Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 20:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 02:59 

Hey all,

Using Hayden's .1 fix having a small issue. Any loot that is picked up, the text is cut off on the left hand side. This also happens with any menu items, anything near the left side is not being transferred to the left monitor.

I'm a new eyefinity user so I'm not sure what's normal and/or if there is something wrong with my setup? Or is this one of the issues Hayden is looking into?

Thanks!

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 03:14 

I'd like to share my experience in trying to get a crossfire/eyefinity setup working. My system is a PhenomIIx4 @3.8G, w/ 6850x2. Running CCC 11.10+cap4, Radeon Pro, and I have tried hayden's tool for fixing menus. 3x 1920x1080 Dell 2220 led displays.

*Game performance was initially very bad with stock profile. Unplayable bad. I experimented with game options and disabling crossfire. First I disabled crossfire, system was playable but not getting great performance.

*Created a custom profile in RadeonPro, using AA and Crossfire profiles from Oblivion. Now crossfire is working, but I am getting the minute "heartbeat" microstutter (tiny hiccup about every second) I used to get with CCC 11.9 playing witcher 2. Incidentally when I upgraded to CCC 11.10, ms was eliminated in other games, so it is a matter of time til this will (proabably) be fixed, but it is a non-issue at this point compared to other problems.

*Experimented with all graphics settings. I found that I can run the game at ultra at ~61fps(indoors), as long as I do not have shadow detail set to ultra. With this set to ultra, system bogs down and is unplayable. I keep this set to high, and everything else on maximum, and game looks very good w 60fps. If I go to higher detail areas and am not getting 45+, I can always turn down AA/AF, but they are currently maxed.

*According to radeonPro meters, both GPUs are being used at %60 utilization. I dont know if this means I only got 20% scaling, or if because I am testing in the indoor areas at beginning of game, that the framerate is capped at ~60, and thus they dont need greater utilization? Small concern at this point as the game on ultra is in the ballpark of performance I would expect for cf 6850.

*At the beginning of play I have to hit ctrl-alt-del, then "cancel" to bring the framerate back up to expected. It will dip down to 35ish in buildings. I found this tip on youtube. This may be an indication of system processes interfering with gameplay. I briefly experimented disabling all non-MS services and had performance issues. A surgical approach may be required to get around the ctrl-alt-del workaround.

***So at this point, game is playable with crossfire with Ctrl-Alt-Del workaround, and running shadows on at most high. CF scaling is yet to be determined, but game is not that graphically intensive with one 1080 disaplay. Now on to eyefinity...

*My installation of Skyrim does not appear to detect native resolution. I can select "default" settings which will put detail on "high" and (with eyefinity group already enabled at desktop), the game will detect a native resolution of 5:4 (??).

*Start the game with this setting, game is very VERY slow, about .5fps, takes forever to just get through startup splash screen, and then when environment loads, it takes about 1 minute for resources to load before NPC can even talk to me. The resolution appears to be correct at 5760x1080 without stretching. Interestingly, the in-game menus are centered, but the splash screen is stretched (vert-), cutting off some of the menu and graphics.

*Attempted to modify the .ini to set custom resolution, and modified profile to start from TESV, bypassing the config section. This did not have an effect on the resolution of laggggg.

*I had already tried haydens tool prior to any of my eyefinity experiements, but did not get far enough for it to be useful. Game has < 1fps, although fps counter shows it at 35%, and GPUs are showing minimal utilization.

*Could it be that my system is horribly CPU bound in eyefinity? I don't think so. After about five minutes of sitting and waiting, getting my hands unbound (at first save point), I am able to intermittently walk around with a 20-30fps rate, that cannot be maintained. It might be a vram problem? I only have 1G per card.

I am currently stuck. My next step will be to lower detail in eyefinity to see if I am memory staved which is causing effective lock ups. Any help appreciated.

Some more testing. . . .

*Put game on LOW setting to see if eyefinity will work. Nada. Still getting horrible lag < 1fps.

*Disabled crossfire (still on low setting). Now, eyefinity seems to work. So there is a problem with Crossfire + eyefinity. It might bear some investigation/experimentation with CAP settings to see if I can fix this. But ATM, CF+eyefinity appears to be broken. If anyone has discovered a solution to this in the 60 pages of this thread, please let me know...

The game shows great promise for eyefinity. It is picking up correct resolution, and FOV stock settings look good. I can walk around inside, on low settings with a reported 27-30fps, but there is lots of intermittent lag. Map is working and spans three screens beautifully. Default menu is centered, but when picking up items, those menus are stretched and cut off. I suspect hayden's tool will fix this, but I need to get crossfire working.

Post subject: c69][quote=c69
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 03:23 

[quote]
*Disabled crossfire (still on low setting). Now, eyefinity seems to work. So there is a problem with Crossfire + eyefinity. It might bear some investigation/experimentation with CAP settings to see if I can fix this. But ATM, CF+eyefinity appears to be broken. If anyone has discovered a solution to this in the 60 pages of this thread, please let me know...

