Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 15:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 16:45 

Morning all-

So I finally broke down after reading all the killer reviews. I was completely excited to jump in and try it out. I spent the past 5 hours just trying to get the resolution correct - I am missing something somewhere.

eVGA 460 with Matrox 3H2Go
3x22 = 5040 x 1050
2600k @ 4.7 ghz

I have updated my driver to 285.79. I am still getting the mega-zoom / incorrect field of view when I get in to the game. Here are the things I have tried and done:

1) Manually changed ini to 5040 x 1050
2) Used the HaYDeN tool (with a 1680 injection)
3) Start game with TESV.exe
4) Messed around with ' + FOV ###

I am not even to the menu stretch... I can't even get the base to give me the correct field of view. I have waded through the 46 pages and I don't see anything specific regarding the zoon in / FOV issues - only the menu issue.

Any / all help is appreciated.

Bman.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 16:48 

Thx Hayden. Donated a few bucks. Keep up the good work.

Post subject: kilmoor wrote:Huh, I'm
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 16:52 

Huh, I'm getting 100% on both cards, 40-60 FPS with no slowdowns. I only did the two shadow tweaks that were brought up on release day, but my ground shadows look like crap... Not using any SLI profile, either.

Now, for some pics of the bummer texture bug... my first dragon had no skin! I did an F9, and the skin was normal after that. Really weird, textures getting corrupted like this then reverting to normal on a quickload.

What is the shadow tweaks? They look like crap in this game even on Ultra

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 17:05 

Just chiming in about vsync and some shadow stuff.. I fired the game up for the first time on friday and had 1920x1080 res with screen tearing and serious mouse lag so did the two

iPresentInterval=0
bMouseAcceleration=0

And it acted more like vsync was on afterward... no tearing and very snappy mouse.. weird. I have a 920 @ 3.8 with HT off and two 470s overclocked to 820/1900 and running the new beta driver with Hayden's fix @ res 5760x1080... I get up to 99% gpu use and up to 1220mb of vmem used in some of the outdoors areas.. I have everything on ultra with no AA and 16x AF. I did the tree and ground shadow tweaks everyone seemed to do on day one

bTreesReceiveShadows=1
bDrawLandShadows=1

and the following additional shadow tweaks

iShadowMapResolution=4096
fShadowBiasScale=0.1500
iShadowMaskQuarter=0
iBlurDeferredShadowMask=5
bFloatPointRenderTarget=1
iShadowFilter=1
iShadowMode=3
bTreesReceiveShadows=1
bDrawLandShadows=1
bDrawShadows=1
bShadowMaskZPrepass=0
bMainZPrepass=0

Those softened the shadows up a bit.. but I get some glitches here and there.. like the shadows are pulsing a bit every 10 seconds or so for 1 second, but only every once in a while.. not everywhere. So I can live with it for now. Outdoors when I pan across a large vista the FPS dip below 30 but for the most part the game runs very smoothly.. I was worried I was going to be disappointed and want to get two 3G 580s right off the bat but these overclocked 470s on this x58 platform seem to be doing fairly well still (after what, almost 2 years now?). Anyways, just wanted to share some info...

and BIG thanks to Hayden and Helifax and everyone involved with the multi screen fix... you totally RULE!

Post subject: Tnx hayden for the great
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 17:09 

Tnx hayden for the great fix!!

One question though, since I like low mouse sensitivity the ingame menu sensitivity seems to be different as in higher than my setting.
Did you insert a fixed mouse sens for the ingame menu? And can I change that somehow? :) I'm all over the place when in the menu since I have troubles controlling my mouse cursor on that sensitivity :D

Apologies if the "problem" has been said already :)

EDIT: typo >>

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 17:24 

Huh, couldn't figure out how to edit my own post...
So, here's a pic of the texture bug. The way the dragon looks here is typical of the corrupted objects that seem to be entirely random, and often revert after a F9 quickload. Sorry for the thumb, I can't find good hosting for an image this size.

Post subject: has hayden uploaded the
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 17:28 

has hayden uploaded the book/3D item fix yet?

i have his older fix which works great but a couple pages back he said he fixed the book/3D issues and showed pics too, everyone is thanking him so i feel as tho i have missed it somewhere. dont think i have cus i have been keeping up with this forum?

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 17:32 
Insiders
Insiders

i have his older fix which works great but a couple pages back he said he fixed the book/3D issues and showed pics too, everyone is thanking him so i feel as tho i have missed it somewhere. dont think i have cus i have been keeping up with this forum?

No..he's tool is not uploaded..yet...

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 17:37 

Huh, couldn't figure out how to edit my own post...
So, here's a pic of the texture bug. The way the dragon looks here is typical of the corrupted objects that seem to be entirely random, and often revert after a F9 quickload. Sorry for the thumb, I can't find good hosting for an image this size.

Haha I saw one of those and I thought it was just a blue dragon. Aside from the strangeness of the idea, it seemed intentional art design wise. Very strange.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 17:38 

He typically posts that he has fixed an issue, then he goes about making an easy-to-follow way for the rest of to enable it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 302  Next