Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 16:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 22:22 

Gr1zzly Try what i sayd on the previous page, launch the program and navigate to TESV.exe in your skyrim folder under steam.

Here is where i downloaded Large adress Aware : http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112556 there is a zip file on that page.

Thank you very much, now I can play for an hour or even longer without it crashes.

I have only one problem with the buggy Skyrim_UW then the World Map, here's an example:

Is there already a fix?

Post subject: Are u getting a strange
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 22:32 

Are u getting a strange flickering in the water when u enable this tweak. My setup is very similar to your and i get a weird flickering circle that aprears around me when im near water and the water itself flickers badly

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 22:32 

"Assuming you are tied of the tunnel vision in the game, and want to adjust your field of view to something more common to shooters (and useful on widescreen monitors), load up a saved game and hit the tilde key (~). That brings up a console overlay (hit tilde again to make it go away) that you can type into. Enter something like:

fov 85
...and hit [enter], and you can immediately see the fov is adjusted. I'm using 90, FWIW, but you can play around with different values to see what looks best. "

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1318588

Thanks for the info Johnny Utah

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 22:43 

Are u getting a strange flickering in the water when u enable this tweak. My setup is very similar to your and i get a weird flickering circle that aprears around me when im near water and the water itself flickers badly

I got the flickering before and after.. WIsh I could fix it.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 22:59 
Editors
Editors

My Question - is this normal or do i have things setup wrong?

it doesnt distract much from gaming its just is it the same for everyone. I notice when i go back to xbox and FM4 i dont get the stretching on the edges of the outside screens.

just wanted to throw that out to the comunity whilst we wait for the skyrim fix to appear.

Its a normal behavior when running ultra wide resolutions, you should focus your attention to the centre monitor and let left and right screens add to peripheral vision, meaning immersion.

Post subject: Skyrim .ini tool^ I just
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 23:10 

Skyrim .ini tool

^ I just found this little gem... Makes tweaking the .ini a lot easier to do when fiddling with the little details!

Post subject: Gr1zzly wrote:Mandran
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 23:14 

[quote]Gr1zzly Try what i sayd on the previous page, launch the program and navigate to TESV.exe in your skyrim folder under steam.

Here is where i downloaded Large adress Aware : http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112556 there is a zip file on that page.

Thank you very much, now I can play for an hour or even longer without it crashes.

I have only one problem with the buggy Skyrim_UW then the World Map, here's an example:

Is there already a fix?

Np, alot of people are getting ridd of the crashes with it incl me.

Post subject: Great job and thanks to
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 23:17 

Great job and thanks to Helifax and Hayden. Compelled me to post here just to say that!

BTW, I am currently using Helifax's trainer for 5760...it works great, save for the switching back and forth between modes for maps, etc. but that is a trifle.

However, I remember reading Hayden's post stating that his fix was working without any issues...just wondering if I am missing how I would get a hold of it? Was I mistaken, he did declare if complete and working, so where do i go to get it??

I am new here so maybe completed fixes are posted somewhere else and everyone already has it?

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 23:19 

I don't think he released it yet. Just teased us with it =p

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 23:20 

My whole display is zoomed in - there is no periphery. It's as if it doesn't know that I want "widescreen" in spite of setting

iSize H=1050
iSize W=5040

at a loss of what to do at this point. Still looking for suggestions if you guys have them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 302  Next