Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 Oct 2024, 23:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 05:40 
Insiders
Insiders

Helifax, while we all wait patiently for HaYDeN's fix, do you think you could post your book fix for us to use along side HaYDeN's fix? Or is that not possible to do with such different code?

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 05:50 

Hi Thales, when I use the 4 Gb patch.exe and then navagate to the TESV.exe file and select it I then get a message that says "execcuatable successfully patched". There is no place to unselect that I can see. My only choices are "OK" and "another file". I do see a file called TESV back up in there so I am wondering if I delete the .exe file and change the name of the BU file to TESV.exe?
Update, I tried that. I cut the TESV exe filer out (I still have it) and I changed the name of the back up file that seems to have been created when I originally ran the 4Gb patch app but I still get an error message "Failed to start, Error code 5" when I try to start SKYRIM.
What am I missing?

Just an update to close this issue. Thales suggested that I go into Steam and Verify integrity of game cache. I loaded the back up exe file and did just that. Steam found a bad file and reveried and now all is running normally again. I am running at 60 to 70 fps with no AA but everything else maxed ate 5760 X 1200, GPU useage runs between 60 to 80% on both 580's. No crashes, I have now played for about 10 hours and no crashes.
I would like to make two comments:
1. Thales and everyone on here has been so helpful and the fix I am using makes the game very playable in surround mode. THANK YOU!
2. I would not try the memory aware mod or patch unless you feel you really have to. It clearly broke my ability to start the game.

CPU i-7920 DO @3.6 Ghz, PSU Corsair AX1200, GPU's 2 EVGA GTX 580's in SLI Surround, Monitors 3 Ea Samsung 245T's 24" @ 5760 X 1200, Storage, Boot Drive 120 Gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, Program drives, 2 Ea 300 Gb V-Raptors in RAID 0, Storage drive, WD RE3 1 TB, M

Post subject: Always one
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 06:05 

[quote][quote][quote]
*Disabled crossfire (still on low setting). Now, eyefinity seems to work. So there is a problem with Crossfire + eyefinity. It might bear some investigation/experimentation with CAP settings to see if I can fix this. But ATM, CF+eyefinity appears to be broken. If anyone has discovered a solution to this in the 60 pages of this thread, please let me know...

I'd highly suggest reading the thread before doing all that massive testing. CF not working has been known essentially since day 1. I believe in the last 3-4 pages there was a .DLL posted. Might want to start researching in that direction.

Thanks. I tried this .dll and it does NOT work with my configuration (ccc 11.10)

I'm through working with this. Chalk it up to experience, and check back every week to see if/when amd provides drivers that fix crossfire/eyefinity, because I dont have the power to run this eyefinity on a single 6850.

I'd like to take this opportuity to admonish the overly optimistic smack who posted this game as a rating of "B". I was following the thread in the earliest 20 pages, went out and bought the game when it was announced that the menus were fixed and the game is playable. Only to find out, that not exactly true. Crossfire/eyefinity is broken and crossfire setups are probably a good half of eyefinity rigs. Thanks for getting me to waste $60 on a title I probably won't be able to enjoy in eyefinity until December, or ever.

There's always one halfwit isn't there... I think you should go return the game, that way you wont be making rediculous posts here like the above!

Just want to say my thanks to everyone working on getting a fix together, so far done a brilliant job!

I7 930 @ 3.36ghz | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | 6gb DDR3 | Corsair H80 Cooler | Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 Case | 2x VTX3D 6970 2gb X-Edition | 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD | 3x Samsung S24A450BW 24" LED Monitors | Corsair HX-850 PSU | Saphire Active DP

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 06:29 

*twitch* Dying for a book fix. *twitch* Must stop pressing refresh on the detailed report... *twitch*

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 07:37 

collect all books you see, then buy a house, dump all books in house, run game windowed and VNC into your home computer from work to read them!

Post subject: You still alive Hayden?
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 08:46 

You still alive Hayden?

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 09:28 
I Donated
I Donated

There's always one halfwit isn't there

Neither yours or c69's comments were necessary, at all. Really now, we are waiting for some great people to fix the game for us - for free. Please don't bicker whilst they work.

You still alive Hayden?

We need to be patient here. The man is working, not only for free, but even being a perfectionist and making sure we can see items, read books. He could have left the fix as is.

Have some patience and faith!

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 09:50 
Insiders
Insiders

I will release this evening (is 10 am in the morning here) a fix that allows you to play the game in fullscreen with map, talent, inventory fixed.
Only reading books will need a workaround....I am still trying to look into that to see why is happening what is happening.

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 09:56 

I will release this evening (is 10 am in the morning here) a fix that allows you to play the game in fullscreen with map, talent, inventory fixed.
Only reading books will need a workaround....I am still trying to look into that to see why is happening what is happening.

Great news! You have plenty of fans in this thread!

If a fix isn't possible soon, could you revert to the temporary method of having a fixed hud + a key for swapping it to stretched for book reading?

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 10:00 

Well I can happily report that I just completed the Main Story Quest Line. Not going to tell you what happened, but I was a lvl 20 Warrior at end. Pretty cool ending, for the Main Quest stuff. Oh and I used Haydens Ultra-Wide Fix V1 also. it did crash here and there, but over all it was still very enjoyable.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 302  Next