Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 22:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 17:57 
Insiders
Insiders

I could guide into that..but the problem is that all the menus and hud is moved to the left monitor....I simply changed the drawing resolution from 5040 to 1680. The game still renders on 3x monitors but all the hud is moved to the left.
I don't believe you want that: crosshair etc is on the left monitor...

After reading some more here on the forum and personal find it seems that the menus are flash files...so rescaling the swf files could also be a solution:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 18:07 

Anyone else having issues where the game won't even boot? No matter what resolution? I'm running portrait surround and I've tried just even getting it to play in windowed mode or anything, and no go, it gets to the bethesda opening thing...then I see the Skyrim logo, and it crashes...every time. I don't know if this is surround related or another issue?

Try turning sound quality on your pc down to 48000hz.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 18:10 

Thank you flyingpenguin that did work! Now I can at least experience the other issues everyone else is having haha.

Post subject: Hi everyone,I'm a bit
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 18:22 

Hi everyone,

I'm a bit confuse.. (It doesn't take much as I'm pretty new to this setup). But on the screenshot of the first post of this thread, he was able to get the compass on the top of the screen, I can't even see that on mine. Am I missing some sort of setting? if I change the ini file sizeH value to my resolution, will it brings the UI back in? I'm at work atm so I can't test this.

Also my cross-hair is nowhere to be seen as well..

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 18:29 

I thought and read that it would have eyefinity support. I got home @ 12:30AM (I wanted a physical copy and didn't want to wait for the Steam DL) and was crushed when I saw the resolution choices.
I respect all the work everyone with better knowledge/xp is doing to make this playable on large displays.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 18:37 

I have a simple work around not seeing the stats of the equipment with the menus broken...

highlight it in the inventory..

push R to drop it...

you can then see the stats of the item!

then write the value on a bit of note paper :)

im tallying my inventory with pen and paper. its like AD&D lol

lets hope a better work around comes around..

but for me the game is now just about playable!

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 18:44 

I thought and read that it would have eyefinity support. I got home @ 12:30AM (I wanted a physical copy and didn't want to wait for the Steam DL) and was crushed when I saw the resolution choices.
I respect all the work everyone with better knowledge/xp is doing to make this playable on large displays.

Tell me about disappointment. I preordered on steam the second i could. Didnt have to wait for Steam DL because of preload availability for two days before which was awesome. since they unlocked at midnight eastern i was actually on playing at 10pm my time but the disappointment with the menu stretching adn scaling was a major let down.

All the more reason why i will be eternally grateful to Hayden or Helifax or whoever can find a fix for this.

Post subject: SuspendingBJ wrote:wt73
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 18:48 

[quote]I thought and read that it would have eyefinity support. I got home @ 12:30AM (I wanted a physical copy and didn't want to wait for the Steam DL) and was crushed when I saw the resolution choices.

Tell me about disappointment. I preordered on steam the second i could. Didnt have to wait for Steam DL because of preload availability for two days before which was awesome. since they unlocked at midnight eastern i was actually on playing at 10pm my time but the disappointment with the menu stretching adn scaling was a major let down.

All the more reason why i will be eternally grateful to Hayden or Helifax or whoever can find a fix for this.

indeed!

lets hope we get this fixed!

Post subject: Dirty work around
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 18:55 

Hi,

Think I've got it just about playable using Cheat Engine.

Download cheat engine 6.1then load the attached CT file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?593k7i9kn6xumby

Run skyrim and load up your game. (Make sure you load up your last save before you use the hack or the hud will move over to the left)

atl tab out load the tesv.exe process in cheat engine then put the width of one monitor in the value then go back to skyrim.

The hud is still central, but the menus now appear on the left most monitor!

Works for me, hope it works for you too!

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 19:15 

the cheatengine website seems down, too bad ^^

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 302  Next