Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 20:56

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: ugzz wrote:are there any
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 23:00 
Editors
Editors

are there any workaround for these i missed? i went back and read through a few pages but didnt see anything.

HaYDeN is working on a new version of the fix, so all remaining flaws should be fixed, as soon as we have some news itll be posted in this thread and the game's Detailed Report will be updated, please note that the best place to find the latest version is the Detailed Report.

Post subject: So Hayden's fix with the
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 23:02 

So Hayden's fix with the Skyrim_UW.exe and a change to "X:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonskyrimSkyrimSkyrimPrefs.ini" works? Because it doesn't work for me as a stand-alone 'fix'
If so, which values? There were a few in the other Bethesda games.

Attached files

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 23:06 

helifax his latest fixes does work for me,
Moving the hud to the left monitor in the menus is fine for me.
The biggest issue for me is that this fix has huge issues with mouse movement. Every time I move the mouse a lot I get serious FPS drops. Running fine normally but with this fix it is almost unplayable as choppy as it gets. I think it has something to do with the mouse cursor moving to the artificial edges.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 23:06 
Administrators
Administrators

So Hayden's fix with the Skyrim_UW.exe and a change to "X:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonskyrimSkyrimSkyrimPrefs.ini" works? Because it doesn't work for me as a stand-alone 'fix'

Try resetting the graphics details via the launcher to default first, then without changing the aspect ratio or the resolution, launch the game.

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 23:09 

Those getting "!Couldn't open process!" with Hayden's fix, try running TESV.exe as admin (right click-> "run as"). The fix doesn't work for me either way, actually. Even running TESV.exe as admin, Skyrim_UW.exe successfully gets to "Boom patched", but the game launches in a little window on my left screen which I can't maximize (I tried double-clicking top bar and alt+enter).

Post subject: Skid wrote:wt73 wrote:So
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 23:15 

[quote]So Hayden's fix with the Skyrim_UW.exe and a change to "X:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonskyrimSkyrimSkyrimPrefs.ini" works? Because it doesn't work for me as a stand-alone 'fix'

Try resetting the graphics details via the launcher to default first, then without changing the aspect ratio or the resolution, launch the game.

Oh it's on now. TY. Rookie mistake leaving the settings on Ultra right out the gate - Had them set to Ultra for 1920x1080

Post subject: CILLER wrote:helifax his
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 23:16 
Insiders
Insiders

helifax his latest fixes does work for me,
Moving the hud to the left monitor in the menus is fine for me.
The biggest issue for me is that this fix has huge issues with mouse movement. Every time I move the mouse a lot I get serious FPS drops. Running fine normally but with this fix it is almost unplayable as choppy as it gets. I think it has something to do with the mouse cursor moving to the artificial edges.

You are referring to the trainer fix or the stretched hud fix?

PS: I really need to unplug my xbox 360 controller:))))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 23:18 

Those getting "!Couldn't open process!" with Hayden's fix, try running TESV.exe as admin (right click-> "run as"). The fix doesn't work for me either way, actually. Even running TESV.exe as admin, Skyrim_UW.exe successfully gets to "Boom patched", but the game launches in a little window on my left screen which I can't maximize (I tried double-clicking top bar and alt+enter).

You are right, it works when launching in admin. But not when launching in admin with the launcher and the settings I want. So nice to know, but looking at it and seeing that it works and nothing I can do with it is quite frustrating as well :P

Post subject: matrices wrote:Hm, I am
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 23:18 

Hm, I am running into a very unusual issue: the game CTDs using the Skyrim_UW.exe injection. At first I thought it was random but I noticed that it always happened when I went near this person in the woods. I went back into single screen mode and when I met this person, I got the notice that I had discovered a new location.

Maybe there's an issue with discovering locations? Seems unlikely but I'll investigate more.

580 Tri-SLI, W7 64, latest Nvidia drivers.

e: Yup, this is weird as hell. It's the area after you complete the first dungeon and are told to bring the claw back. You walk through the forest/woods near the river and come across this hut and some cloaked person (old woman?). As soon as I get close enough for the "new location found" thing to trigger, the game immediately CTDs.

And to top it off, it also CTDs if I try to load from a save I made in single monitor mode right after I found the location.

Sigh, damn computers/Bethesda/universe etc, lol.

e2: So it happens only if you have bezel correction enabled, apparently. Will report back again if I find otherwise.

I also CTD just after discovering a new area. I haven't messed with disabling bezel correction. I am using 5760x1080

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 23:19 

You are referring to the trainer fix or the stretched hud fix?

PS: I really need to unplug my xbox 360 controller:))))

Your latest trainer fix, I was using the 5760.EXE version

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 302  Next