Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Aug 2024, 16:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 19:25 

I appreciate the effort guys. After playing the game all day Friday on my 24" hoping for a fix, I realize that playing without books and 3D items would kind of suck given the context of the game.

Everyone needs to flood Bethesda with emails asking about a multi-monitor UI.

Post subject: morfinx wrote:Hi guys, I
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 19:33 

Hi guys, I haven't read through the whole thread, so I might be repeating what someone else has said already. Portrait EF works fine for me (3600x1920) once I went into the ini file and set a custom resolution. There is something weird though: near the bottom of my screen, there is a permanent "LEVEL UP" phrase that cannot be clicked and never goes away. See screenshot:

Anyone experienced something like this?

yeah i posted this back on page 21 with a detailed discription of some of the things i've figured out so far..

i really wish i could get rid of it.. as it screws up reading subtitles and crap..... BAH

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 19:53 
Insiders
Insiders

The work-in-progress fix has been uploaded to WSGF (thanks Thales100) and is available if you care to check the detailed report

Skyrim Detailed Report

There are currently still a few pressing issues, such as the stretched 3D models, although this can be reduced, it's difficult to entirely correct - there may be some other snafu's along the way relating to this, I haven't actually had the opportunity to play it too much, because a game like this needs to be experienced properly the first time, I consider it to be 'reasonably' playable now.

It's packaged in a quick and nasty native Win32 API C++ application, it does require administrative permissions to run because it needs to modify memory [in the Skyrim game process only!] - additionally, you may require the Microsoft C++ 2010 Redistributable (you'll get a error on launch if so) --

As per the blurb in the editbox - I advise starting it before Skyrim, clicking Execute Injection, then starting Skyrim, that way it will hook it instantly upon launch.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post subject: HaYDeN wrote:The
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 19:56 
Editors
Editors

The work-in-progress fix has been uploaded to WSGF (thanks Thales100) and is available if you care to check the detailed report

Skyrim Detailed Report

Nah thanks to you and all hours of hard work you put on this, please check the game's Detailed Report under Multi-Monitor Specific Solution, download the little file and enjoy this outstanding game in surround / eyefinity !

Post subject: Amazing work, thanks.
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 19:59 

Amazing work, thanks.

Post subject: HaYDeN wrote:The
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 20:00 
Insiders
Insiders

Skyrim Detailed Report

There are currently still a few pressing issues, such as the stretched 3D models, although this can be reduced, it's difficult to entirely correct - there may be some other snafu's along the way relating to this, I haven't actually had the opportunity to play it too much, because a game like this needs to be experienced properly the first time, I consider it to be 'reasonably' playable now.

It's packaged in a quick and nasty native Win32 API C++ application, it does require administrative permissions to run because it needs to modify memory [in the Skyrim game process only!] - additionally, you may require the Microsoft C++ 2010 Redistributable (you'll get a error on launch if so) --

As per the blurb in the editbox - I advise starting it before Skyrim, clicking Execute Injection, then starting Skyrim, that way it will hook it instantly upon launch.

Thanks a lot HaYDen! It suffers from the same book issue as helifax's fix but it is a little better with out the stretched screen. Thanks to every one for making this possible for us novices of code!

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 20:04 
Editors
Editors

A big thanks also to helifax, EvilEngineer, iDavros and everybody that helped on this, btw HaYDeN will release asap a newer version trying to fix the minor remaining flaws, so keep checking WSGF.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 20:04 
Insiders
Insiders

I haven't struck a book just yet tbh - But I guess I will, once the 3d models are fixed, everything would be fixed I suspect, unfortunately the 3d models are not flash I don't believe, that's the engine.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post subject: On a separate note, has
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 20:05 

On a separate note, has anyone ever found a way to remove Nvidia's "due to resource constraints, you can't run this game above 2xAA" that it enforces in every game using 3D + Surround?

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 20:05 

THANKS SO MUCH!! now I can see my item details and whatnot.. so much better :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 302  Next