Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 20:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 00:01 
Insiders
Insiders

V0.3 fixed the dark objects in inventory, lock pick is still a bit darker, plus if you fast travel, you should press "TAB" after you "arrive" to re-enable the fix.

I must have missed that, thanks Thales!

EDIT:

I have found 2 mods that I think will interest every one here.

lets you configure your gamepad, I don't use a gamepad but some have mentioned they do. I haven't tested it.
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=655

QD Inventory, redoes the entire inventory UI so make it more friendly for PC players. I have tested this and it does work with HaYDeN's fix, I have not tried it with helifax's yet but it shouldn't be a problem.
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=667

EDIT2: I tried it and it worked just fine for my alt+tab problem. Thanks again Thales for pointing that out. Next time I should read everything in detail rather then just skimming. (c;

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

Post subject: Thank you HaYDeN the new
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 00:44 

Thank you HaYDeN the new version works great. I run bezel corrected 5960x1080 and leaving the settings on auto detect ( 5760x1080 ) works great.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 00:57 

Thanks for the v.3 release HaYden

One comment, it would appear that text gets jumbled together on the 2nd level and higher of the skill/perk trees

I also experienced this! like when looking at the second branch of sneak, the text overlaps

another small issue is in the map when it saays something in the top-left of the screen (like error about unable to travel there, or whatever), it's on the top left of the left monitor, not the middle one.

also, because the fix hooks the tab and m key, sometimes when you press shift+tab ingame, you will be unable to leave the menu, and will think you're stuck

FEAR NOT!! press ctrl+tab to "release" the tab key

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 03:22 

Hello,

Since Hayden's 0.3, I'm experiencing the same immediate crash to desktop as I have with Helifax's most recent solution when starting the game. Hayden's 0.1 works fine.

Running 3840x1024. (3x1). Tried 3072x768 - same issue. Tried setting the resolution manually - no dice. Running Cat 11.10 no bezel comp.

Here's 0.3's output - nothing out of the ordinary...

+ Searching for RUNNING Skyrim Process...
+ Skyrim process found...
+ Process opened successfully!
+ Executing ASM injection...
+ Allocating additional memory to process...
+ Generating Function call 1...
+ Function 1 written successfully...
+ Generating Function call 1...
+ Generating Function call 2...
+ Function 2 written successfully...
+ Patching Mouse Handler...
+ Patched Mouse Handler Successfully...
+ Patching Overscaling..
+ Patched Overscaling Successfully...
+ Too close for missles, switching to guns (switching to hotkey mode)
+ Skyrim thread exited... we're done!

Is there some kind of crash log I can enable to help solve this issue?
It's interesting that both Hayden's and Helifax's crash exactly at the same point (immediately).

Thanks!

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 03:54 

Running Hayden's 0.3 - all I can say is it's freaking awesome. Been waiting for a fix with a natural feel so I can truly enjoy the game as it should be played.

There are a few hitches, but nothing close to game breaking if you don't mind navigating skill trees with WASD. It seems the mouse handling patch or some related part of the engine thinks the monitor resolution is 2x, and starts at the left edge of my center monitor, the effects of which only seem apparent in the skill menu and when I try and mouse look during a conversation - left look occurs when the mouse hits the left edge of the center monitor, but right look occurs upon hitting the right edge of the right monitor - further, the mouse cursor is invisible on the right monitor.

Again, awesome work - honestly I'd be happy if 0.3 ends up being the final version, but I'll cross my fingers that it isn't. :p

(Oh, and I can see flame distortion through walls and other objects.... but that's mostly just funny.)

Post subject: Mods
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 03:57 

Not sure if this has been posted but here is a list of mods for Skyrim from PCgamer/Skyrim Nexus
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/14/the-10-best-skyrim-mods-so-far/
I tried the 3D enhanced map but it was too dark and un-detailed to use properly. That might be due to other mods already in place, but if it works it's a great tool.
There is also a different Large Address Aware program to try if deemed necessary.

I have read about Alt+Tab problems and find that if I MINIMIZE with Alt+Tab I can open back up w/ no issues if I hit Windows+Tab a few times until it shows game instead of blank black screen

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 04:39 

Just installed ati's 11.11 - same issue. :
Running on a 6950, Win7 32 bit, 4 GB.

Post subject: BobMarkinson wrote:Just
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 04:55 

Just installed ati's 11.11 - same issue. :
Running on a 6950, Win7 32 bit, 4 GB.

Run msconfig and shut down all non-Microsoft system services, reboot, make sure the services are still off, then try the game.

I dont think the fix has anything to do with your crash.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 05:28 

I have installed the english skyrim localization, and now I can confirm that the fix works perfect!
But with non-english all sad :(

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 05:53 

Thanks a bunch Hayden! I've been bogged down this week and have only put about 12 hours into the game. Now I'm kind of glad I can go the rest of the way with this awesome fix.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 302  Next