I'd highly suggest reading the thread before doing all that massive testing. CF not working has been known essentially since day 1. I believe in the last 3-4 pages there was a .DLL posted. Might want to start researching in that direction.

Post subject: Intangible wrote:Hey
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 03:27 

Hey all,

Using Hayden's .1 fix having a small issue. Any loot that is picked up, the text is cut off on the left hand side. This also happens with any menu items, anything near the left side is not being transferred to the left monitor.

I'm a new eyefinity user so I'm not sure what's normal and/or if there is something wrong with my setup? Or is this one of the issues Hayden is looking into?

Thanks!

Play with the initial "Resolution Offset:" setting. try 1920, 1986, 1996, 2000, 2016, etc. It doesn't HAVE to be /3, but works best when it is.
Also hit the '~' key in game and play with the FOV settings. Try 'fov 75' fov 85' etc

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 03:42 

Just started playing today since I was busy all weekend. Found Hayden's menu fix which is great... but any word on how to get the 3D models to show up properly in the inventory? This is particularly important for book type items since they are not readable at all right now...

Also, is the game capped at 60 fps or something? Not sure how benches are going over 60 fps when mine is pegged at 60 as if vsync is on. Of course the popular iPresentInterval = 0 'fix' does nothing for me. The [H]ardOcp performance review said they did not change any ini settings yet they were able to get over 60 fps.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 03:48 

I don't mean to but in here, but I feel this is the right topic. I can get Skyrim to run in eyefinity mode by hitting th defult and it autosetting me to my eyefinity resolution. But, it runs at about 2 frames a second. I can run the game almost flawlessly on a single monitor never dipping below 40, average of about 60 fps. I turned off all aa and the like as well. Anything to try? Also changes that I make to the skyrim .ini don't seem to actually take effect, any fix to this? Any help is appriciated.

I had something similar. I had to disable crossfire to get eyefinity to "work".

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 03:59 

Looking forward to the final fix. Thanks a ton Hayden & helifax for what you guys have done so far.

Really really really looking forward to the final patch so I can read books :D

Anyway I'm sure the community would be thrilled to "beta test" what you have so far ;)

ps redirect link from the detailed report to here seems to be broken for me.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 04:28 

Just wanted to say thanks to all the community members contributing to fixing the multimonitor issues, hopefully Bethesda has an official fix soon, although IIRC I had to use a community fix for FO3, so..... hopefully.

Here are my results so far. The 0.1 fix on the Skyrim report is great. I can't wait for fixed book reading and a working map.

I play @ 3840x990 windowed or 4032x1024 full screened w/ bezel compensation on SLI GTX275's (280.19) and a 4.2ghz i7 920.
The game runs smooth nearly 100% of the time at 45+FPS on High-Ultra (NoAA, 16xAF, High radial blur, shadows and Decals, All water reflections, and view distances turned down to around 75% of Ultra's preset, +High distant objects). If I drop down to High with noAA, or medium it never drops below 60FPS, and usually hovers around 70-90 with vsync off. Judging by system power consumption and temperatures I'd say the 275's are maxed out, probably near 100% usage. Previously only furmark could draw this much power and push my cards near 80C with the fans turned up to 100%.

Post subject: wt73 wrote:Intangible
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 04:38 

[quote]Hey all,

Thanks!

Play with the initial "Resolution Offset:" setting. try 1920, 1986, 1996, 2000, 2016, etc. It doesn't HAVE to be /3, but works best when it is.
Also hit the '~' key in game and play with the FOV settings. Try 'fov 75' fov 85' etc

Ok, I'll start tinkering with it. The FOV seems to be ok, it's the menus currently. Hell even when i use the '`' I can't see the commands because they are cut off.

Post subject: Intangible][quote=c69
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011, 04:43 

[quote][quote]

I'd highly suggest reading the thread before doing all that massive testing. CF not working has been known essentially since day 1. I believe in the last 3-4 pages there was a .DLL posted. Might want to start researching in that direction.

Thanks. I tried this .dll and it does NOT work with my configuration (ccc 11.10)

I'm through working with this. Chalk it up to experience, and check back every week to see if/when amd provides drivers that fix crossfire/eyefinity, because I dont have the power to run this eyefinity on a single 6850.

I'd like to take this opportuity to admonish the overly optimistic smack who posted this game as a rating of "B". I was following the thread in the earliest 20 pages, went out and bought the game when it was announced that the menus were fixed and the game is playable. Only to find out, that not exactly true. Crossfire/eyefinity is broken and crossfire setups are probably a good half of eyefinity rigs. Thanks for getting me to waste $60 on a title I probably won't be able to enjoy in eyefinity until December, or ever.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 302  Next