanyo 1080p LCD TV
Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown ~ Corsair Scimitar RGB Pro ~ Sennheiser PC350 SE Headset
Uplift 900 2 Leg Sit/Stand Desk Frame with Custom Wood Desktop ~ Freedom WSGF Edition Ultimate Desk Stand v1

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2011, 08:22 

I am stil using Hayden's 0.3 and I noticed that lockpick view is no longer darkened. Perhaps the patch they provided changed something, because that appeared to fix itself.

However, I had a bug earlier. When drinking a Tree Sap Potion (?) the one that is supposed to give you +100 health, I went blind. The screen went almost black and I could only see little traces of light when staring at a light source. Of course I was quickly killed.

I thought this was a bogus side effect of the potion, (maybe not high enough level) but now am wondering if there is some visual effect that the UI fix does not pick up on and makes it go dark?

Can someone use this potion and confirm?

Post subject: I think I remember this
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2011, 08:52 

I am stil using Hayden's 0.3 and I noticed that lockpick view is no longer darkened. Perhaps the patch they provided changed something, because that appeared to fix itself.

However, I had a bug earlier. When drinking a Tree Sap Potion (?) the one that is supposed to give you +100 health, I went blind. The screen went almost black and I could only see little traces of light when staring at a light source. Of course I was quickly killed.

I thought this was a bogus side effect of the potion, (maybe not high enough level) but now am wondering if there is some visual effect that the UI fix does not pick up on and makes it go dark?

Can someone use this potion and confirm?

I think I remember this happening to me too haha

Post subject: helifax wrote:blackrat
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2011, 21:24 

[quote]I'd like to ask you (helifax, Hayden), to keep compatibility with the very popular mod QD Inventory.

For this mod it would be perfect to start displaying on the left side (like centered or single monitor displaying) but continue to display on the other monitors, because this mod has issues, where some coloumns (colums after 'books') are cut off.

EDIT: IT seems the inventory works pretty OK with Hayden's FIX. HOWEVER it doesn't support controller inputs which is crap...at least from my point of view:))
So you can safely use it:)
If you have issues with this mod as it is not properly rendered you could try my approach for a stretched hud and see if that works better for you:)

i can't get this to work at all
when i open the inventory i cant click on anything, not even categories. the only thing that works is the mouse wheel and the right click, which equips. the keyboard keys dont seem to work either, which im not sure has anything to do with haydens patch in that case. duno.. trying to figure out if i can un-install this thing since i got lazy and didnt back up the couple files it replaced...

Post subject: ugzz wrote:helifax
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2011, 21:28 

[quote][quote]I'd like to ask you (helifax, Hayden), to keep compatibility with the very popular mod QD Inventory.

For this mod it would be perfect to start displaying on the left side (like centered or single monitor displaying) but continue to display on the other monitors, because this mod has issues, where some coloumns (colums after 'books') are cut off.

EDIT: IT seems the inventory works pretty OK with Hayden's FIX. HOWEVER it doesn't support controller inputs which is crap...at least from my point of view:))
So you can safely use it:)
If you have issues with this mod as it is not properly rendered you could try my approach for a stretched hud and see if that works better for you:)

i can't get this to work at all
when i open the inventory i cant click on anything, not even categories. the only thing that works is the mouse wheel and the right click, which equips. the keyboard keys dont seem to work either, which im not sure has anything to do with haydens patch in that case. duno.. trying to figure out if i can un-install this thing since i got lazy and didnt back up the couple files it replaced...

oh man i think im really dead in the water. and i was really hoping to play today too since i had the day off work

any chance someone can grab their stock files for me and rar them?
it only replaced two files:
datainterfacecraftingmenu.swf
datainterfaceinventory componentsinventorylists.swf

P P P Plllease!

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2011, 23:06 

oh man i think im really dead in the water. and i was really hoping to play today too since i had the day off work

any chance someone can grab their stock files for me and rar them?
it only replaced two files:
datainterfacecraftingmenu.swf
datainterfaceinventory componentsinventorylists.swf

P P P Plllease!

Just repair the installation through Steam.

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2011, 23:12 

thank actually it turns out those files dont even exist out of the box. so all i had to do was delete them!
big thanks to some of the guys in the chatbox while the site was getting some maintenance

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2011, 04:34 

Hey guys! I'm using the early release of 11.11B which enables crossfire for Skyrim! It's working great so here ya go.

CatalystCreator Andrew D
Check this link in a few hours bit.ly/urBHJ7 it enables CrossFire for Skyrim just getting it posted now

^^^^^^^That's so you know it's legit. Check his twitter @CatalystCreator

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/hotfix/catalyst_11.11_hotfixes/amd_catalyst_11.11b_windows_vista_7.exe

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134 ... 302  Next