Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 11:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 20:58 

i noticed this havent been really discussed in detail and thought it would be a valuable resource for all of us to know and learn , and hopefully we could help create more and more tools for FOV, HOR+, Aspect fixing.

I'm talking about fixes for games that have no easy way such as editing a text/hex in a file, registry etc. To fix these games's FOV, I suspect one would have to do some memory poking and inject some code. I know only very little in regards to this aspect and I know that this does work to force custom resolutions, by search for the resolution X/Y values and changing them to pinpoint the meemory addresses. With this method, you can pretty easily change the resolution to your liking in almost any game.

However, the FOV values is quite abit harder as you dont "see" the values and there are more variables linked to "camera views" and it could screw up pretty easily.

I would be happy to hear what some of the more experienced community experiences and tips on this.

thanks!

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2011, 00:42 
Insiders
Insiders

You can talk about memory hacking in general...

But most games tbh, they vary so much in the way that the engine behaves, even unreal engine games, its up to the implementer as to how they calculate the FOV... if you're lucky they will derive everything from a single base FOV value, change that and everything is fixed... [like 1 in 100 haha] altho 99% of the time the bastards have a FOV value for every little scene switch in a cutscene, at this point it becomes impractical to try and change all the values so you either need to find what the engine reads and brute force it (generally bad practise, but I use the method quite a bit due to ease of implementation and safety from cheat detection) or inject some code to recalculate the value then continue with the original code.

There's a few how-to memory hacks floating around the site from memory.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2011, 01:01 

ic, haha. thanks for the insight. sounds like its a few levels above my current knowledge. i'll try to dig deeper

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2011, 05:11 
Founder
Founder

Yeah dude don't try to do crap like this on your own it'll mess up your PC, cos HayDen is a 1337 haxxor he doesn't mess around, and after he will no longer provide hacks then Eyefinity gaming will die off.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2011, 06:29 
Insiders
Insiders

Thanks for your eloquent and constructive input MW2 (ohh look, I can be sarcastic too)

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here